[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My friend just gave up on playing DaS3 because of the gank squads
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: darksouls3.jpg (121 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
darksouls3.jpg
121 KB, 1280x720
My friend just gave up on playing DaS3 because of the gank squads + every enemy having large combos with each hit doing a ton of damage.

Fuck you From. DaS3 is a big step up from 2 but you still fucked up something very simple that keeps it from reaching 1's quality.
>>
>>334496057
there has not been a single part I've found unreasonable or unfair compared to past games, I think this actually one of the best entry points for new players besides bloodborne
>>
>>334496205
>there has not been a single part I've found unreasonable or unfair compared to past games
I can't think of many areas that don't have large groups of enemies that force you to kite to take them down one by one.

The enemy placement is pretty shitty compared to 1, and I'd definitely recommend 1 to new players. The enemies don't hit as hard, the enemies are easier to read, gank squads exist but are less frequent, fewer enemies have combos, your weapon can do more damage because you can upgrade it more early in the game, etc.
>>
>>334496057
>My friend just gave up
You don't fool me faggot. Get good.
>>
>>334496426
I've actually having a relatively easy time because I take time kiting enemies. I only die to bosses at most 4 or 5 times.

I wanted to do a co-op playthrough with my friend but he's quit now.
>>
>>334496352
>Sequel is harder
Why is this a problem?
>>
>>334496057
Your friend must be bad
I'm going to Cathedral of the Deep and I haven't found a 'ganksquad' that I can't pull one at the time or use the environment to defeat
DaS 2 was dog shit in that regard, with enemies aggroing you 3 or 4 at time on narrow corridors and with ridiculous tracking
>>
>>334496205
I think people act like the gank squads are inherently bad when they existed before Dark Souls 2.

In BB, DaS3, and Demon's souls they just had no health. You could easily one shot them.

In 2 they had like 4-5 hits per guy and they typically couldn't be stunned, making it bullshit and unfair
>>
>>334496508
Nobody is criticizing increased difficulty in itself.

>>334496604
>that I can't pull one at the time
I'm aware of kiting and use that technique extensively. Having to "pull enemies out" is slow and boring. In 1 it was easier to just run up to enemies and fuck them in a 1v1.
>>
I'm only having a hard time being a str shitter and currently at Lothric Castle

Fucking red eye knights do like 70% of my health on first hit and I can't even get a swing out before I'm already dead
>>
>>334496616
>In 2 they had like 4-5 hits per guy and they typically couldn't be stunned, making it bullshit and unfair

The enemies behind that one door in the Lost Bastille piss me right the fuck off
>>
>>334496727
>Nobody is criticizing increased difficulty
So what's the problem?
>>
>>334497406
>Nobody is criticizing increased difficulty IN ITSELF
>>
>>334497513
>three times
What exactly is your problem
>>
>>334497719
The fact that an illiterate moron like you is still posting in this thread.
>>
File: 1453657305151.jpg (13 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1453657305151.jpg
13 KB, 350x350
>>334497921
>I don't have a criticism, I'm just a shitter
Ok
>>
>>334498060
>the criticism has been stated over 3 times in this thread but I'm too much of an illiterate moron to recognize it regardless if I agree with it or not
OK
>>
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 600x800
Here goes unrelated question.
I really didn't enjoyed DS2, should I bother this game?
>>
>>334498147
Three times? Try and show where it was stated once then
>>
>>334498350
It's better than 2 but worse than 1, so yes.
>>
farrons swamp with thegiant beasts
>>
>>334498350
whatever that is, it looks delicious
>>
>>334498350
It's certainly better than DS2
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.