[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Undertale
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: Juas.jpg (5 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
Juas.jpg
5 KB, 460x215
Hi /v/, should I play Undertale and why?
>>
no its garbage
>>
Do you like webcomics?
If yes, play it.
If no, don't play it.
>>
yes, it's a really good game but if you are going to play it, try playing it without knowing too much info of the game. you just need to know it's some kind of rpg with bullet hell and has a story around your actions. you can kill every monster or you can be merciful with them. don't look for spoilers
>>
>>334436305

Yes. For the music and battle system.

There's a few tumblr tendencies in the plot and the art direction is a bit scattershot, but otherwise it's actually fairly charming.
>>
>>334436305
No play EarthBound instead
It's a similar game but much better
Also Giygas and Pokey are far better bosses than Asgore and Flowey
>>
>>334436742
>Saying Asgore and Flowey only

Someone doesn't know there are two other endings...
>>
>>334436305

If you're interested, go for it. I'm sure it'll be on sale at some point too.

Don't listen to other people's opinions, that will only ruin your own experience. You should go in completely fresh.
>>
File: undertale is a good game.png (242 KB, 1839x661) Image search: [Google]
undertale is a good game.png
242 KB, 1839x661
Yes.
Alternatively, if you don't trust me or anyone else, just play the demo. The demo should give you an idea of whether or not you will like the game.
>>334436552
How does one like or dislike webcomics? That's like liking or disliking movies.
>>
>>334437470
I've seen lots of movies, I can safely say from all the movies I've seen that I like movies.

I've seen lots of webcomics, maybe two of them having been total fucking garbage. I can safely say that I hate webcomics.
>>
>>334437674
Fuck me, maybe two of them HAVEN'T been total fucking garbage.
>>
>>334436305
Play the demo before dropping money on it.
>>
File: give me my damn box.jpg (462 KB, 715x997) Image search: [Google]
give me my damn box.jpg
462 KB, 715x997
>>334437762
>>334437674
I dunno, I just follow by the rule that 90% of everything is crap. I don't really understand the idea of saying one likes movies. There are good and bad movies.

I've read some interesting webcomics and some shitty ones.
>>
>>334436305
Play it if you're looking for a fun game with good music and compelling characters

Don't play it if you're a hipster or if you hate memes
>>
>>334437994
If you're saying that, then nobody can say for sure that they like ANYTHING, if it has a chance of being bad.
And that's really, really dumb.
>>
>>334436742
Eartbound is a paunfully generic jrpg in an unusual setting. Undertale is a deconstruction of the genre. That's like comparing DBZ to Evangelion, Silver Age Superman to the Watchmen, Law & Order to the Wire.
>>
>>334436305
yes, ignore /v/
>>
>>334436305
Try it for 2 hours
>>
Pirate it and then decide if it was worth the coin or not, everything in the game is a hit or miss.
>>
Play until the spear knight boss fight and then decide if you liked it or not.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.