[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is this so fucking bad? Why does it look like a PS2 game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: download (2).jpg (12 KB, 274x144) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
12 KB, 274x144
How is this so fucking bad? Why does it look like a PS2 game? How did the same person who made the modern Ninja Gaidens make this? Why is the voicework so amateurish? Why is the enemy AI practically non existant?

Why do I kind of like it?
>>
>>334487081
>tfw no Ninja Gaiden successor ever
You had ONE JOB, Itagaki.
>>
File: Devil's Third final boss.png (466 KB, 629x554) Image search: [Google]
Devil's Third final boss.png
466 KB, 629x554
>>334487152
>You want talented developers to make the same kind of game over and over again.

You like it because it's a good game, OP. This may be a bit of an alien concept to you, since shit like Destiny and Watch Dogs are considered to be 'successful' new IPs, but Devil's Third is actually fun to play.
>>
>>334487081
> Why do I kind of like it?

Me too, half the game was bad and the other half was ok. If Itagaki starts a new project that's more NInja Gaiden-like with the help of Nintendo on the NX I'm sure it'll be great.
>>
>>334487386
>>You want talented developers to make the same kind of game over and over again.
I want devs to make good vidya.
>>
>>334487081
>Why do I kind of like it?
Because you're a starving nintendrone with nothing more to play in your dead as fuck console.
>>
>>334487603
So what's the problem here? DT is great, as anyone who actually plays it can tell you.

Unless you're one of those faggots who think watching a MatthewMatosis video is a good substitute for actually playing the game.
>>
>>334487081
You have shit taste in games and think a half baked piece of shit like this is actually good.
>>
>>334487982
>So what's the problem here? DT is great, as anyone who actually plays it can tell you.
No, it's a piece of shit and no one can tell me otherwise.
>>
It changed engines 3 times.
Meaning that it was remade over and over again.
So it got bought up and rushed out as a finished product when it needed more time.
Being in development hell isn't good for games.
>>
>>334487982
It's a below average tps mixed with melee combat slightly better than most tps, but below most action games. With some shitty bosses sprinkled on top
>>
>>334487081
>How is this so fucking bad?
I really don't get the hate. I think a lot of journos decided they didn't like it before they even played it.

A few of the common complaints
>It's glitchy
It's LESS glitchy than every game Ubisoft puts out
>It looks awful
It looks like a 360 game, which is on par with the WiiUs architecture
>The characters are silly
They're supposed to be
>It's violent
It's an Itagaki game
>It's hard
It's an Itagaki game
>It has framerate problems
It has LESS framerate problems than most games released these days, post patch it never drops below 40fps
>It has pay2win multiplayer
Granted, although I don't recall MGSV getting called on this shit

Basically, journos told you what to think
>>
I still really want to try it but why is it still $60? The price hasn't dropped at all
>>
>>334489807
>>334488758
>>334487982
>>334488434

Basically, it's a solid 7/10, as opposed to the 3/10 the media painted it as
>>
>>334489807
No I ignored most reviews and while I am kind of enjoying it it is a legitimately bad game.
>>
>>334487081
Because the game is fun.
>>
>>334489864
not really. It fails to hit that deadly premonitions point of bad in a good and fun way, instead it is just bad in a very boring way. The only reason anyone would praise it is if they hadn't played a modern shooter in forever

>>334489902
no it is a 4/10, and most of that comes from it functioning
>>
>>334489987

What are some other legitimately bad games in your eyes? I'm just wanting to see what your ballpark figure for a bad game is.
>>
>>334489902
I'd give it a 5.5 and that is being extremely generous.
>>
I've finished Devil Third and I liked it's gameplay.

Can anyone recommend me an other game that mix 3rd person shooter with hack&slash?
>>
>>334490517
shadow warrior is first person but mixes the two elements much better, and the sequel looks like it will do all the climbing shit in dt better as well
>>
>>334490517
Transformers Devastation
>>
>>334490183
Other game that is comparably bad as it is Bullet Witch though it isn't THAT bad. Like I said I am kind of enjoying it unlike Bullet Witch which is one of the worst games ever made.
Also Drakengard.
Basically any Cavia game that isn't Nier which gameplay wise was at least decent.
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
Alfred Chicken for PS1
Croc 2
Crash of the Titans
Kung fu Rabbit
Hardware Rivals
Resident Evil 6
Uncharted 1
Thief 4
Resistance Burning Skies
The Last Tinker
Anarchy Reigns
Sorcery Saga
Anarchy Rush Hour
Murdered Soul Suspect
Ratchet and Clank All 4 One

All I can think of right now that I consider awful games.
>>
>>334487081
I kinda liked playing online deathmatches on PC
>>
File: 1397446208636.png (154 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
1397446208636.png
154 KB, 2048x2048
Wasn't this supposed to be on PC? What happened?
>>
>>334491550
Its on PC, but only in Japan and Russia
>>
>>334491224
Oh wait I've got some more
Sonic and the Secret Rings
Amy
Magus
Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter HD
Primal Carnage: Extinction
>>
>>334491673
Fucking why?

I wanted to play it.
>>
>>334491673
Wait a minute it was supposed to come out in the West, wasn't it?

Is it Cross Play?
>>
>>334489807
The game runs at 30 fps, when did Devil's Third get a patch?
>>
>>334492736
>Is it Cross Play?
Nope
>>
>>334491845
That's the beta, it'll be getting an international release soon apparently
>>
I liked this game alot.
>>
The latest "meme" punching bag to prove "gamers" have "standards".

Resident Evil 6 all over again.
>>
>>334494019
But they are both legitimately terrible games, anon. There's a reason why people hate them.
>>
>>334490517
those old star wars game are pretty good
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.