[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /v/, you probably get this a lot, but after quiting in wotlk,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: packshots_wow.jpg (82 KB, 350x230) Image search: [Google]
packshots_wow.jpg
82 KB, 350x230
Hey /v/, you probably get this a lot, but after quiting in wotlk, i have decided to go back.

Unfortunately i have lost my grip from wow and know nothing about it today, so i am asking you guys for guidance. The only reason i am asking for help because i am clueless in the Private Server section, i don't know what to look for.

I want to begin with Vanilla, like in good old days, but i want it to be pure blizzlike. then work my way up by expansion to expansion, after reaching the end game.

My question here is what vanilla private server do you guys recommend that are as close to classic wow as possible?

Thanks.
>>
Kronos is pretty good and some guys are working on reforming Nostalrius. Not sure what state Kronos is in atm, last time I checked it was having problems with lag due to Nostalrius refugees.
>>
>>334474770

I hear bad things about Kronos, like having shit scripting
>>
>>334474581
Nostalrius was basically 100% blizz-like. Except the population on servers was high enough that it was like prime time in every zone all the time.

Unfortunately you missed the boat before Blizz nuked it.

Sign the petition, and never buy a blizzard game again.
>>
>>334474770
I heard about Nostalrius... I was going to begin there.

Very sad.

Can you give me some info about Kronos?

Is it truly blizzlike?
>>
>>334474840
I was going to go to Nost, i signed the petition, and have not touched a Blizz game since they teamed up with Activision (wotlk), and never will.

Hence why i am looking for any other good vanilla server that might be out there.
>>
>>334474869
>>334474825
Never played it myself, but yeah I've also heard of some issues it has. Nobody as got the scripts as close to actual vanilla as Nost did. Wait to see if Nostalrius Reborn works out and look there.
>>
Hey guys, i headed over to Nost Reborn and they say the beta will be up in 5 hours!

Is it a good choice?
>>
rebump.
>>
>>334475274
Well apparently they have the scripts directly from Nost admins, so it should be very close to the original Nostalrius, but that remains to be seen.
>>
>>334474840
>before blizz nuked it
>server was going down regardless because no one was donating for server costs
Can keep blaming blizzard but shit was dead regardless.
>>
>>334474951

Kronos always had better scripting than Nost you bandwagon mongoloid. The only reason Nost got more popular was the insane shilling and hype around it plus the huge ass servers.
>>
>>334474770
we need to build a firewall
>>
>>334476431
Chill out pal, I don't know about Kronos, just what I've heard but I'll admit Nost was shilled to fuck.
>>
>>334476194
Is that why they took it down? Because it was dead?

Yeah that makes sense.

On another topic I here once overwatch fails Blizz is going to cut back on their marketting budget so you best be looking for another job.

I hear EA is hiring.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.