[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Slowpoke here Finished this last night and I have to say that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: MGS5-Quiet.png (1 MB, 1280x717) Image search: [Google]
MGS5-Quiet.png
1 MB, 1280x717
Slowpoke here

Finished this last night and I have to say that the highlight of the game was the resolution that came with the ending of A Quiet Exit

Is this a popular consensus? Sure the mission was terrible, but everything about how the cinematic was paced, framed and timed was flawless

What happened to her? Is there anything in the lore that ties to her ultimate fate?
>>
File: 1442371842890.png (2 MB, 1258x1968) Image search: [Google]
1442371842890.png
2 MB, 1258x1968
>>334466442
>Finished this last night and I have to say that the highlight of the game was the resolution that came with the ending of A Quiet Exit
Yeah, no. There were at least 2 or 3 other moments if you include Chapter 51. Not to mention the whole getting bitten by a fucking Snake thing feels weird when you spend the rest of the game catching snakes in cages and most of the wildlife is harmless.

>What happened to her?
Went insane wandering the desert, probably
>Is there anything in the lore that ties to her ultimate fate?
There's nothing in the lore that ties up her existence as a character in general anyway.
>>
>>334466949

51 ain't even a part of the actual game m8
>>
>>334467054
It's still a better conclusion to the game and ties Liquid's future storyline together far better than him running out with Snuffalupagus and never being seen again like in the vanilla game.
>>
>>334467219
Well it's pretty stupid CHILDREN repaired the most advanced piece of technology ever.
>>
File: salute.gif (941 KB, 350x200) Image search: [Google]
salute.gif
941 KB, 350x200
She died. She gave her life to save Venom
>>
>>334468341
>Well it's pretty stupid CHILDREN repaired the most advanced piece of technology ever.
It's pretty stupid that adults built the most advanced piece of technology ever and never managed to get it to work without a random psychic kid not in control of his actions
>>
mission was good, end game boss fights are supposed to be hard
>>
>>334470887
>end game boss fights

>Volgin/Psycho Mantis x2
>Skulls x4
>Quiet
>Liquid
>Sahelanthropus

Those are boss fights. A bunch of tanks are not a boss fight.
>>
>>334471207
its a tank platoon, a singular entity, an unusually powerful foe, and the fight takes place before a cutscene and credits. its def and end boss fight
>>
Cute is Quiet!
QUIET!
>>
>>334471360
You could definitely argue a case for the Ocelot Unit in MGS3 being a boss fight (and even the Arsenal Tengus in MGS2) but not the fucking "tank platoon"
>>
>>334471523
its just like the ocelot unit, more powerful versions of normal enemies, fitting with the theme of mgsv/peace walker where the bosses power transforms from that of a single soldier to a commander of men
>>
>>334471694
So is 09: Backup, Back Down a boss fight too?
>>
>>334471881
>Backup, Back Down
those are normal enemies, the tank platoon is made of more powerful enemies, and fight is in the context of a conclusion, a key to what makes an end boss
>>
>>334472028
I'm not arguing that it's a climatic battle. But it's not a boss fight. They're just standard tanks, like in Backup, Back Down. The only difference between the tanks in A Quiet Exit and every other tank in the game is that these ones have a lot of other tanks with them.
>>
>>334472345
no the boss tanks have more powerful shells, one hit kills
>>
>>334472393
>one hit kills
Really? I didn't know this.
>>
>>334472586
ya plenty of people whined about it
>>
>>334472693
Was it ever changed in an update? I did that shit first try so I had no idea that the tanks had more firepower. And I've not felt the need to replay MGS V yet.
>>
>>334472880
idk search 'quiet exit one hit kill' for whiny lulz
>>
Literally just finished TPP, what a let-down.

Missions were crap, side missions were repetitive as all fuck, story wasn't that great, having to replay missions on harder difficulties... come on.

Was just playing 10 minutes ago and wondering why I couldn't progress after [EXTREME] Sahelanthropus and have a seemingly infinite amount of side missions, then I looked online and everyone is saying that's it, no more after level 50...

Good thing it was gifted and I didn't pay for it.
>>
>>334474890
enjoyment of TPP is correlated to the players imagination and creativity.
>>
File: 1452127537383.png (456 KB, 396x446) Image search: [Google]
1452127537383.png
456 KB, 396x446
>>334466442
I haven't beat the game at all so can't comment directly on the OP, but:
>beat Sahelanthropus
>kill bad guy
>credits roll
>"Okay, I guess I was supposed to grind to reach full power or whatever. Overall a pretty fun experience."
>credits end
>Chapter 2 begins
>You now have fucking METAL GEAR in the flesh plus a bunch of other cool shit
>mfw
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.