[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did you feel after falling for this as I even warned you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 20160416122353_1.jpg (557 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160416122353_1.jpg
557 KB, 1920x1080
How did you feel after falling for this as I even warned you with a message?
>>
what game?
>>
>>334467845
are you serious?
>>
>>334467776
I check every chest with a hit since DaS.
>>
File: BS.jpg (178 KB, 800x449) Image search: [Google]
BS.jpg
178 KB, 800x449
If the chain's pointing towards you it's a mimic how hard is this shit
I am mad that every single treasure chest in the game is locked behind a tedious mini boss fight though, mimics have a horrible moveset and that's bulllshit
>>
>>334468448
just look at the chain
>>
>>334467776
Surely only new players fall for the mimics in DaS3. You can tell by looking at them, not the chain, because the new lighting system makes it very obvious.
>>
I have only recently started playing dark souls 3(first game of the series I ever played) and I noticed that from time to time mimics move their moths and make their fangs visible for a second or so.
>>
>>334468772
I didn't fall for the mimic even tough DaS3 is my first DaS game. I just noticed the chest breathes. Not stoping me from hitting it tough
>>
>>334468737
Just throw that item that stops estus recovery at it while it's still in chest form. You won't get souls for killing it, but it'll open it's mouth and allow you to loot it.
>>
From were so fucking cruel with the mimics in this.

>the one in the dungeon where you need to clear out all the jailers first if you don't want to be trapped fighting it in a tiny corridor
>the other one in the dungeon that spawns 5 basilisks when you attack it
>the two in the profane capital that are right next to each other and are easy to activate at the same time
>multiple ones in rooms with many enemies that you can easily catch by mistake
>>
I thought it was dumb how 90% of the chests in the first half of the game were mimics.
>>
>>334468871
or just look at the chain and kill it if it's a mimic
>>
>>334468909
>the two in the profane capital that are right next to each other and are easy to activate at the same time

where, right before the boss? I did that area last night and only the left one was a mimic
>>
>>334469097
To the right of the boss door in the room with a bunch of enemies facing them.
>>
>>334469154
yeah, I'm sure only one was a mimic
>>
>>334469086
I just suggested it if people don't want to have to kill every mimic they find. And I don't think everyone knows about it.
>>
>>334469185
There's definitely a double mimic somewhere in that area because I remember triggering them both by mistake.
>>
I never fall for mimics because They look completely different from regular chests, and I hit them just in case.
>>
File: 1296290060125.jpg (57 KB, 365x408) Image search: [Google]
1296290060125.jpg
57 KB, 365x408
>helping with Catacombs; get summoned by obviously new person
>reach boss fog, he has to touch chalice to start boss
>hear him breaking pots and walking around, this goes on for 5+ minutes
>can't enter and point at the chalice or drop a message or anything
>finally starts it; he immediately runs into the damaging mist to attack and dies
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.