[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thinking of starting this, what's the recommended mindset for it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: Shadow_of_Chernobyl_cover.jpg (47 KB, 325x462) Image search: [Google]
Shadow_of_Chernobyl_cover.jpg
47 KB, 325x462
Thinking of starting this, what's the recommended mindset for it?
>>
Stay up all night get trashed on cheap vodka and lock yourself in a small dark room
>>
video game
>>
buy cheap vodka and diet sausage and you're ready to go

consider it a survival game with great gunplay and small RPG elements. but overall, a game of survival. carry light and don't waste bullets.
>>
>Turn out the lights
>get some mods
>get as cozy as possible
>have liquor on hand. Preferebly Vodka or beer.
>>
Remember that it isn't fallout
>>
File: 1430943786822.png (1 MB, 986x897) Image search: [Google]
1430943786822.png
1 MB, 986x897
the correct mindset can be very hard to achieve
first train by squatting for 2 hours at a time
once that becomes easy for you, drink an entire bottle of vodka in one sitting
after a week of constant inebriation, purchase a glorious AK-47, maintain it, and display it on a wall
then, once you put on your track-suit you might be ready to experience some cheeki breeki shit in the zone
>>
>>334428570
It's not as good as people here make it out to be, the gameplay is massively flawed, early game guns suck. It's not irredeemable though, the atmosphere is good, there are some cool dungeons later in the game, the spooks are nice.

Don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed.
>>
>>334428570
prepare for the shittiest video game you've ever played that can barely run on a good computer
>>
>>334428818
it's not fucking diet sausage, it's a kielbasa you pleb

nothing diet about it, just a healthy snack made of animal intestines, fat, bovine anuses and hooves

delicious and goes great with vodka

>great gunplay
hahaha no
>>
>>334428570
Remember to save often because the game has no quicksave
>>
>>334429651
You mean autosave? I'd also recommend manual saves before entering a new location. I had that one where you need to get a key from some bandit shit itself, would crash regardless of what I did, so I loaded a hard save made before entering it and it worked fine.
>>
don't fall into the quicksave trap lest you save right before a bullet hits you in the face
>>
>>334429545
http://stalker.wikia.com/wiki/Diet_Sausage
>>
>>334429990
fuck, it actually is called "Diet"
http://ru.stalker.wikia.com/wiki/Кoлбaca
>>
So it's essentially an adapt and survive, become the best kind of attitude?

That's a good enough mindset, though I'm hoping for some underlying mystery to everything going on as a plot hook.
>>
>>334429990
That is Бyкa level of translation.
>>
>>334428570
Vodka

Also watch the Tarkovsky movie.
>>
>>334428570

I recommend the "Cyka Blyat" mindset.
>>
One of the most comfiest moments I had was a couple of years ago being a NEET. Playing Clear Sky for hours while watching recorded episodes of Unsolved Mysteries on my 2nd monitor. I already to to emulate it but, its never the same.
>>
>>334428570
You're strelok
>>
Play on master and force yourself to save very rarely (having a quicksave for a crash is fine though).

The less you save more safe you'll be forced to play. Plus you'll be forced to spend use your resources.
>>
>>334431487
>playing master
>Not saving every 5 fucking seconds

did you even play the first hour of SOC on master?

Shit is almost fucking impossible until you get a good assault rifle/
>>
>>334429416
>>334429252

newfags
>>
File: yoyooy3+(1).png (96 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
yoyooy3+(1).png
96 KB, 250x250
>>334429052
That image is so fucking autistic yet it gets posted every fucking thread because it's one of the few images relevant to stalker.

PZD duty suit for life
>>
>>334429052
>Not using the military suit for max bullet protection while keeping sprint (The one two things that actually fucking matter)
>>
>>334430618
>though I'm hoping for some underlying mystery to everything going on as a plot hook.

Ooh baby you came to the right place. Though you should leave before it gets spoiled
>>
>>334428570
A few things, please remember this needs to be played on the hardest difficultly to cancel bullet sponge. Also get ready to get fuckin spooked.
>>
>>334428775
this. get yourself a tracksuit and some cheap cigarettes then squat over your computer

you're in for a wild ride you cheeki breeki
>>
>>334428818
Salami will do ?
>>
>>334428570
The Garbage is a casual filter, if you get past that the rest of the game will be like a breeze
>>
>>334429545
Cod fag wants the bullet to follow the crosshair
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (51 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
51 KB, 1280x720
>>334428570
Be prepared for anything
>>
>>334431202
top taste, wanna be my friendo ?
>>
>>334434368
No, Spam might be a good stand in though
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.