[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sony BTFO by NeoGAFFER
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: sbsisk.png (320 KB, 1080x1447) Image search: [Google]
sbsisk.png
320 KB, 1080x1447
Is he right?
>>
Completely. The PS4 is the successor to the 360. The whole gen is shit though so it doesn't matter anyway.
>>
>>334437825
>company puts more effort when they are the underdog
>relaxes and starts fucking over it's users the moment it's winning
Sony is trash, but this always happens with all companies.
X360 was a success, so Microsoft almost released DRM: The Console.
The Wii was a success, so Nintendo released another console with hardware more than 1 generation old.
X360's paid online and PS3 were a success, so Sony released X360 with Sony exclusives.
>>
>>334438053
The 360 was based until Donnie took over. Coincidentally PS3 was garbage until 2008/2009, about the same time the 360 started going downhill
>>
>>334437825
I am a hardcore Sonygger and i can hardly disagree with him

PS4 is now about multiplats, indies, timed exclusives

PS3 may not have been the best console but holy fuck, it is still getting games and it got several exclusives.
>>
>>334438204
>Resogun
>N++
>Bloodborne
>Until Dawn
>Infamous SS
>R&C
>Tearaway Unfolded
>LBP3

That's not half bad considering how slow PlayStation consoles are the first few years. Let's not act like PS3 had tons of exclusives its first 2-3 years..
>>
>>334438372
So:

>Bloodborne
>>
>>334438372
>Indies
>PS3 ports
>Movie

So only 2 games (inFamous and Bloodborne)
>>
>>334438552
>>334438476
I mean if you just play like one game a year, then maybe. But I played and enjoyed those games a great deal.

PS3 had:
>Warhawk
>Heavenly Sword
>R&C
>Wipeout HD
>SSHD
>Resistance
>Uncharted
>Motorstorm
in the comparative period to PS4

I'd say it's pretty close, especially considering how games are just more likely to be multiplats than exclusives nowadays
>>
>>334437825
>Neofags
2/10
>>
>>334437825
He's right and he's not right.

Sony losing billions on the PS3 is what has forced them into the PS4. All those billions they spent on console R&D on the Cell processor was a waste of money. A huge part of why the PS3 also ended up being so expensive was because they realized very late in the game that the Cell's SPEs weren't going to be enough for graphics and they were forced into late and unfavorable terms with Nvidia for a GPU.

Sony would have been better off just having IBM shove a 970 into the PS3.
>>
>>334439052
Scratch Wipeout HD. Was thinking that was much earlier for some reason. Also forgot Driveclub for PS4. Yeah, so I'd say pretty evenly matched, although Motorstorm, R&C, Resistance, and Uncharted in a year span is pretty dope.

>>334439501
Yeah, Sony lost hundreds of millions with PS3. The gen was a total wash. But at least they stuck with it, satisfied their fans and came out swinging the following gen.
>>
Inb4 he's banned
>>
>>334439861
>But at least they stuck with it
Yeah, sure. They made the best of a bad situation. That isn't what the OP was about, though.

It was specifically about how great it was that "arrogant Sony" sold its very expensive hardware at hundreds of dollars less than it cost them to make it and how much it shows that they care about their fans to invest so much in console R&D.

What it really showed, though, is how delusional Sony really was at the time. Cell never took over multimedia applications. It never really found much of a home in supercomputer applications. It took years for its superior capabilities to manifest.
>>
>two and a half years since the release of the PS4
>STILL only one decent fucking exclusive

PS4 is gonna have even less games than the fucking PS3, Jesus Christ
>>
>>334440286
Oh yeah he's banned for sure. Neofag is strictly a Sony® board.
>>
>>334438372
i have bloodborne, until dawn, infamous, tearway and LBP3

the only game that was actually good was bloodborne.

DESU the only thing stopping me from selling my ps4 is multiplats and the hope that the last guardian is going to eventually come out for it
>>
>>334438552
It's a pretty good movie though.
Imagine if David Cage was actually competent.
That's Until Dawn.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.