[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Admit it, XCX did disappointed you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: 1459534861980.jpg (34 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1459534861980.jpg
34 KB, 480x480
XCX traded it in a lot of the heart and warmth of the original by going with a bigger & more open world, 20 recruitable characters, an anime episodic story & a weaboo anime OST (instead of an epic RPG story & RPG music)
>>
>>334438564
I admit nothing! NOTHING!
>>
>>334438564
Reminder that this is the composer for XCX https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CIBxYUclz0I

Takahashi really lowered his standards.
>>
>>334438564
Nope, just you I guess. I loved it.
>>
File: 1460074235441.png (40 KB, 392x200) Image search: [Google]
1460074235441.png
40 KB, 392x200
>>334438564
100% truth. Open world games are the cancer of the current gaming industry.
>>
I sank about another 50 hours into xcx compared to chronicles. Xcx lacked the story but the gameplay and exploration more than made up for it

Xcx>Chronicles
>>
>>334439797
kill yourself
>>
>>334439797
I really really value story & characters in JRPGs so XB > XCX for me. The British dub alone trounces XCX.
>>
File: Its a me muther fucker.png (48 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
Its a me muther fucker.png
48 KB, 300x168
The open world and the gameplay, especially when Mechs finally kicks in satisfied me because that's exactly what i wanted and expected.

I like the original Xenoblade Chronicles, but thats not what i wanted with X, once i saw that overworld and mechs, i wanted them to focus entirely on it and they did
>>
>>334439341
I wouldn't agree with that completely. I do agree that in our time because they are easier to create many devs go with open world games and end up giving us lackluster titles that feature empty soulless worlds,however I do think that these games can be done correctly and they can if the devs take the time to properly create an immersive world.
>>
So is the XBX shitposting gonna be making a comeback now that FFXV is getting closer?
>>
Xenoblade Chronicles X is to Xenoblade Chronicles as Chrono Cross is to Chrono Trigger except unlike XCX, Chrono Cross actually had a great soundtrack
>>
>>334438989
to be fair XCX is one of sawano's lesser works, listen to his gundam unicorn OST some time,It's probably my favorite OST to date and has many great tracks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnaC0RgEPCw
>>
>>334438564
XC was better. XCX was a mess. XCX was a big fat mistake.
>>
>>334438564
No it didn't because I'm not a jaded fucktard.
>>
I wasn't disappointed. I enjoyed that we didn't get more of the same. I had so much fun just playing and exploring.

Don't get me wrong the story was not that great and left you wanting more and the voice acting wasn't up to par with the first game. I enjoyed most of the music but hearing "OVER THE RAINBOW" for the millionth time isnt what was I expecting.

I think the next game will take the great parts of both.
>>
>>334439341
Don't forget that consoles ensure a good open world can never exist because of the need for obstructing objects like mountains to reduce the draw distance
>>
>>334438564
What awesome games though. I've only played the first but it was fuckin awesome. I just couldn't find it in myself to use much more than Shulk and being strapped the Monado was just pretty okay. I couldn't fuckin believe they had a game on the Wii with so much content too. It was like two well made, huge games. So comfy with the gimmick free Wiimote controls too. Shulk, Reyn and Sharla for bosses and Riki, Shulk, Melia for everything else. Xenoblade and Monster Hunter (wish you could use GCN paddle for this), were the best on the Wii, imo.
>>
I've been saying that it's mediocre since I got my hands on it, japanese reception wasn't really all that off from how I felt.
>>
>>334442549
Did you beat it?
>>
>>334442614
Obviously, otherwise I would've actually liked the game. First few hours had all the potential with the good combat and super interesting premise.
>>
>>334442956
Have you played the original, and if so do you prefer it?
>>
>>334443197
Exponentially so.
>>
oh, it did, and it hurts even more knowing it was the last potentially worthwhile game to come out on Wii U. of course there's Zelda, but no one is going to get that on Wii U over NX.
>>
THINGS XENOBLADE CHRONICLES Y NEEDS:

- Free party member switching regardless of location! Restricting members for affinity missions is fine, but it should be done automatically / prompt you to change up if you don't meet the party requirements.

- A pre-defined main character! Let us make an avatar for multiplayer, fine, but Shulk was infinitely more interesting than Rook/Cross.

- Those are actually my only real complaints so far. I haven't gotten a Skell yet, but I've heard they're more shallow than expected, so.. I guess that should be improved, too.
>>
>>334438564
It didn't, actually. I had a lot of fun with it, as a matter of fact
Pokkén on the other hand...
>>
No, I fucking loved it
Mechas and OST only made it better
Sequal will be Day one fucking buy
>>
>one thread open with Monolith Soft fans actually discussing XCX and various other games in the series in a respectful and mature manner

>meanwhile le buyers remorse thread ;;;(((((
>>
File: 1428360751221.jpg (398 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1428360751221.jpg
398 KB, 1920x1080
>>334445485
I think most people are being pretty positive in this thread. It's not like either game's flawless, hey?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.