[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SRPG thread please? Post what you're playing and what you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 349x494) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 349x494
SRPG thread please?

Post what you're playing and what you think of it.

Post thoughts on the future of SRPGs

Playing pic related and it's good. My Max is a beast right now.
>>
Currently playing Front Mission 5.

I like the mechanics, but it makes me mourn the series.
>>
File: jared-fogle.jpg (116 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
jared-fogle.jpg
116 KB, 1600x900
>>334432481
Shining Force 2 is my all time favorite Srpg.

anyway,
playing FE Fates, and dear lord this is without a doubt the WORST FE story.
at least the gameplay is great, it's the Only thing keeping me going.

I just picked up Eternal Poison on the ps2, that will be my next game.
>>
>>334432785
Is FM 5 even an srpg?
>>
>>334432929
You're thinking of Evolved, anon. I'm talking about the fan translated PS2 game.
>>
File: 1460478744682.jpg (21 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1460478744682.jpg
21 KB, 400x400
>>334432481
>Shiny force.

My nigga!

What are some upcoming SRPGs, actually? Xcom2 is the closest one I can think of.
>>
>>334433135
Oh shit I was thinking of evolved.

Well how does it compare to 3 and 4?
>>
>>334433304
It's like 4 but with more bits and bobs. I'm only a few hours in but it looks like it has the depth I want. Not as fast to bounce between missions as 3 was. The dialogue is bog standard for a Front Mission, but I like having my own base and keep fucking around in the simulator.
>>
File: image.png (51 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
image.png
51 KB, 256x256
>>334432818
Yeah the only saving grace for Fates is definitely the gameplay and music.

The waifus are on point as well.

Corrin is one of the worst mcs ever and the story is poorly written. I still got revelations to finish but I'm taking a break from Fates at the moment.
>>
I'm playing Battle for Wesnoth if that counts. The Orc campaign is easily the best one I've played so far; level design is great, there's quite a variety in mission objectives, and challenge/balance is top-notch on the highest difficulty setting.

Before that I was playing FE Fates. Was pretty far into a lunatic ironman run of conquest but I put that on hold for some reason. Conquest is a solid game mechanics-wise, just ignore the story. Can't say the same about the other version, though.

Shining Force is bad, shining force 2 is terrible, front mission 5 is great gameplay-wise but the story sucks (though the references to other FM games are nice).
>>
File: LA6zuiQ.png (398 KB, 500x407) Image search: [Google]
LA6zuiQ.png
398 KB, 500x407
>>334432481

>mfw I kept all the female centaurs in my army

It's fucking monstergirl: the game
>>
I haven't played any in a while.

The last SRPG I recall playing but not finishing was Vanguard Bandits.
>>
>>334432818
SF2 also my fav srpg, have you tried the vandal hearts series on ps1? those are great too.

Vandal Hearts 2 has a really interesting turn on the turn based combat system, both are criminally under rated srpgs.
>>
Shining Force 1 and 2 are so fucking good. Thrilling through and through.
>>
Play Ring of Red
>>
File: shining force III waltz.png (237 KB, 519x431) Image search: [Google]
shining force III waltz.png
237 KB, 519x431
>>334434346
srpg should have centaur more often
>>
If Steamworld Heist counts, that's something I could very easily recommend, but it's still not out on the other systems besides 3DS yet. It's worth keeping an eye on at the very least.
>>
Does anyone know if there are SRPGs that don't have enemy reinforcements that appear out of nowhere?

It's not that big of a deal to me but I'd like to know what games don't do that.
>>
>>334432481

This is my favorite game. I play every year leading up to my birthday.

I'm happy to see it on /v/, goof thread OP.
>>
Loved it. It was my first RPG. I remember asking my parents for SF2 for Christmas and it was $75. It was the only gift I got, but I replayed it over and over again for several years.
>>
>>334435979

choose you're waifu
>>
>>334435783
Does it emulate pretty well? I remember getting into it a bit before I had to return it to the video store. Nice job though, I had forgotten all about it and i fucking love mech games of all genres.

My favorite will always be Robot Alchemical Drive, though.
>>
File: Shining-Force-Characters.jpg (616 KB, 564x712) Image search: [Google]
Shining-Force-Characters.jpg
616 KB, 564x712
>>
>>334432481
I've never been any good at these games. In OP's pic I wiped in the third battle or something.

What in your opinion is babby's first SRPG that can teach me the ropes?
>>
>>334434094
How the hell do I stop being so shit at Wesnoth? I remember beating the first level in the orc campaign on normal but the second level seemed like it was designed expecting me to have a maxed out army rather than a couple of slightly buff dudes and grunts. Am I supposed to be slower and careful? Do I need to be quick and aggressive?
>>
File: PxZ2.jpg (3 MB, 4961x3508) Image search: [Google]
PxZ2.jpg
3 MB, 4961x3508
Finished Project X Zone 2 the other day

>That music shift when the title card show up
>Managing to one-shot the final boss by buffing the hell out of motherfucking Strider Hiryu, Hotsuma, and Hibana
>That whole moonlight proposal scene between Reiji and Xiaomu and the credits music afterwards ;_;

I had a blast playing through it. I can't wait to see where the series goes from here.
>>
File: 1446977213323.gif (37 KB, 69x120) Image search: [Google]
1446977213323.gif
37 KB, 69x120
>>334438692
getting a kill for jogurt to get the jorgurt ring
>>
>>334438692
A shame Hanzou was such a late addition. Domingo was my strongest magic user. Favorite little story arc of mine was Adam's.
>>
>>334439314
>A shame Hanzou was such a late addition.
Fucking Shining force and their hidden shit.

>In overseas versions there's a piece of something to the bush to show he's hidden in the jap version no such thing exist meaning you have almost have idea he was even fucking there without knowing beforehand
Assholes.
>>
>>334438692
Domingo best character. Peter was the Domingo of SF2.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.