[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is this allowed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3
File: file.png (128 KB, 436x404) Image search: [Google]
file.png
128 KB, 436x404
why is this allowed?
>>
prepare to die contains dlc, otherwise 1 and 3 are equal in length
>>
>>334494970

>50 hours

maybe if you spend 25 hours co-oping and invading. Same with Dark Souls 2.
>>
>>334494970
cause there's a 30$ DLC that didn't came from thin air
>>
I don't think Dark Souls even took me 50 hours on my first blind run where I was a fatroller with no ranged attacks.
>>
>>334494970
You could have watched the interviews where Miyazaki confirmed DaS III is not as big as DaS II but has more depth to it than DaS II did. I got two more lords of cinder to kill and I have 23 hours logged. SL 80 ish and I've fucked up alot of NPC quests and have to back track for some items.

DLC was announced already as well. Which I have yet to be let down by Fromsoftware's DLC. It's usually cheap for the content they shove into it.
>>
>>334494970

My first ever playtrhrough of Dark Souls was 32 hours.
>>
>>334494970
Dark souls 3 was aimed at retarded memers and normies.

Just look at all the shilling and merchandise on sites.
>>
DS1 is nowhere near 50 hrs. Unless if youre a brain dead retard eating paint chips, itll only take around 25 hrs on a blind run
>>
>>334496364
>Namco DLC is suddenly Miyazaki's DLC

Its retards like you that make DLC cancer.
>>
Finished it at 36h. DS2 took me about same.
>>
>>334494970
Dark Souls Prepare to Die Ed includes the DLC so you can take off 10-15 hrs for that
>>
>>334494970
Took my time exploring, and co-oping and I'm at 36 hours, only just finished Irithyll Dungeon. If you beeline for the ending no Souls game is longer than 30. Could be short for people since co-op is much more prevalent and easy to do this time around, and the game is such a breeze with co-op it's not even funny.
>>
>>334494970
First play throughs:

DaS: 27 hours ish
DaS II: 25 hours ish
SoTFS: 35 Hours
BB: 30 hours ish
DaS: 26 hours

This is taking my time and exploring each area. I fucked up NPC quests and missed items too. Stop being a sperg OP.

I'd gladly play 20 hours DaS III over multiple times with different builds. There is 3-4 endings I think with DaS III as well. :^) So even if you only take 15 hours and fly through that is still a good 45 hours of game play.
>>
>>334494970
Dark Souls II had more shit but it was all, well, shit.

The DLC bosses kind of made up for it.
>>
>>334496601
>Namco DLC

If Namco did it I'm surprised because the DLCs aren't bad. I don't know why you're assmad about this.

10-20$ for another 6-10 hours of game play is kinda nice in that regards.
>>
Holy shit DaS1 took me like 70 hours. Where did I go so wrong?
>>
>tfw your autism keeps you from rushing trough games
>always read item descriptions
>have to explore every possible corner
>kill every enemy at least once
>never skip dialogue

40 hours into DaS III now still not done, just beat Ornstein clone and it's not like I've been stuck at any boss for a very long time either.
>>
I currently 45 hours in and I only just beat Sully.
I have been pvping, cooping and clearing areas though in my defense.

DaS1 took me 50 hours to beat.
DaS2 took me 80 hours to beat.
>>
File: phone.jpg (139 KB, 1366x726) Image search: [Google]
phone.jpg
139 KB, 1366x726
isn't the one thing that you keep coming back to souls for is PvP and co-op the thing that runs up hours more than the story ever could. sure it might take you that long the first playthough but /v/ doesn't show hundreds of hours played for the story. its from different builds helping people and wrecking scrubs in pvp
>>
I have 20+ hours in DS3 so far and I am only at The Road of Sacrifice.

Been exploring, messing around and doing PvP.
I will spend at least 50hrs before completing it.
>>
>prepare to die edition is a real thing

god damn i thought that was a meme fuck this cancer bullshit
>>
>>334494970
>dark souls not called Dark Souls I

i don't know anon it's a real fucking disgrace
>>
>>334496979
Except every DLC by Namco on a souls game has always been shit. Dark Abyss and Old Hunters were bith by Miyazaki and easily lasted for 10 hours. DaS2 DLC was fucking shit and I want the meme of them ever being good to die.
>>
>>334497067
^This desu

I think I have a method where I co-op at least 5 times on each boss and will invade at least twice in each new area.

This alone gives me some gameplay.
>>
File: 1440415538751.png (99 KB, 344x356) Image search: [Google]
1440415538751.png
99 KB, 344x356
>mfw my first play through of DS1 I had 38 hours clocked in when I first met the giant black smith
>mfw I didn't even play online
>>
>>334494970
My first time with ds1 I took about probably 70+ hours. After that I was able to beat the game in 5-6 without really trying.

Once you get the formula down a bit it's a lot easier so of course you'll spend less time playing 2 and 3.
>>
>>334494970
>have played 20 hours
>just beat the old demon king

Faggots run through these games too quickly i swear to god. enjoy it you cucks.
>>
>>334496562
Guess I'm a retard then, where can I apply for retard money?
>>
>>334497149
>DaS2 DLC was fucking shit
They actually were good though anon. Their level design was very close to the DaS level design.

SotFS actually improved the game too by making items more accessable (i.e. the dull amber is pretty early in the game now compared to late game).

The DLC have better and more memorable bosses than the base game it self.

>If I don't like it, it's a meme
I want this meme to stop.
>>
>>334497149
>Miyazaki makes DLC that last 10 hours
>10/10!!! From can do nothing wrong! based miyazaki xddd!!
>Namco makes DLC that last 10 hours as well, while it might not be close to the quality it's still 10 hours or more for each one
>Wow shit DLC, shit game, time to parrot /v/ some more and not post why it's shit!
>>
>Get hyped for DaS 2
>Buy it
>Play it all week
> Love it, 10/10, just as good as DaS
> Play DaS again
> Wow this is actually way better
> Go back and Play DaS 2
> What went wrong .jpg

I'm scared to buy into this DaS 3 hype... Is it worth it?
>>
>>334497149
ds2 mediocre. ds2 dlc was actually pretty good and made ds2 worth playing more than a couple times.

Now the rework is an abortion and should have never happened.
>>
>>334494970
People who beat the game closer to release are much more likely to have rushed through the game, it's always like that, especially ones who only beat the main story.
Compare the hltb page for Resident Evil Revelations 2 on the 24th of March last year (a week after the release of episode 4): http://archive.is/1prmM
to the current page: http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=21258 .
This difference becomes even bigger the longer the game is.
>>
>>334497950
Compared to every other modern game I really don't think you could go wrong with dark souls ever.
>>
>>334497950
Wait for it to go on sale. It's on Dark Souls 3, it's Bloodbourne 2 with a Dark Souls coat of paint. The online stuff is only half-functional and very buggy, and the single player can wait. It's nothing revolutionary.

I'd give the first game an 8/10, the second a 4/10, and 3 a 6.5/10.
>>
>>334498110
>Now the rework is an abortion

>Better item placements
>Better enemy placements
>Enemy placements make sense lore wise
>Better final boss
>DLC ties in better with the game
>Those pursuer fights popping up in almost each zone
>English translations on items fixed
>Easier to twink despite SM still being a fucking ass
>optimized for consoles

Nah it was an over all improvement, but yeah the DLC alone redeemed it in the first place.
>>
>>334498301
This game is infinitely better than either of the first two. Take your head out of your ass.
>>
>>334494970

Dark Souls 3 feels rushed as fuck. Almost everything after Dancer is reused content. Enemies you've seen before (only stronger) and an entire area that looks like one you've been to before.

Balance is hilariously bad too, lots of stuff either flat out useless (sorceries, miracles, most weapons that aren't straight swords, armor), or totally broken (straight swords).

Enemy variety is the worst of all the Souls games. Almost everything is a slightly larger human with [insert weapon here].

It just seems like there is less of everything in the game. Less enemies, less bosses and less weapons, armor, spells and so on.

The areas in the game are almost all tiny and nothing but passages with little to no real exploration needed. I think there is like 2-3 open areas in the game.

Honestly, outside of one or two boss fights, it's the weakest of all the Souls games.
>>
>>334498213
>Compared to every other modern game
>It's ok to eat shit guys look at all the other shits around shit is totally hot right now!
why would you do that?
>>
>>334494970
casuals complained about DS2 so everything was causalized in DS3
>>
>>334496562
>Unless if youre a brain dead retard eating paint chips, itll only take around 25 hrs on a blind run

No chance. I'm 19 hours in and in the sewers, and that's with looking things up.
>>
>>334498301
Nigga, this is on par with the first one. The dust hasn't settled either. I might end up giving DaS the win because the memorable NPCs, but DaS III just came out and I'm pretty attached to each NPC.

If anything DaS gets the win because "muh open world" which even when DaS III isn't really open world it follows the same idea that in most places you look at you most likely will be there.

>Beat vordt
>look down at all that land
>that comfy feel when you walk in each of those locations you see from above

>down in farron keep and look up
>see the bridge I landed on

>some how get to Ithryll
>after traversing the catacombs think I'm behind mountain ranges
>look up and see parts of the cathedral of deep, undead settlement, and Farron Keep
>>
>>334494970
Because idiots all over decided that the graphics make the game not the gameplay. So long quality gameplay and welcome mediocrity
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.