[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hyper Light Drifter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
File: HLD_Screenshot_01_rise_1080.png (137 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
HLD_Screenshot_01_rise_1080.png
137 KB, 1920x1080
So, Hyper Light Drifter got a new patch today:

-Added frames of invincibility to dash
-Warp pads now refill health kits
-Achievements for Dash challenge + Soccer
for KB+M: can now choose option for KB direction dash
-Sped up heal several frames
-Adjusted various room scenery/hitches across the world
-Fixed Alt Drifter dash catch
-Fixed a credits crash
-Can now go to full credits again after you beat the game through “credits” menu option

Still no Co-op mode, still locked at 30 FPS, still no story.

What did /v/ think of this game? Is this patch too little too late?
>>
What's the matter? Do you people only care for DS3?
>>
>>334477609
It lacks polish, lasting appeal, replayability, fun, and is generally a bad game. It's flavor of the week at it's finest.
>>
I got it yesterday and I'm enjoying it. I think it's a beautiful game and I really like exploring every little nook and cranny everywhere. I like the bosses too, they're tough but fun. Fuck those rooms that spawn a million mooks at you though those are bullshit.
I think the way the story is presented only through pictures is an interesting idea and the minimalism of it reminds me of SotC.
>>
>>334478908
And then there's this faggot but atleast he's having fun.
>>
>>334478961
>>334477859
Quit trying so hard to fit in, tard
>>
>>334477037
I don't think I like the warp pad health kits all that much.
I liked having to hunt down health kits
>>
maybe I will replay it with new patch, somewhat milestone game, like undertale or portal
>>
i dont give a fuck its boring as shit
>>
>>334479029
>>334479143
Contrarian as fuck
>>
>>334479029

dev pls go and don't come back until you learn not to put your eva fanart into video games
>>
>warp pads not refill health kits
>God frames on dash
HOLY SHIT CASUAL AS FUCK
>>
>>334479615
He has to compensate for 30fps somehow
>>
>>334479143
>Milestone game
in what way
>>
>>334479658
>implying the game is hard because 30 fps
Wow you're casual
>>
>>334478908

Until you realized that there is no plot. Only two loose scenes (beginning/end) that are vaguely connected, but only god and the developers know what the story is.

There is even a subreddit where they translated all the monoliths, which adds somewhat to the backstory, but still not enough to actually care about what you are doing, to know who or what you are, what happened to the titans, how they came into being, why you did or did not fight them in the past (nobody knows). YOU KNOW NOTHING AT THE END.
>>
File: ss.jpg (83 KB, 844x476) Image search: [Google]
ss.jpg
83 KB, 844x476
>>334479804
>>334479804
While the game isn't very hard, a lot of it's difficulty is mainly attributed to the FPS.
>>
File: 1426384386296.jpg (339 KB, 1505x2100) Image search: [Google]
1426384386296.jpg
339 KB, 1505x2100
>>334477037
People who crowdfund and don't fulfill promises made in the pitch should be punished by the market. If you buy HLD you're enabling further devolution of video games.
>>
I honestly thought it was amazing. It was a little too easy for me so I'm sad to see them patch it to be even easier, but whatever. Otherwise I really enjoyed the combat, environments, and atmosphere. I just wish I knew what the fuck was going on. Even so, the vagueness of the story probably makes me like it more. I bet it would be less interesting if things were spelled out.
>>
I'm an idiot backer and I'm so disappointed about 30fps, mouse feels so bad.
>>
>>334477037
>-Added frames of invincibility to dash
Why, why why? What the fuck. What are they trying to accomplish with this?

It was bold! It was great! Why are they pandering to casuals now?
>>
>>334479716
for instance, no text in human language, no dialogue, no cutscenenes, this all combined is pretty innovative
>>
>>334477037
>Shilling this hard

Why don't you just say it's you, dev-san? Weren't you dying anyways?
>>
>>334479905
>>334478961
>Stop liking what I like
>>
>>334480080
>It was bold!

fucking mangina
>>
>>334479905
That's what I was afraid of, I was really hoping there was a coherent story hidden somewhere in there like in SotC. What a shame.
>>
>>334480080

because everyone that's non-casual has already beaten the game and moved on
>>
I dropped it when I found out dash was tied to mouse direction.

I might pick it back up now.
>>
>>334480227
You really should be playing it with a gamepad anyway.
>>
>>334480227
Use a controller, fart knocker.
>>
>>334477037

I don't understand why they bound the direction of the dash to the mouse instead of binding it to the direction you're walking in. It would have solved so many problems in terms of combat and general exploration.
>>
>>334479984
Paid 80$ for HLD in KS, and don't give a fuck. Stay mad.
>>
File: 1455608200125.jpg (5 KB, 186x208) Image search: [Google]
1455608200125.jpg
5 KB, 186x208
>>334477037
What kind of shitty developers ties the gameplay to the framerate?
>>
>>334480172
Literally neither of those posts said that at all.

It's simply a bad game, but you can have fun if you like, nobody's stopping you from doing that. People have fun with bad stuff all the time. It's called indulging in unhealthy pleasures.
>>
>>334480338
Stop replying to the shill.

Just sage, don't bump it. Retard
>>
>>334480309
>80 bucks for a pixelshit indie

okay, I'm seething.
>>
>>334479029
He's not wrong though.
>>
>>334480309
Why would I be mad that YOU gave money? I didn't give anything, just my time. You emptied your pockets and your time. How would anyone who has any opinion closer to "mad" be anyone but you?
>>
Did anyone else think based on the promo pic in OP that they would be fighting the titans, at least one of them, during the course of the game?

Boy, was I disappointed.
>>
>>334480761
I was disappointed that I did not confront rusalki in axiom verge, that game could be so much more
>>
>>334480568
Because your beloved industry is ""going to shit"".

There's probably still going to be tons of similar indie pixel art games like HLD in the future, and I for one am alright with that.
>>
>>334480301
I think it's a balancing thing with the controller. Afaik the game pad controls let you dash in the direction you're moving, but you have to stop and use the sticks to shoot. With kbm you dash in the direction you're aiming but can pop off shots with guns quickly and accurately
>>
>>334477037
>What did /v/ think of this game?
Many people do not like it on the basis that the developer has shown an attitude/beliefs which they dislike, therefore they are not willing to play the game and support the developer.
>>
WARNING
>WARNING
WARNING
>WARNING

Reminder that the game's credits prominently feature Zoe Quinn and Anita Sarkesian,

These SJW faggot devs do not deserve our support.
>>
>>334481987
You really don't need to give a shit about them to enjoy the game, son.
>>
>>334481303

>accurately

lolno. Try finding your grey mouse cursor against a background of explosions. It's like the devs didn't even play it.
>>
>>334482768
back to tumblr pls
>>
>>334481581
Is this a valid form of defending the game now? I played the game with no prior knowledge of whatever opinions the dev has and still found it uninteresting and clunky. Some anons responded to the clunky part being a compatibility issue with the controller and my system etc. Why should that also be a legit defense of a game when the same setup works for thousands other games and works amazingly even with emulators?

Sometimes people don't like your favorite game. Learn to cope.
>>
>>334483064
I'm not defending it, that's literally the reason that I haven't played it. I don't like giving money to people I dislike.
>>
>>334483162
Pirating is a thing anon.
>>
>>334483218

>condoning stealing
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.