[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gank squads and almost every single enemy having large combos
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: das3.jpg (220 KB, 1200x650) Image search: [Google]
das3.jpg
220 KB, 1200x650
Gank squads and almost every single enemy having large combos that are rarely interruptible makes this game less enjoyable than it would be otherwise. It is still a fun game though.
>>
>needing to make a thread to post what countless of other niggas have posted

Kill yourself
>>
>>334455641
Pretty much agree with OP.

It's not "hard", just a bit tedious.
>>
In DaS1 it's much easier to run up to any and every enemy and absolutely fuck them.

3 forces you to kite some enemies and discourages you from relying on poise/HP to absorb their attacks to get some free hits. You have to be careful in avoiding the combos.

This is sort of subjective but I vastly prefer 1's approach. I find myself getting annoyed with 3's enemies rather than as legitimate challenges that are satisfying to overcome.

>>334455902
Sorry man didn't realize but I'm glad others agree.
>>
>>334455641
>rarely interruptable

You realize the enemies in this game have like zero poise right?
>>
It is a little infuriating when you whiff a parry and realize you're not going to recover before your enemy's second attack.
>>
>>334456078
In the time it takes you to hit a Black Knight 3 times to stagger them they can hit you with a move that'll take off half your HP.

This is made worse by the fact there are often multiple enemies. Good luck breaking poise with 2-3 hit combos. It's doable by kiting, but kiting is such a shitty way to have to play.
>>
>>334456078
Too bad that doesn't matter when almost every area throws gank squads at you every ten steps. You're forced to lure enemies to you or else they all gang up on you and will shit on you if you try to attack them ever

Having to lure enemies out or you get completely fucked was what everyone hated about DaS2 enemy placement. It's tedious and is used to make an otherwise short area take way longer.
>>
>>334456459
To add to this, they only do it more as the game progresses. By the time I get to untended graves and dragonpeak I was so sick of every single enemy having a whole party of faggots that all aggro together. You try to do anything and there's a guy flinging fire spells or arrows at your back, some dude with a hammer breaking your guard, and dps charging you to interrupt anything you do.

You can lure them out and take them one by one or just run through the whole area because nothing stops running and multi rolling in this game.

Just like with DaS2 there are so many areas in 3 I would have enjoyed a lot more had they cut down on the number of enemies. It's overkill
>>
>>334456674
>>334456459
Literally the "gank squad" enemies all die in just a few hits, and are easy as fuck to split up. Try using the environment instead of just tanking their hits
>>
>>334456459
>>334456674
liked and favorited
>>
>>334455641
Honestly I think they designed this game in general with coop in mind. Coop made DaS2 way more fun and it's the same here. Being able to actually fight enemies without luring them out is way more entertaining and makes battles more interesting.
>>
>>334456894
Except I said that you can lure them out and use the environment, it's just boring as hell to do and tedious because you have to do it constantly.

Try reading comprehension some time.

In DaS1 and DeS there was a much better balance of fighting multiple enemies or just fighting a single strong enemy at a time. You don't have to force engagements to work your way constantly.

DaS3 is so much more like DaS2 than you faggots will let on
>>
So are monsters, and bosses in DS3 were BB hunters designed to fight against?
>>
File: billy.jpg (7 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
billy.jpg
7 KB, 200x200
>complaining about poise when Stomp exists

you're not seriously using some other shitty weapon that doesn't have it, are you?

Is there anything that can even break it? I've tanked literally anything I've tried it on outside of obviously huge enemies you're not meant to be blocking
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.