[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's so bad about Skyrim, /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7
File: bruh look at this dude.jpg (236 KB, 3000x1686) Image search: [Google]
bruh look at this dude.jpg
236 KB, 3000x1686
What's so bad about Skyrim, /v/?
>>
SHOULD NEVER HAVE COME HERE
>>
>>334498261
I'LL RIP YOUR HEART OUT
>>
paarthurnax's cringe worthy pseudo philosophical dialogues
>>
its not that bad
it could have been so much better
>>
Its a dumbed down rpg for casuals and people who dont like rpgs. The combat is genuinely awful, the story has no good characters or interesting writing, the skill and roleplaying mechanics are so simplified its insulting and not interesting to develop.
>>
>>334498261
CAN'T WAIT TO COUNT OUT YOUR COIN
>>
I swear Bethesda makes an absolute waste of the lore available.

How you can have so much at your disposal and absolutely fail to utilise it is beyond me.
>>
>Shitty quests that all involve delving into the same style of dungeon over and over again.
>Lack of interesting spells.
>Very little in the way of weapons and armour
>'Unique' items that are just ordinary models with enchantments stuck on them
>Encourages jack-of-all-trades characters. A warrior can easily complete the College of Winterhold quests for instance.
>Story doesn't make much sense, why would Alduin go to the one place where he wasn't immortal?
>Ignoring the Nordic pantheon in favour of the Imperial one.
>All of the usual problems from the Gamebryo engine (terrible animations and AI, bugs galore, >ladders)
>None of your actions actually impact the world besides swapping Imperial guards for Stormcloaks or vice versa.
>The Civil War in general was a huge let-down
>Selling your soul to every other Daedra
>Tiny settlements
>Dragon fights, the main selling point of the game, are abysmal
>Removed a lot of the RPG elements, yet still has terrible spam left-click combat.
>Ugly
>The fact that this list could easily be ten times longer if I could be bothered
>>
File: P1011854.jpg (63 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
P1011854.jpg
63 KB, 600x800
>Terrible combat
>Terrible world design (Copied and pasted assets)
>Terrible dungeons
>Terrible puzzles
>Terrible UI
>Terrible leveling system
>Terrible crafting
>Terrible itemization
>Terrible enemy AI
>Terrible enemy mechanics (All fights are pretty much exactly the same)
>Quests forgettable
What isn't absolutely shit about every bethesda game ever?
>>
>>334499757
>>Terrible world design (Copied and pasted assets)
What's the point in having a large world when you you see everything the game has to offer asset-wise in the first 30 minutes of the game?
>>
>>334498342
>>334498346
both of these

personally, the only way i was able to fully, 100% enjoy the game was after 10GB of mods and subsequently roleplaying for the entire playthrough
>>
TELL YOU WHAT, YOU START RUNNING SO I CAN STAB YOU IN THE BACK
>>
The fucking crashes
Whats the point of making a game if it cant handle my 200+ sex mods
>>
>"OH MY GOD THIS GAME IS SO FUCKING HORRIBLE I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!"
>still plays regularly almost 5 years later
>>
>>334499757
>10 voice actors for 10 different voice styles leading to a lifeless sounding game
>>
File: yeahno.jpg (49 KB, 371x169) Image search: [Google]
yeahno.jpg
49 KB, 371x169
>>334500601
yeah no
I can't believe I fell for it.
>Oblivion: Shit
>Fallout 3: Shit
>Skyrim: Shit
>>
I thought it was really good but they did remove a lot of the good stuff from Oblivion. Such as:

>Removed haggling mechanic
>Removed bribery and persuasion. Although the latter was shittily implemented in Oblivion
>Removed spell crafting and a tonne of spells
>Quests are more boring
>Less and smaller cities. Oblivion's cities are objectively better.

The dungeons and overworld of Skyrim are better though.

>>334499405
>Ignoring the Nordic pantheon in favour of the Imperial one.
Yeah this annoyed me. It's like they are completely ignored except for a couple of place names and Alduin.
>>
>>334498132
Mods can fix it.
>>
>>334501894
There were actually pretty faithful to the lore though.
If you read the guide to tamriel thing from Redguard, it's on UESP, loads of the stuff mentioned is in the game. Like the throat of the world, shouts and the bards' college
>>
File: wyOvtes.jpg (83 KB, 500x449) Image search: [Google]
wyOvtes.jpg
83 KB, 500x449
The tragedy of Skyrim is that underneath lied the potential for an amazing experience. But it's held back by the worst quest design in an RPG in recent memory. I currently love role playing as a Khajiit but then I get bored after about 10 minutes because I Realize all the quests are boring as shit and have no branching paths. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

There is literally zero motivation to do anything in the game because it is devoid of soul.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.