[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else get embarrassed when people ask what games you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 300x300
Does anyone else get embarrassed when people ask what games you play or see you playing games? I don't know why but it feels wrong, like its some taboo shit that I do that's frowned upon
>>
Yeah. Honestly if it's some basement dweller who I know is heavily into video games I don't feel as bad going into details, but if it's some normie shit I'll just say "heh I don't play that much honestly hehe"
>>
My girlfriend doesn't even know I play video games.
>>
>>334497058
I physically cannot talk about video games unless it's on this website or online, it just feels so wrong and weird even if speaking to people who also play games
>>
>>334496903
My answer depends on whether or not I want to be associated with the asker or not. If I do, then I normally say something safe but still a single player game so they don't ask me for my account name like Zelda, Pokemon, or Bamham.
If I want them to fuck off I say obscure and potentially controversial games like Dragon's Crown.
>>
Haven't had this problem since I was twelve, grow up. Nobody cares and you definitely shouldn't care so much about what others think.
I watch anime in the train, and if I had a handheld I'd play that in the train and not care about others
>>
>>334497328
Well the people who ask me what I play would find those games "obscure" and autistic even though it's pretty common, unless they answer first I say nothing until I can gauge their power levels
>>
I don't really talk to people
>>
>>334497134
That's a retarded move.
Women usually hate men playing video games, if you ever marry that bitch and she is like the norm, your life is gonna suck.
>>
>>334497058
The same.
>>
>>334498018
I sure am going to take relationship advice from the permavirgins on 4chan, thanks.
>>
>>334497828
my nigga
>>
>>334498018
>Women usually hate men playing video games
Bullshit.

I introduce my wife to vidya and I play with her.
>>
>>334496903
>tfw I went to art schools and all the students played video games
No problem talking about video games with anyone because this.
>>
File: Fat nerd.jpg (54 KB, 425x567) Image search: [Google]
Fat nerd.jpg
54 KB, 425x567
Video games are a taboo.
Its a gross, worthless hobby for losers.
You should be embarrassed about it and never talk about it.
You don't want to be one of those fat losers who wear video games shirts at community colleges.
>>
>>334498209
I am not a virgin, I am homo though.
Women a shit, only useful for having babies.
>>
>>334498448
Video games are nothing but my escape hobby, basically my shut-off from the world time, which is why it feels wrong talking about it
>>
>>334498451
>misogynistic homo
Colour me surprised
>>
>>334499132
I have also three lesbians that are misandrist cunts as neighbors
There is everything in this world
>>
>>334497557
>manchild tells people to grow up

LMAO
>>
File: 1454277161203.jpg (73 KB, 332x333) Image search: [Google]
1454277161203.jpg
73 KB, 332x333
>have an old friend
>known him since I was 2 years old
>we weren't really good friends
>I thought he was kind of a dick sometimes
>we still hung out a lot
>we played shit like LotR: RotK, Contra, War of the Monsters, etc
>he introduced me to Runescape and we played it for a couple of years
>he even played Warcraft and shit so his power level was definitely above mine
>at 15 y/o we go to different classes because I really started slacking hard in high school
>we stop hanging out completely
>meet him a couple of years later (23 years old now)
>ask him about life and shit
>he says he's studying some economical bullshit
>I've been a NEET for a good 5 years at this point
>he asks me about my life
>give him some vague response about living it one day at a time
>ask him if he still plays vidya, the one thing we had in common
>don't really expect much, probably something like FIFA since he's been normalfagging it up and he's always been a ''soccer'' fan, maybe LoL or CoD
>he says he doesn't play games at all because he's just too busy with lyfe
>start reminiscing about how we used to play gay nerd games like Runescape
>he laughs awkwardly as if he tried to forget that part of his life
>we part our ways
>never talk again

thank you for reading my

Life wasn't supposed to be like this.
>>
>>334498018
He will play vidya with his wife's son.
>>
>>334501018
my blog*
>>
>>334501018
I know plenty of people, myself included, who don't have that much free time but still play video games (and shitpost on 4chan). Your friend never cared for games to begin with and only used them to kill time.
>>
>>334501572
I only come on /v/ to shitpost
>>
File: 200.gif (756 KB, 449x200) Image search: [Google]
200.gif
756 KB, 449x200
>>334501572
>and only used them to kill time.

Aren't we all?
Isn't every entertainment medium just a way to kill time in the end?
>>
File: [calamity intensifies].webm (3 MB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
[calamity intensifies].webm
3 MB, 720x405
>mfw someone finds my eroge collection
>>
>>334502231
I don't know about you but I genuinely enjoy video games. If I wanted to kill time I'd read a book.
>>
>>334502467
I enjoy books but I am too lazy to start one.
I just can't get myself to.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.