[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this game so bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: Mass Effect 2.jpg (11 KB, 482x104) Image search: [Google]
Mass Effect 2.jpg
11 KB, 482x104
Why is this game so bad?
>>
>>334443661
What's wrong with it anon?
>>
>>334443661
It's not. You're just a faggot and you browse /v/ too much
>>
cures death in the first 15 minutes and is the exact same game as the first
>>
>>334444315
Removal of RPG mechanics, dropping plot points(dark energy), makes Shepard speak without your input, character bloat so they're all paper thin, changes personalities of established characters, it's really shallow all around but what rubs me wrong is the lack of exploration and Shepard speaking without input since.
>>
File: 1458403522422.png (279 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1458403522422.png
279 KB, 500x500
>>334443661
You probably didn't like driving the Mako either, right faggotron?
>>
5 second guide for retards:

>best story and best exploran'
ME1
>best characters
ME2
>best gameplay
ME3

okay thread over everyone scram
>>
>>334444482
Oh no its very bad. Unless you bought it because you wanted a cheap knockoff of gears.
>>
>>334444492
>is the exact same game as the first

But it's hated because it ISN'T like the first game.
>>
>not a rpg
>no FUCKING CAR
Just those 2 things already makes this the best mass effect
>>
>>334444839
Me3 lacks the player imput the second one had
It might have better headshots, but ammo powers are usuless , the granade was totaly nerfed and dont even make me star on the adrenalin power
>>
>>334444848
explain to me how it's a bad game then
>>
Mass Effect 2 is a masterpiece, excluding the sidequests and the Arrival DLC.
>>
>>334445858
It isn't a masterpiece if you exclude the majority of the game.
>>
>>334445858
i thought the sidequests were the best part. the main story levels are underwhelming compared to noveria and feros.
>>
>>334443661
the shadow broker dlc is amazing
>>
>>334443661
Because it's lowest common denominator gameplay that's written by a 12 year old that effectively undermines what came before it and eventually the whole trilogy.
>>
mass effect 1 was the superior game of the trilogy, the comfort, the rpg elements, the armor and weapon drops, the story and the difficulty as well as deep combat,

mass effect 3 was second because of the multiplayer

mass effect 2 was shit because (and heres the list

reticle change to represent call of duty
'heat clips' instead to closer resemble call of duty
armor was totally cosmetic
skills had a way smaller cooldown and were weaker so it became about spam
dumb story, random new enemy, like wtf
no wrex
>>
The main story gets dumber the more your brain begins to actually think about it

still, it had better maps than PLANETSIDE-INTERIROR #1234 or SPACESHIP-INTERIOR #1234 so that was a real plus and BioWare even strained themselves to the max to actually for once write a decently ambiguous situation with Dr. Mordin Solus (which they proceeded to completely ruin in ME3)

ME2 would've been better without the Harvesters, basically. Hell, it really shouldn't have even been Shepard; it should've been a Cerberus captain who was out there actually protecting Humanity's interests at the far edge of Citadel Space while the Earth Union continued to take the big blue cock up their asses like good galactic citizens.
>>
>>334443661
Why are you such a cumguzzler? Well?
>>
File: Mass Effect Fan.png (33 KB, 639x305) Image search: [Google]
Mass Effect Fan.png
33 KB, 639x305
>>
>>334445858
The entire game is a sidequest; are you kidding me?
>>
It removed anything flawed from ME1 instead of fixing it and had a plot that went completely nowhere.
>>
>>334446171
literally only got it for liara
>>
>>334444752
Obviously if he didn't like mass effect 2 he didn't like one of the major things it removed
>>
>>334445807
It drops everything that made 1 good. In terms of story, it's one giant filler arc with loads of dumb shit added to the lore. For every good character introduced you had stupid shit like jacob or thane. The skill system got neutered to the core, and turned the series into 3/4 (bland) shooter 1/4 rpg instead of an even 50/50. Not to mention making bionics unplayable garbage on higher difficulties. It didn't improve on the mako, and instead just scrapped the idea. Oh but they did take the time to introduce exciting blood pumping activities such as planet scanning I guess.

Then there's the little things. The normandy landing and taking off are skippable cutscenes because they want people with ADD to enjoy their game. Airlock decompression cycles, nah, obviously this won't add anything to immersion. The mass retrofitting of all guns in the galaxy from infinite bullet mass generators to fucking CLIPS because all the cool shooters do it.
>>
>>334443661
because instead of part 2 of a space opera trilogy we got a slice of life anime with call of duty gameplay
>>
Say what you will about DLC characters but I really enjoyed Zaeed.
>>
>>334447134
>Jacob bad

He's basically black Kaiden.

>everything ME1 did well

Like what?
The story was generic.
The combat was shit.
Exploration was horrible.
Only thing ME1 did well was setting up a new universe fans could get into and music.....that's fucking it. ME1 may very well be the most overrated game on /v/. It was mediocre in every way.
>>
>>334444729
Removal of RPG mechanics bugs me. They simplified it down way too much. ME1 had incredible amounts of weapons and upgrades, 2 was shit and cut back on all this for no reason.

Lack of exploration I also agree with. Say what you will about the mako and empty planets I enjoyed not knowing if I'd find an ambush, minerals, ancient artifacts, dead bodies, or mysteries whenever I landed on a planet.
>>
>>334447134
>The normandy landing and taking off are skippable cutscenes because they want people with ADD to enjoy their game.

This is the stupidest fucking complaint about any game I have ever seen.
>>
File: 1435518180391.png (57 KB, 390x390) Image search: [Google]
1435518180391.png
57 KB, 390x390
>Normandy is completely dwarfed by the Collector ship at the start of the game
>By the end of the game you're given a cannon that destroys a ship like 100 times the size of the normandy in two shots

Cerberus is a super corporation with nearly limitless funds, and the Illusive man didn't think to give you a fucking Thanix cannon to start with?
>>
>>334448163
arguably the most important part of a ME game is the dialogue, and ME1 easily had the best. and also the best squad customization, if you remembered to convert useless items to omni gel before you picked it up.
>>
>>334444729
Add to that it started to break established lore and moved away from the unique aesthetic.
Ironically, Mass Effect 2 & 3 pushed towards being sci fi that was generic at the time they were released(in terms of visual and sound design), but Mass Effect 1 looks like it was made in 2016. with all the retro-80s stuff.
>>
File: Planetscanning.png (1 MB, 1289x892) Image search: [Google]
Planetscanning.png
1 MB, 1289x892
>>334443661
What were they thinking?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.