[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on The Division? Is it worth buying on pc? Is it anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 6
File: image-2.jpg (482 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image-2.jpg
482 KB, 1920x1080
Thoughts on The Division?

Is it worth buying on pc?

Is it anything like Destiny?
>>
On PC? No. Hacking is rampant on PC.
If you are going to get it, PS4 is your best bet.
>>
It's actually pretty shit
>>
>>334472601
>tfw no ps4

Is it unplayable with the hacking? Or just some annoyance like in GTA V where you can just switch servers?
>>
>>334472723
It basically makes the Darkzone a big gamble.
"Am I going to run into rogues with infinite health and ammo today?"

Hopefully it will be fixed.
>>
>>334472094
I got 50 hours out of leveling so I got my $1/hour quota down, but they've bumbles around with the endgame so much and they blame the players for "exploiting" the game to get the best loot when that's exactly what Diablo-likes are about. I haven't tried incursions yet so maybe there's a few more hours to play there.
>>
>>334472094
It's worth 30 bucks, no more.
>>
>>334472094
played this piece of shit for 20 hours. its a piece of a shit don't buy it
>>
I would rather buy guns for Isis than an Ubisoft game ever
>>
>>334472601
>>334472723
Pretty much.

It is a sort of game normies get together and play on their PS4s. The PC scene is full of hackers and less said about Xbox the better
>>
>>334473291
Exactly this.
If you play it expecting really deep, skill based gameplay where teamwork saves the day, you will be greatly disappointed.
If you just want to fuck around with buddies doing missions and darkzone exploring for marginally better gear, then you will probably get your moneys worth.
>>
>>334472094
I'd rather waste my time wanking.
>>
Sounds like most opinions are negative, mostly because of the hacking.

If I liked Destiny, would I probably like this? Or is it really different?

Every sign points to the game being bad and that I should avoid it at all costs, but somehow I'm still just curious how it plays.
I might just try it on steam for 2 hours and get a refund.
>>
>>334473753
Most people here have negative opinions about destiny too so desu if you liked that you probably could get your money's worth here
>>
>>334473753
There is a huge debate about which one is more boring.

Some say the divisions is more boring because it's limited by its grounded real world setting to it's weapons and enemy types

Others such as myself consider World of Halocraft more unbearably dull.

Once a third person cover and the open is the first person shooter if that makes a difference.
>>
>>334473673
>wanking
>waste of time
>>
>>334473753
It's kinda like if destiny was terrible and doesn't have any raids and none of the weapons are interesting with 3rd person and cover mechanics.

It's defs not worth the money.
>>
>>334476079
Thanks, guess I'll steer clear for now.
>>
>>334476750
Sorry man, I wanted to like it, but I was disappointed massively. Maybe if it drops massively in price at some point, but for full price now, you're wasting your money.
>>
I loved Destiny too. Well, I loved the gunplay. Seriously some of the best gunplay in a shooter this gen.
I like Division too, and wish Destiny did a lot of things Div did, but the gunplay isn't there.
Stick with Destiny.
>>
Its great, not sure why people still say its full of hackers.
Its had a few updates too which fixed some small issues.
Well worth buying anon
>>
>>334477880
What platform? Cause pc is still full of hackers.
>>
File: 88777.png (254 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
88777.png
254 KB, 500x375
>>334472094
Ehh...not on PC

Hackers EVERYWHERE, and Ubisoft doesn't perma ban hackers, they ban them for like 12-24 hours, I know people who have been hacking since day one and are still able to play, reporting does nothing.

Also the game has zero endgame, you level to max level, and grind for gear you'll never use because there's no endgame, I got my copy for free with my video card so I didn't waste any money, but yeah...I wouldn't spend 60 dollars on this shit, just look at Steam reviews.
>>
>>334477875
Agreed.
>>
>>334477680
The concept it was seen in the trailers never really was what was delivered, part of me hopes all pick up future updates but I'm not too hopeful.
>>
>>334478964
Yeah. Remember when destiny was going to be this massive awesome adventure, then we got the actual game and it was a hollow shell of it's former self?
It still hurts.
>>
>>334472094
Got about 90 hours in it.
You grind to grind to grind. You can speed up your grind by fucking over others at times but Ubisoft try to make people as passive as possible.

It's a decent timesink if you enjoy cooperation and TPS.
I'm pretty sure you'll have to get the season pass as the endgame is slim currently. I'd wait for a sale if you are going to go for it.
I want to play Dark Souls 3 but I just keep going back to Division to get that gear score.
>>
>>334479136
They did massively improved things with the taken king but, that might just be my buyers remorse but
>>
>>334472094
Its worse than Destiny.

Yeah, think about that.
>>
>>334472094
>last 30 days its lost 30% of its player base
Turns out if you make a loot game with boring loot, shit combat, and no fun people dont stick around for long.
>>
>>334479136
This.
So in a way, Destiny and The Division actually are the same.
>>
>>334478964
Supply drops and DZ changes have made it a bit more interesting but it still needs more player interaction and less fear of going rogue only to find out the other player exploited to get the best gear / the server is lagging / The guy is actually hacking.
>>
It's shit
>>
>>334479446
No you're right, TTK did improve the game massively and without Vault of Glass, I wouldn't have stuck around at all, but it's just so disappointing that we're missing so much content hearing about the leaks of how much got cut around 6months before release.

The Grimoire is so rich in content and world building, but the game is so unbelievably light on story, it seemed like they didn't even bother with it.

The worst thing is that we've had no meaningful content since TTK which was 6 months ago now and there's not really anything on the horizon.
>>
>>334479446
Selling something for forty dollars isn't fixing the base game. It's selling another game. You bought Destiny twice.
>>
>The Division
>Destiny: NY Edition

Is there any chance R6 Siege will stay alive, and hackers getting booted and so on? Been playing because of free weekend and enjoy it a lot, but if there's such a huge problem with the game I don't want to get it.
>>
>>334479545
>last 30 days its lost 30% of its player base

That's pretty normal though. Most games lose a big chunk of their playerbase after the first month since they move on to other games.
>>
What stuff do you lose if you get killed in the dark zone?

Also, what size is the map? Compared to other games or whatever.
>>
>won't ban hackers
>ban people exploiting a glitch that ultimately takes longer than actually doing the incursion

Ubisoft is bullshit.
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 250x250
>>334479678
Pretty much. I got the game I was promised more or less but I ended up having to pay $100 rather than 60.

(Actually it was a lot more seeing as I'm Australian)
>>
>>334480421

A bit of dark zone dosh, xp and the loot you're carrying, the one you have to get to extraction to actually use. And the map's decently large. Not immense but not small either.
>>
>>334480753
So you don't lose any of your actual equipment that you already had when entering the zone?
>>
>>334479678
You're right, but I think I got my money's worth. King's fall and Vault of Glass were definitely enjoyable and Trials of Osiris was fun for a while. Crota's End was pretty enjoyable overall too and the lore in the grimoire was totally awesome.

I think I'm ok with the money I spent on it. It was potentially a little expensive, but I also wasted $500 NZD on a bone for halo MCC so it's less of a waste than that.

(I won a ps4 so at least I didn't buy that nogaems machine)
>>
>>334480953
No, only equipment you found in the zone and haven't extracted yet.
>>
>>334480953

Nope. You don't lose anything on you or in your inventory, just what you looted while already there and didn't manage to extract yet..
>>
>>334473753
Well if you like Destiny it has already been established that you like shit, thus you should find Division good.
>>
>>334481085
>>334481084
Sounds 2casual5me.
>>
>>334480508
>Australian

rip
>>
>>334479887
People have been claiming Siege would die from day one but it's hanging on despite a horrible price tag and fuck all content apart from the 5v5.
Only ever had one hacker in my 100+ hours.

They've been updating a few things in patches such as spawn locations, weapon nerfs and seperate patches for console and PC as they play so differently from one another.
I expect Siege to live on until 2017.
>>
>>334472094
The other day I was in my local game store and a couple of literal 9 year old kids were asking about the Division.

I immediately dropped any thought of ever playing this game.
>>
>>334482384
It's not a DayZ clone.
I'd compare the Dark Zone with Runescape wilderness yet you have to do most of your grinding in the wilderness.
>>
>>334484142
But in the wildy you do lose all your stuff.
>>
It was literally released to no fanfare at all and everyone passed on it. It's not worth anybody's time. Mediocrity the game.
>>
>>334472094
I had fun leveling to 30(max). Go to new area, do some side missions, do a story mission which gives good weapons, repeat. You can pick upgrades at your leisure and is fun with friends. That being said, ubimassive has tried their hardest to fucl the endgame as badly as they can after launch, to the point where you are punished for NOT using exploits and bugs to get better gear since they don't punish anyone for using them
>>
>>334484213
the system is just more forgiving

Runescape
>You lose some items if you haven't attacked anyone
>You lose everything on your person if you did

Division
>You lose a percentage of the items you have looted if you haven't attacked anyone
>You lose money, keys and a percentage of your items if you did

Stealing someone's new high end weapon feels like the equivalent of getting some rune schimmys not like DayZ where you start off fresh.
>>
>>334484289
>It was literally released to no fanfare at all and everyone passed on it
It's the top selling new IP of all time. But it's already self-destructing. Everywhere you look, people are bitching about the lack of endgame and the way the devs are handling things.
>>
>>334472094
>Is it worth buying on pc
It's dead on pc.
>>
>>334484739
Did they casualize the wilderness? You used to keep a max of two or three items or something, even if you never attacked anyone.
>>
>>334473753
I've played both Destiny and The Division for hours, I'd say get it if you have some people to play it with since then it would be worth playing. Unless you don't want to deal with pc hackers, go ps4.

The gameplay gets boring after a while though and there's not too much variety in the gameplay except for the skills, and there's only 4-5 you will actually use for most of the game. Also there's no real endgame, but I haven't played the new incursion yet so idk

If you dont want to deal with the division then your better off going back to Destiny since there's the new April update with new gear, strikes, events, and higher light level
>>
>>334484887
>46k players currently playing on Steam
>still in top 10 current players
>doesn't even count people who don't have it on steam but only on Uplay
>dead

ok
>>
>>334484978
I remembered it being the other way around.
Probably my mistake.
>>
>>334472094
It's like a shittier Destiny, worse in every way.
>>
File: Screenshot-Original.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-Original.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
I don't care about the glitches and the people complaining are fucking funny to watch. I still really enjoy playing it.
>>
>>334472601
>>334473291
>>334484887
console fags spotted

OP, get it on PC. I have it on xbone too and the PC version is a way better experience. I have not run into an hackers either, so .. PC
>>
>>334485320
>bait
>>
>>334485179
So is this game full of memes?
>>
>>334480438
Ubisoft already has their money, why should they care? They moved on to working on microtransactions for AC12 and Far Cry 8.
>>
File: 1430450229200.jpg (223 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1430450229200.jpg
223 KB, 1920x1080
>>334472094
op think of it as early diablo 3

its shit

the farming is shit

people who used exploit is way ahead of you

and you can't catch up with them now
>>
File: Screenshot-Original.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-Original.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>334485992
thats not what a meme is. the game is full of cool environments
>>
>>334479672
>The worst thing is that we've had no meaningful content since TTK which was 6 months ago now and there's not really anything on the horizon.

They literally just released a pretty big update that changes the way leveling works.
>>
>>334472094
It's ok. Not 60 dollars good tho. With the new update it improved alot of things and it's pretty fun now. More stuff to do.
>>
>>334473753
Destiny sucks major dick and I semi enjoyed division.
>>
>>334486717
Exactly this, publisher screws developer, developer scrambles to finish the game after its been released. The journey to endgame is a lot of fun and the world is really well done, like what Watchdogs should've been. But the grind to End+1 is mixed pvpve and End+2 is replaying missions and doing raids, which they've only released one. A lot of ideas half baked, the game isn't quite finished yet. They also don't have a public test server like literally everyone else, so Xbone and PC released are buggy af. (Also I lost my Xbone character because a server was corrupted, but they recovered it.)

It's very fun with friends but buggy and unfinished.
>>
>>334490105
>pretty big
You can do all the content in the update in about 2 hours. Its not that big.

>that changes the way leveling works.
They changed infusion to not be complete garbage and they raised the light level cap by 15 points. The only thing thats big about the change is how infusion works, and even that is just a quality of life thing.
>>
>>334492543
Why does it suck major dick?
>>
>>334492460
>More stuff to grind
The new update fucked the game pretty hard. More yellows might have looked good on paper, but crafting requirements were inflated to ridiculous levels and nearly all the loot will end up getting dismantled. Purples have no use anymore, blues might as well not exist. The value of gear dropped significantly, and that matters more than its rarity. The incursion is everything wrong with the game's combat in one tiny bundle. Difficulty comes from enemies with ludicrous HP, grenade spam, and aimbot shotgunners. But once you figure out where to hide and when to use the defensive signature, it's just a mindless horde mode. Set items show the devs have no fucking clue what the game's balance is currently like. The striker set is hands down the best, while the nomad and tactician sets are useless because scavenging is bugged and skill power is a joke. All in all, this update shouldn't last you more than a week unless you have the autism to level to DZ 90.
>>
>>334485320
This guy is a hacker, i know
>>
>>334493509
>More yellows might have looked good on paper, but crafting requirements were inflated to ridiculous levels and nearly all the loot will end up getting dismantled
Those two things work in harmony though. Inflating crafting requirements only works when the highest level of crafting gear is more commonplace, which it now is.

>Scavenging is bugged
Nice reddit meme, kid
>>
>>334493623
Probably trying to get more victims.
>>
>>334486717
>think of it as early diablo 3

So it needs some updates and an expansion pack and it might possibly somewhat redeem itself to become fun?
>>
It's a grinding shitfest but it's still better than Dark Souls 3 anyway.
>>
>>334495535
Most games are.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.