[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I apoligize to Dark Souls fans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: Dark Souls 3.jpg (358 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls 3.jpg
358 KB, 1920x1080
Yesterday I made a thread complaining about the game, the controls, the user itnerface, the camera etc. It was my first Dark Souls game and the first game in 12 years to piss me off and make me angry.

After spending 12 hours trying to figure out the controls and making proper keybinds for keyboard and mouse, I finally made a configuration that allows me to play the game properly. Oh, also, when I found out how you can lock on targets and switch between them and reset the lock etc. my character became much more controllable. I also got used to the user interface and how to navigate it.

The game is much better than I thought, I apoligize for trash talking it. Telling me to "git gud" was actually true, I thought it was some stupid meme.
>>
>>334476737

finally, someone who got gud
>>
>>334476737
its like dsp if he actually listened to why he is retarded lmao

thats not a compliment btw
>>
File: 1460607892747.png (17 KB, 247x239) Image search: [Google]
1460607892747.png
17 KB, 247x239
>>334476737
>Keyboard
>mouse

You are doing it wrong mate, use a controller and make a thread thanking me afterwards.
>>
I've been playing keyboard/mouse since I can't get my PS3 controller to work and just gonna drop it until I get a 360 pad. Shit is hard as fuck
>>
>>334476737
>apologizing to /v/
>being this dumb in the first place
>being THIS beta

what a fucking loser
>>
>>334476962

I don't have a controller and don't want to buy one. It is ok though, it is going really good now, I think I can do everything with this configuration.
>>
>>334477045

I bet you wouldn't say that to my face, but it is ok, fat virgins like you can act hard on the internet ;)
>>
>kbm
>souls

just stop
>>
File: 1446376760016.gif (927 KB, 250x230) Image search: [Google]
1446376760016.gif
927 KB, 250x230
>>334477160
Jokes on you I am a virgin of average weight
>>
>>334476985
https://github.com/nefarius/ScpToolkit

Choose the option to force driver install when it comes up. It becomes 100% plug and play after that.
>>
>>334476737
This is why anyone will recommend you use a controller for these games, the stock K&M controls are fucking aids. Glad you're now enjoying the game OP.
>>
>>334476737
>After spending 12 hours trying to figure out the controls and making proper keybinds for keyboard and mouse
>keyboard and mouse
No wonder you hated it, KB+M control are terrible compared to a controller
>>
File: 1364557266571.jpg (117 KB, 645x667) Image search: [Google]
1364557266571.jpg
117 KB, 645x667
>>334476737
>not using a controller
>>
Git Gud isn't just a meme. It applies to everything. So much of the world would've been better if people just stopped bitching and got gud. I'm glad you pulled through OP. The game is a lot of fun.
>>
>>334476737
If I bought a PS4 I could actually play Dark Souls 3 without the shitty framerate. I could play Bloodborne too. But no, fell for the PC masterrace meme and now I (literally) paid the price.
>>
>>334477160
You're literally acting hard on the internet
I'd say it to your face but this situation would never happen in real life
>>
>apologizing and blogging about it instead of playing and having fun with it

you sound reddity and have a wife's son
>>
It's okay OP, we forgive you. Everytime one of these games comes out we get nerds like you who cry about not being gud. Now get back out there and git gudder.
>>
>>334477105
As a guy who plays PC games a lot, I can tell you that I don't regret buying a controller. For one, it makes emulation viable because trying to map analog controls to a keyboard is extremely inconvenient, and there are a lot of great games I'd miss out on without emulation. Second, and maybe this is just me, but I use a keyboard for a lot of things but a controller is solely for gaming, so a controller really puts you in the mood. Finally, some PC games are just better to play with a controller, like Mercenary Kings, Gurumin, and Axiom Verge.

For everyone else: I've logged 110+ hours into Dark Souls 1 and other than remapping the Steam overlay shortcut (because Shift, which is the shield/left weapon button, plus Tab, which is the parry button, brings up the Steam overlay) what is obviously dogshit about the PC controls? Not being accusatory, just curious, because I've played some PC games with really crap controls (System Shock)
>>
>>334476962

>yeah just gimp yourself man, who cares about free camera usage, lock on aimbot is for pros!

fuck off
>>
>>334476737
Cool thread.
>>
>>334476962
kb+m is literally better in every situation once you get the hang of it

controller is fine though, and comfy
>>
>>334477403

you know you can rebind them freely on keyboard you stupid shit?

>mouse 1 right hand normal attack
>mouse 2 right hand strong attack
>scroll wheel for targeting
>scroll up to change magic
>scroll down to change item
>WASD movement
>ESC for menu
>E item usage
>Q interact
>Shift Left hand normal attack(shield block)
>Tab left hand strong attack(parry)
>C switch left handed weapon
>V switch right handed weapon

WOAH fucking done it for you in 5 minutes, if you have played ANY shooter ever you can finish the whole game without having to ever lock on and dead angle people in multiplayer without effort, you are fucking welcome scrub.
>>
>>334477378
I've done that but it still just wouldn't sync up for me. I've used ds3 too and it works for everything but dark souls
>>
Glad you're enjoying the game, op.
>>
>playing dark souls with a keyboard and mouse
How to instantly spot someone who is retarded.
>>
>>334476962
I'm using keyboard and mouse. Far superior control system IMHO, super precise camera movement etc. Got to say though that Ive played all Souls games so for new people it probably is going to be easier to play with a gamepad.

And I do have a controller as well BTW.
>>
>>334478470
I never lock on thou mr.faggot.

But nice strawman.
>>
>>334477661
>I could actually play Dark Souls 3 without the shitty framerate
30fps is shit you fucking mong
>>
>>334476737
Now, here's something you don't see every day.
>>
>>334477105
You are the worst kind of moron. Just buy a fucking controller, you stubborn retard. They're the primary control peripheral on 90% of games for a reason.
>>
Is there a way to make this game automatically lock on to another enemies once you've killed the one you've targeted?
>>
>>334477105
Don't you have a friend who has a X360 controller? Just borrow one, even for a day. After that you'll get why you should buy one.

I bought my wired X360 for around $30, it's not that much.
>>
>>334481673
There is and I think it's actually on by default. However the next enemy has to be close for it to work. And you shouldn't just automatically lock on every time you see enemies, at times it can hurt more than it helps.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.