[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, so this game is on sale but I've never played
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 777.jpg (55 KB, 400x356) Image search: [Google]
777.jpg
55 KB, 400x356
Hey guys, so this game is on sale but I've never played the series before. Should I do it?

What is the learning curve?
>>
It's probably one of the more beginner friendly games in the series. Though you're absurdly fragile at the start and it gets easier as you go along.
You wanna talk to as many monsters as you can to try and recruit them, both for use as party members and to use them as fusion fodder (basically combining multiple monsters into a single, stronger one)
>>
Sure, the game was made for beginners.
>>
only if you like unfair games where you can be wiped out by regular enemies before you even get a chance to have a turn.
>>
>>334496865
>>What is the learning curve?

Megaten as a whole is generally pretty hard, but this game is one of the friendlier entries. It's still hard though.

>>334497590
Well sure, if you let them get the first turn.
>>
>>334497590
>Enemy spawns right under Flynn's feet
>Ambushed
>Whole party gets wiped out
Thank god you can save whenever you want.
>>
>>334496865
It's far from the best SMT, but it is a fine game in its own right and is a pretty solid place to start.

The game starts off a bit on the difficult side, but becomes super easy after the first couple of hours.
>>
I decided to go ahead and buy it. Thank you guys for the help, I really appreciate it!
>>
>>334496865
SMT IV is probably the easiest game in the mainline series. The first few hours are very difficult however.

If you've played Nocturne beforehand you will be right at home with its mechanics but IV has a very nice tutorial to start you off regardless.
>>
>>334498202
REGULAR ENEMIES WHO HAVE BLIGHT ARE THE WORST
>>
It's fun and not hard to learn how to play. The beginning can be real rough but once you get a team built up it becomes quite easy. I just started playing it again in preparation for Apocalypse.
>>
>>334496865
Don't listen to what people tell you, it's difficult in the beginning. Very fucking difficult.
Don't be surprised if the first enemy kills you.

The game becomes easier once you get some more demons and skills, but the beginning is fucking brutal.

Amazing game though, I really had a lot of fun with hit, so I hope you are up to it.
>>
>>334497590
>>334500196
>tetrakarn
>>
File: 1449510402394.png (363 KB, 856x748) Image search: [Google]
1449510402394.png
363 KB, 856x748
>>334500273
>Apocalypse

Why is the western name so good
>>
>>334500273
>>334500970
Do we have a fucking release date yet?

I kind of liked FINAL, rolls off the tongue better than Apocalypse
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.