[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Playing dark souls 3 >Invading another world with two
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 11
File: dark-souls-3-1-1.jpg (4 MB, 2768x1557) Image search: [Google]
dark-souls-3-1-1.jpg
4 MB, 2768x1557
>Playing dark souls 3
>Invading another world with two phantoms apart from host. One gold, one blue.
>Kill gold
>Kill blue
>Almost kill host
>CONNECTION LOST
>This happened 5 times already
I thought it was an actual connection problem at first. But this is literally just the host got scared of losing ember and pressed ALT+F4.
Fuck this cancer. I guess this is only happening to PC version.
Console players are really lucky.
Fuck. I'm mad.
>>
>>334478626
console players can just home menu + quit game or plug the internet cable etc.

Also who cares, killing a blue is worth killing two hosts anyway.
>>
>Literally raping another player's world and expecting them to stick around.
Stop, just stop! I literally can't stop shaking right now.
>>
>>334478626
They should really disable Alt+F4, like in CS:GO.
>>
Feel proud, you made autists rage at the thought of losing practically nothing. And the penalties for leaving aren't good either.
>>
>>334478893
There's a penalty for leaving?
>>
Fuck people like OP.
I can't even summon anything in this game. Whenever I touch the signs, it goes "Unable to summon phantom".
Is this just me or every PCfag faces the same problem?
>>
>>334479276

I think the game just shows old summon signs for some reason

You probably aren't unable to summon, it's just FROM netcode in action
>>
>>334479398
Well fuck. This is probably it.
>>
FROM are fucking up the servers right now.

DS1 doesn't even have working online now. At all.
>>
>>334478779
Their faults for playing mages.
Mages without any shields are literally the worst PVP classes.
>>
File: 1434309264276.png (60 KB, 306x343) Image search: [Google]
1434309264276.png
60 KB, 306x343
>>334478626
>invader cuck near me
>leave my game
go play a real pvp game you fucking loser
>>
>>334478626
PS4 here, I've only had people plug pull right at the beginning of an invasion, two times so far out of ~100 invasions. Or maybe a guy did when I killed his phantom but I honestly don't remember
>>
File: 1439391656370.png (54 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1439391656370.png
54 KB, 413x395
>>334478626
>dress as patches
>be summoned
>drop prism stones leading to hole
>point at hole
>they jump in and die
>returning to your world...
>repeat
>>
>>334479826
Why don't you just play the game in offline mode then?
>>
>>334479967
How many times did this work?
There are people seriously don't know about prism stone?
>>
>>334478626
Here is how we fix PvP;

If the host dies, invaders wins, leaves, and the host respawns on the spot he died with his health back but not his estus or any items he used.

Now players dont have to fear PvP. Its a fun distraction to enjoy, there is a risk/reward element in using items/estus, and invaders wont get infinite alt f4 hosts. If the host wins he just carries on his way with more souls and the invader has to go collect his lost souls (and so risks losing it for good if he died again)
>>
>>334478626
I have similar stories. but 9/10 invasions go as follows
>invade
>host has one phantom already
>summons a second immediately
>try to initiate 1v1 with the phantoms first for fun at least
>they always gank. always.
>repeat summoning while other dude keeps me at bay

and i swear every one is using a guide for the game, too many of the fuckers too well kitted out to be by chance.

ok, another note- best PVP build? Weapon? Tactics? Location?
>>
>>334480098
i'm telling you bruv, there's loot down there
what are you, a cleric?
>>
>>334480262
Go to the pontiff bonfire and out to the courtyard

Its the designated PvP zone. 90% of people dont heal and no one disconnects.

Might even get lucky and land in on a host summoning as many invaders as he can so you can watch others fight 1v1 and have an arena like knockout matches.
>>
>>334480245
PVP already rewards the host and phantoms with estus refills.
>>
Well, every time I kill a host who is struggling with difficult enemies, I feel really bad.
But still, I have to farm for that medal.
Sorry bro.
>>
>>334480480
good to know, but i prefer invading fresh faggots more and mucking about with their games.
>>
>>334480510
Not if they lose, although that isnt what im suggesting. People fear losing progress so they quit. Remove that fear and people will PvP more.
>>
I've just spent the last hour invading Tower of Latria 2.0.
Out of about 20 invasions only 2 were people playing alone. The others played with 1-2 phantoms.
Now I don't complain about ganksquads or anything because you have those op mobs on your side, it's just baffling to me how many people don't play it solo. Why spoil all the fun by having 3 people bum rush everything on the level?
Those people probably later complain that the game was shit.
>>
>>334480245
The main reason for invasions in their present form are to provide some sort of risk to summoning phantoms to guide you through the level. What you're suggesting would ruin the entire point of the mechanic. From shouldn't have to fix invasions because people shut their console off during one.

If anything, the invader should have some sort of reward if the other player disconnects and the other player ought to be punished. There's a similar precedent in fighting games. If said player continuously disconnects they ought to lose their online priveliges for a certain period of time, or be placed in a separate user pool.
>>
>>334480738
>Why spoil all the fun by having 3 people bum rush everything on the level?
Your fun =/= their fun
>>
>>334480791
>The main reason for invasions in their present form are to provide some sort of risk to summoning phantoms to guide you through the level.
Not only is that not true, not a single souls game has ever successfully achieved this anyway. Making it a total waste of everyones time.
>>
>>334480738
Invasions prioritize people with summons. We should start finding more solo players once all the co-opers leave the game in a month.
>>
>>334480652
>People fear losing progress so they quit
What progress?
Bonfires are plentiful, and farming for souls is piss easy, like any Souls game.
If you got to a specific location once, then you can get there again.
>>
>>334478626
Disconnecting during an invasion can result in you being blacklisted from the multiplayer server, that's what the white circlet is for, it's a one time "I'm sorry please let me back on multiplayer" item. Don't expect this disconnecting crap to last long.
>>
>>334481046
This might be hard to believe but people suck at souls and making progress is hard for them.

People quit because they dont want to risk losing souls. If you want to fix it you simply have to remove that fear.

Alternatively keep it as it is, but dont bitch when people quit.
>>
>>334480262
Heavy infused Dark Sword with decent str does huge damage if you want to go full tryhards, it gets A scaling but is as fast as a longsword. Estoc with Leo ring is also pretty damn good for poking people to death. Use the Knight Slayer ring to easily bust open shields for a critical, this works amazingly on phantoms who are turtling. My favorite areas for invading are the crucifixion woods, Farrons Keep, and I just beat irythyll so I've been doing some there and doing well. All three give you a lot of environmental tools to balance against host advantages and summons.

My strategy is to focus on the host and make him waste estus, then turn and quickly wreck the summon. They usually have low HP and are generally shit players. I still haven't figured out how to best 3v1s against experienced players spamming r1 katanas and longswords but I'm starting to practice parrying in PvP with the target shield.
>>
>>334480956
>>334480956
There's a reason that the more phantoms a host has the higher priority they are on the chopping block for invasions.

Also, From doesn't exactly have a perfect track record on balancing mechanics in their games. Remember Soul Memory, or have you already forgotten?
>>
>>334480830
>dark souls is fun when you just gangbang every level until you beat it

people who don't do at least their first run solo are fucking garbage
>>
>>334481204
>People quit because they dont want to risk losing souls
Like I said, farming souls is piss easy, even if you're shit at the game.
>>
>>334481232
vs katana faggots just use a halberd. in general, poking people with it's range is great.
>>
File: image.jpg (138 KB, 1024x781) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138 KB, 1024x781
>>334480652
>>334480830
>>334481204
>>334480956

Disconnecting scrubby phantom summoning faggots confirmed
>>
>>334481372
And? It doesnt matter if there is a 'i win' button for souls. People dont like losing souls or progress so they quit.

Im just telling you what people already say as to why they leave.
>>
>>334480738
The people playing solo will be playing offline. There's little reason to play online unless you intend to summon, be summoned, or invade. All covenant items are grindable from enemies, I believe.
>>
>>334481339
Doesnt change the fact that your fun =/= their fun

>>334481651
Not only have i never summoned, iv also never disconnected.

Im just pointing out the obvious.
>>
>>334481668
I know it's a meme but those players should just get good.
Or change their mindset on what really matters in the game.
It's not souls.
>>
>>334481782
>eat this tomato
>i dont like tomatos
>holy shit git fucking gud scrub
Youre like a food analogy
>>
>>334481750
no but it makes the game shit and their level of enjoyment won't be anywhere close to as high. these are the same scrubs that'll later say the game was 2easy or shitty
>>
File: 1425933100255.gif (3 MB, 262x369) Image search: [Google]
1425933100255.gif
3 MB, 262x369
>invader faggot drops in
>turn on trainer
>>
>>334481969
Your fun =/= their fun
>>
>>334482112
some things are objectively more fun than others. a mentally handicapped dwarf might love the shit out of watching paint dry but most people need something more engaging
>>
>>334482206
>some things are objectively more fun than others
False

Your fun =/= their fun
>>
>>334481691

I'm doing my first run solo, and I went in completely blind.

Summoned a phantom from a purple sign at the first castle bonfire. Instantly regretted my poor decision, lol. The dark spirit even bowed as I died, guess he was just glad to have a 1v1 with no healing.

I welcome invasions...as long as they're not huge pricks about it. Can't wait till I get a good heavy STR build going...
>>
>>334482347
>false
>no argument
your post was bad and you should feel bad
>>
question:
i sent greirat on his second hunt before meeting patches, which results in me not being able to buy siegwards armor. is there a way to save greirat without killing patches?
>>
>>334481475
I need to pull out my Lucerne again
>>
>>334478626
I can promise you it happens on PS4 also. PSButton>options>X>X. Yep.
>>
What's the consensus to turning on hacks for a second playthrough, solely designed for pvp? Like if I've experienced all the game has to offer on my first blind 'serious' run am I reprehensible for using cheats to quickly get a build the gear items levels and areas I intend for it?
>>
>>334482417
I cant have an argument if you have no basis for anything you say

Tastes are subjective, what you enjoy is not what others enjoy, baseless claims that 'but they will hate how they play!' is pointless.

Im sorry the fact that others have fun different from you offends you so much but I cant change reality and neither can you.
>>
>>334482415
People will be pricks about it. I stay embered as often as I can to give invaders a chance to invade a solo player, and so far they have been total shitters that run away to heal, and still come back to die. It has reached a point where I have to intentionally fuck up and make myself seem pressured so they're less likely to run away, most people see a lower HP bar and decide to keep pushing, which makes them more predictable and desperate.
Maybe it's just the PC players, though. I don't know how bad console players can be.
>>
>>334482594
>tastes are subjective
yes, individually tastes are subjective but what you're arguing against is essentially that's never any sort of common consensus about what is or is not better. The fact is, you're wrong and while people playing DaS in this way may be enjoying it in the short term they're missing out on the game as a whole. DaS was never meant to be played as a 3 player dungeon crawler and doing so in this fashion takes away from the experience. To deny this just makes you look like an idiot.
>>
Still trying to find the fucking Channeler's Trident. It doesn't show it on the wiki, but goddamn it I know that son of a bitch is in there somewhere.
>>
>>334481952
What the fuck are you even trying to achieve with that analogy? That's terrible, and doesn't seem comparable to what the other guy is saying. I genuinely like the sound of your PvP fix, but I also think the risk to going full human/embered is that you're gonna open yourself to invasions. It's the balance to allowing you to have more HP and summon for help. Avoiding that element by just quitting because you don't like the way it works is ridiculous. If you don't want to be invaded, play offline. If you want to benefit from the online features without the risk of invasions, tough shit. Keep wasting your time quitting, people will continue to invade you.
>>
>>334481973
>Being a real faggot.
>>
>mad PvP faggots think they should be able to invade my game when I don't want them to
Fucking lmao of course I'm going to altF4. Just like I pulled my Ethernet back on consoles when I didn't want to be invaded but wanted to see messages. Kill yourselves.
>>
Where to farm titanite shards (normal one, just for +1 +2 +3 weapons).
>>
>>334484331
You know you can turn off online play in the settings?
>>
>>334484579
enemies on the Wall have a chance to drop them.
Also getting through to the Watchdogs of Farron will get you some ashes that let the shrinemaid sell them
>>
>>334484724
but then he won't have the benefits of online play without the risks of it
>>
File: 1429360942761.jpg (18 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1429360942761.jpg
18 KB, 800x600
Why do people even use shit like greatswords or halberds?
They are so fucking slow holy shit.
A single swing from them worth 2 swings from smaller straight swords, the damage is even worse than those 2 swings.
>>
>>334480245
Here's how we fix invasions

Git gud

Then we dont have to hear shitters like you bitching about how johnny littlefinger came in your world with a meme weapon and beat the shit out of you while he was naked.
>>
>>334480652
No the way you fix it is by banning people for doing it. That way always works.
>>
I'm going with wolf sword on right hand and brigands twindaggers on left.
Should I infuse the twindaggers with something? They have D affinity with both str and dex.
>>
>>334484724
I would have pirated the game if I wanted to do that.
>>
>>334485078
No one use Halberd in any game, ever.
It's literally the worst weapon in ANY game.
>>
>>334485410
You're going to run into problems upgrading the wolf sword to keep up with damage until later in the game, you are probably better off using a claymore or other greatsword until you have the scales, that's where I'm at. Wolf sword+2 is very outdamaged by regular weapons+5 and 6. I don't know how the daggers scale, they probably get C and then B Dex at some point, so refined will be your best bet. I just check the infusion page and do the math to see what nets the highest damage. You can always change it later
>>
File: godzirra.jpg (12 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
godzirra.jpg
12 KB, 150x150
>>334478626

I invaded like 10 times before abyss watchers and every time i either got my shit kicked in by a host and his phantom, or the phantom tried to 1v1 me while the host ran for the fog door

then i started invading at the catacombs bonfire. literally all you have to do is bait them onto the part where the bone boulder is and it becomes an even fight. I invaded a host who had one white phantom and two sunbros (I didn't even know you could have three) and all I had to do was walk up the stairs with the boulder and they just sent one after the other to 1v1 me. After two phantoms were dead, they rushed me and I just r1 spammed the host in the hallway until the boulder came and finished him off

10/10 invasion spot, would recommend
>>
>>334486102
noted.
Thx fampai.
Btw is there any way to obtain both boss weapons in the same playthrough? Trading or so.
>>
>>334484906
Those ashes in the giant enemy crab woods or I can't belive it's not blighttown?
>>
File: 1450848997659.jpg (31 KB, 495x595) Image search: [Google]
1450848997659.jpg
31 KB, 495x595
>>334485819
>having an opinion this wrong
>>
>>334487087
they're near the watchdogs covenant area, so I'm guessing the poison swamp
>>
File: cover.jpg (423 KB, 958x958) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
423 KB, 958x958
>>334487689
Thank you frendo
>>
>>334487196
What's so wrong about it? At least halberd in this game is fucking shit.
>>
>>334481973
Can I get more circles of way of white with the trainer? Game crashes made me had to use the only one I had.
>>
>>334488092
I don't if we're playing the same game, because I've been alternating from the Halberd and the Lucerne and am loving it.
>>
>>334480262
>Honorbutts getting beat the fuck out

Only took 3 games for the community that bowing shit is a waste of time.
>>
>Invaded
>banish my phantom, prepair for honorabu deur
>He tries to bait me into the enemies

C'mon man
>>
>>334486615
Maybe? I'm sure there are some surprises in NG+ so they might have done the boss weapons to incentivize people playing that
>>
I disconnected a few times, nothing really changed. Only did it in one area right before anor londo, people need to realize its fucking annoying getting invaded by 3 people the moment you step into the area.
>>
>>334489181
This, I would be more inclined to fight an invader if 90% of them didn't hide behind enemies that can basically 2 shot me.

Late game is literally 3-4 hit enemies that all do ridiculous damage.
>>
>>334489181
You're one of the good hosts senpai, I always try to play honorabu for you guys. Unfortunately, with the amount of 3 or 4v1s I encounter I always stick near the enemies so I don't get immediately r1'd to death.
>>
>>334488387
I'm so glad Lucerne isn't shit like in ds2
>>
>>334479182

You get straight dicked if you repeatedly quit out now, anon.

>Can't ever summon or invade with that character ever again

It's why Way of the White exists, so you can attempt reconnections.
>>
File: ganksquad.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
ganksquad.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>Tfw gank squading with friends
>>
>>334490415
Ive DC'd close to 30 times, none of that happened to me.
>>
>>334490420
This is so gay.
>>
File: 1443693481419.jpg (114 KB, 456x386) Image search: [Google]
1443693481419.jpg
114 KB, 456x386
>>334478781
You can still plug the ethernet/disable wireless
>>
>>334480606
Then don't be surprised when they summon
>>
Should I up vigor to get better HP or up other attributes to equip better armor/leggins/etc?
>>
>>334493010
Both
>>
>>334489181
I have just invaded someone like you. Honestly you guys are cool.
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.