[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 13
File: original.jpg (298 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
298 KB, 1920x1080
What went wrong?
>>
>>334436839
Was ascension really shitty? I've only played up to 3
>>
Nothing. main series (1-3) was epic shit.
>>
>>334437017

Its honestly not that bad, the biggest problem is a lot of the over the top nature is muted. I enjoyed it. I actually picked it up for five bucks today.

Really I dont think any GoW game is bad, just some are better than others.
>>
>>334436839
remasters for PS4 and PSV
>>
File: 0.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
Kratos killing people for no reason. In the first, he had a valid reason but it seems 2 and 3, he just kills everyone because they glared at him wrong.
>>
All I do is win win win no matter what
Got money on my mind, I can never get enough
And every time I step up in the building
Everybody hands go UP
And they stay there, and they stay there
>>
File: 1432442072788.png (181 KB, 381x380) Image search: [Google]
1432442072788.png
181 KB, 381x380
>>334436839
They made sequels
>>
>>334437191
The gameplay is pretty satisfying so maybe I'll pick it up soon
>>
Sony fired the good directors and designers and focused exclusively on what the plebians thought was good about the series IE excessive violence and SECKS.

1 and 2 were god tier
3 was absolute dogshit

discuss
>>
>>334437647
i hate two

Two is literal asstier. The game is extra long with tons of filler, the only real endurance combat is at the end of the game and it still suffers from all the problems of the first game.
>>
>>334437647
At least 3 looked epic
It was a turd but it was an epic turd
>>
>>334437523
>Nigger music
Two chains, go home
>>
File: 1439022212864.jpg (65 KB, 657x649) Image search: [Google]
1439022212864.jpg
65 KB, 657x649
>>334437446

This.

>1st game's story closes perfectly fine
>everything is resolved
>game 2 starts off with him rampaging in other gods' cities because ??????
>half assed explanation in the third game doesnt make sense in context with game 2
>>
>>334437446
In one he kills people for that quite often
>>
>>334437789
i should wear my nike's instead of jordans today...
>>
Series as a whole while good, the writing goes to shit. Ending one with Kratos as a tragic assholes that gets revenge but learns nothing was great and narrative wise should have ended there. They also tried to make him really sympathetic when they shouldn't. We should feel empathy for him, but we shouldn't try to paint him a better person then he really was. Especially when he's the absolute worst person.
>>
>>334437446
Are you fucking retarded? The first person we see him murdering is the boat captain for literally no reason
>>
>>334437795
The power of hope everyone
>>
>>334437795
The Gods didn't grant him the peace he wanted, so he threw a temper tantrum and ran around conquering Greece. It's not that hard to understand.
>>
File: Hermes.jpg (333 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Hermes.jpg
333 KB, 1920x1080
You're too slow
>>
>>334437883
I think you need to check Merriam for the definition of empathy anon
>>
>>334437795
Played the originals when they were released and I was kinda confused about what was going on and everyone's motivations in 2. Turns out you had to play the PSP game to really understand it. Didn't bother me too much though, the cliffhanger ending was a much bigger fuck you
>>
>>334437017
The final boss in ascension is the most graphically awesome thing ive seen on PS3, I enjoyed 3 not as much as 2 or 3 but I think it's better than 1
>>
>>334438191
Empathy is to understand ones emotions and where that person is coming from. Killing your wife and daughter is a tragic thing that I think we can understand why he is in such pain and anger.

But to actually sympathize him? Feel bad for him? No. While we understand why he is the way he is, Kratos is still a monster and we shouldn't accept or like him the way he is.
>>
>>334437446
It's funny because Kratos is black and black people kill because you stepped on their jordans
>>
File: athenabooty.webm (3 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
athenabooty.webm
3 MB, 720x480
>>334437795
He's rampaging because he's angry at himself and has no wife to reconcile with, even though Athena got the megabooty to make a grown god cry, he still chose anarchy and destruction of Rhodes.

>>334438136
I wish he wasn't so easy to kill on titan difficulty. Even the max difficulty was easy.
>>
First is my fav, story was compelling and the ending was AWESOME(even if god power just made kratos big and his weapon golden was pretty lazy.
Second one has(in my opinion)forced and bland story but AWESOME gameplay and bosses. its like a more polished version of 1.
3rd one was...okay. It had to be, to end the plot, bosses were okay and gamepolay was basically the same.
It wasn't a tecnical wonder like the other 2 were for the ps2, and the gameplay was basically the same. they could have dared so much with the jump to a new gen but in the end they didn't and proposed more of the same. Still good shit tho.

i refused to play the rest. heard they are shit tho.
>>
File: 1348150316559.jpg (42 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1348150316559.jpg
42 KB, 645x773
>>334438023
Seriously. The gods were fucking retards and got what was coming to them and that was the game. The gods:
1. Have this absolutely incredible warrior at the pinnacle of humans who the actual God of War has been pumping up. Also turns out he's got god blood in him too because Zeus fucked absolutely anything with a warm hole.
2. Ares fucks him over and basically purposefully removes his limiters.
3. Gods punish him for it but he actually understands it and tries to atone, the gods offer him a deal.
4. He goes through a huge load of shit including dragging himself back out of hell, harnessing the power of pandora and killing a god.
5. Gods:
>"LOL SHOULD HAVE READ THAT FINE PRINT ON OUR DEAL XD"
>"...but also after fucking you yet again we're going to go ahead and turn you into a god of war what could go wrong."
7. Wait don't actually be such an angry god of war!
8. OK we're fucking you over again! Also we let you know about titans last time around and there's this whole history of sons beating fathers who fuck them over here.
9. Kratos goes after revenge.

Yeah no one could have seen that one coming! Fucking greek gods were dickass retards and earned Kratos wrecking their shit.
>>
>>334437647
>>334437727
>>334437754
I liked the first one, but two really felt like filler.
By the time I finally got on 3, halfway I got through I was sick of it.
I ended up quitting, because it's all the same shit, and 3 just looked nice for it's time.
>>
File: Labyrinth_high_concept1.jpg (373 KB, 800x389) Image search: [Google]
Labyrinth_high_concept1.jpg
373 KB, 800x389
>>334438796
the third one is pretty good. it was really long, but they evened out the length with tons of combat and predilection.

From Poseidon to the Labyrinth. the combat was direct and intense.
>>
>>334438620
>Empathy is to understand ones emotions and where that person is coming from

Which you don't and can't because you've never killed your wife and daughter or experienced something similar to that. By definition you can't empathize.

But you can feel sympathy for his plight. Meaning that you can feel sorry for him and the predicament he's in.
>>
>>334436839
Overall nothing, they were fun games. I guess if you really want something though
>Fun difficulty locked until you snore your way through once
This was a constant problem and was bullshit. I can't think of many games where the difference between easy/norm/hard and top difficulty made such a change without being tryhard faggotry. On 4th (God/Titan) difficulty you actually have to think a bit about your moves and the enemy's, it's not DMC or anything but it's actually a pretty good ride. But probably most people couldn't be bothered to go through the whole thing again, which is too bad. Should have been available from the start.
>>
>>334438796
You type like a newfag
>>
>>334439109
I felt like the third was way too lazy in terms of new concepts. All the new weapons were basically just things on chains, so there wasn't really a big difference between them gameplay wise, and the magic attacks were basically the same as the second game. I also didn't like how the magic abilities were tied to the weapon you had equipped
>>
Kratos getting killed and then fighting his way out of hell was pretty fucking bad add
>>
>>334439170
>Which you don't and can't because you've never killed your wife and daughter or experienced something similar to that. By definition you can't empathize.
Just because you never personally experienced said plight, doesn't mean you don't understand why said person is reacting in a certain way. You can easily deduce by logic and simple human emotion that Kratos anger stems from the loss of his family.

That said, I don't sympathize with him because despite understanding why he reacts the way he does doesn't mean I feel bad or sorry for him. Kratos is a terrible person that basically ruins everything he touches. That said sympathy is different from person to person so while I don't feel bad for him, I'm sure some other people do.
>>
>>334439109
It was good, perfectly polished and all, but it left me with a bitter taste because almost nothing changed from the previous ones.
more pixels, okay, and a few gimmicks and new sub weapons, but in the end, with a whole gen at their disposal, i tought they could have broken boundaries again and make something both spectacular and new. Guess it was just my fault to for beign overhyped, the game was solid indeed.
>>334439438
What an insightful comment.
>>
>>334439443
I didn't beat it in a single sitting like the first two. I had bought it on shipping day, and took me the whole week to beat it, came home every day after work to play it at 30FPS. It's REALLY long, like 12 hours of pure fighting and puzzle solving, but it is worth it after a certain point. I remember feeling bored around Hades and the River Styx, but then you find Daedalus somewhere after Hermes and Apollo and it picks up pretty fast.
>>
>>334439438 (You)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRQijskAMp4
>>
>>334439438
*knock knock*
>>
Nothing. It was excellent every time.
>>
All I do is win win win no matter what
Got money on my mind, I can never get enough
And every time I step up in the building
Everybody hands go UP
And they stay there, and they stay there
>>
>>334436839
Setting got boring and repetitive
>>
This is where QTEs originally came from and goddamn they were the hypest shit

>slamming that dudes head in the door multiple times in 2
>mashing O to stab those faggot minotaurs in their throats
>>
>>334439678
I picked it up day one and played all night long. I remember beating it around 4 am and just being incredibly disappointed.
>>
>>334436839

The gameplay never really evolved past the first one. It felt like I was just playing the same God of War over and over, and they vainly tried to compensate for that by making each game more of a spectacle without adding any substance.

Plus, Kratos was a complete piece of shit. It's kind of hard to get invested when I don't want the protagonist to win.
>>
>>334440005
I feel sorry for your loss. I kinda enjoyed playing it, even if I lost a lot of interest after Chaos difficulty.

I will say I saw a lot of people return the game after they beat it.
>>
>>334437789

Kratos loves two chains
>>
>>334439998
>This is where QTEs originally came from

I'm pretty sure they came from Dragon's Lair, actually
>>
>>334436839
My life
>>
GoW2 remains one of the best action games ever.
>>
File: 53629.jpg (74 KB, 970x1035) Image search: [Google]
53629.jpg
74 KB, 970x1035
>Leaked concept art for GoW4
Kratos gonna kill Odin and fuck his wife Frigg
>>
>>334439000
>OK we're fucking you over again!

Kratos was a monster much worse than Ares ever was. His grief is entirely self-inflicted.
>>
Nothing. Each game is better than the last.

/v/ just hate it cause it's not devil may cry, even if the game never attempted to be.
>>
File: GOWleak12.jpg (536 KB, 1600x1019) Image search: [Google]
GOWleak12.jpg
536 KB, 1600x1019
>not being hyped to take down Odin

The series got so boring to me but the game looks pretty cool.
>>
>>334437017
The multiplay was fun
>>
File: GOWleak1.jpg (399 KB, 1600x1019) Image search: [Google]
GOWleak1.jpg
399 KB, 1600x1019
>>
>>334439998
>this is where QTEs originally came from

Way off, yo.

It helped popularize them, for sure. That and RE: 4.
>>
>>334441083

It was certainly one of the last to do it right, even if it didn't always got it right.
>>
>>334436839
Not much. Normies loved it and all my friends think it was ok. Story and gameplay may have flaws, but level and boss design is fucking GOAT.

Yeah DMC3 for example is 100 times more crazy and deep than GoW in combat but level design is just fucking phenomenal in GoW3, puzzles are really cool too.

Also the music isn-t just your generic orchestra music, its actually pretty fucking epic.
>>
>>334440884
Kratos was just tired of being tricked. Besides, he didn't do nuffin
>>
>>334441003

Not at all.

It's fine to murder Greek gods, they're all rapists and assholes. But the Norse pantheon is almost entirely upstanding blokes. They're going to have to take MASSIVE liberties to justify killing them.

Or not, I guess. It's entirely within character for Kratos to brutally murder people who have done literally nothing to him.
>>
>>334441003

Honestly I was kind of hoping for an Egyptian themed one, but I'm okay with this.
>>
>>334441620
>After killing the competition Kratos becomes YHWH
>>
>>334441620
It would be easy to make it fit though.

>Odin is a noble god
>sacrifices his eye to see a glimpse of the future/fate of Asgard
>sees the Ragnarok
>Kratos is present
>Odin now goes insane waiting for the figure in the vision to show up
>Kratos goes to Norse territory
>game begins

And honestly, the game is looking more of a soft-reboot than a sequel. who knows what might change.
>>
File: tumblr_my4ri65hb71slcmdto1_1280.jpg (298 KB, 798x458) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_my4ri65hb71slcmdto1_1280.jpg
298 KB, 798x458
>>334441620
Don't most Norse gods fight with each other all the time, but none die?
>>
>>334441975
You know how AssCreed has the iconic hood on different protagonists?
I think it'll be like that except with a red scar
>>
>>334442136
exactly what I'm thinking.

The character in the concept art doesn't look like 100% Kratos.
>>
>>334439000
GOW 3 was literally REVENGEANCE RETARDED

eh it was ok, gouging out the eyes of one faggot right at the start made me certain it was going to be decent at least
>>
>>334442114

Yeah, but most of the time it's jolly fighting. They'll battle all day, then at night they'll share a ram's horn of mead and tell each other stories of other times they battled all day and shared ram's horns of mead. Then Balder tells a joke and everyone laughs, and Loki fucks a horse and everyone laughs.

With Kratos it's just MURDER RAPE KILL KILL SHIT IN YOUR EYE SOCKETS TEAR OUT YOUR SPINE all the time.
>>
>>334442787
>>334442346
at least the told Athena to fuck off after all the shit that happened
>>
>>334436839
Sequels and change of director was the whole problem
Kratos' character in the first game is great he's a psychopathic super murderer who serves the gods which is an interesting juxtaposition, and by the end he redeems himself
Then comes 2, 3, 4 repeating the same story even though there was only enough of it for one very good telling of it
>>334442787
The first game was absolute god-tier though no one can deny that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI5z93eTuKw#t=7m00s
>>
>>334442787
From what I read they have some pretty serious brawls, but it's to knock sense into each other.
>>
Kratos did nothing wrong
>>
>>334444106
it is well known the greek gods are all assholes, so I enjoyed how they all were brutally killed
>>
>>334444436
asleppus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIue-2IpMLA
>>
>>334440892
3 is worse than 2. Ascension is the worst game in the series.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.