[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>go to the catacombs because why not progress through the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1460720215042.jpg (309 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1460720215042.jpg
309 KB, 1920x1080
>go to the catacombs because why not progress through the game?
>instantly kills yoel
>having this happen prior to arbitrarily going full hollow power means yuria will never appear
>never even meet her, get her cool armor or weapon, etc..
>completely miss out on a lot of dialogue
>this prematurely stops the anri sidequest because why not
>this locks you out of an entire ending for the game

Why the fuck did this do this? You shouldn't have to hug a strategy guide or get lucky as fuck just to progress through side quests. The hide and seek shit is already stupid enough, but stuff like Yoel always dying if you reach the catacombs is fucking retarded, especially for people who go there before the cathedral of blue.

Don't even get me started on some of the other stupid shit.

>join rosaria covenant
>if you are part of it when you are in the firelink shrine this locks you out of Sirris sidequest line
>the rosaria covenant leader happens to be the person you go to to respec or change your appearance so your average person will likely join her
>it is completely understandable that they would then equip the covenant or make a sacrifice to it and then go back to firelink shrine after respecing or just in general
>doing this before she gives you a gesture means never being able to join the darkmoon covenant

Seriously what the fuck? This shit is worse than world tendencies.
>>
Are you really upset that your actions, or lack thereof, have consequences in a souls game?
>>
>>334427498
I'm upset at how arbitrary and restrictive the side quest progression is this time around. The NPCs barely have any dialogue as it is. They might as well be BB NPCs that almost don't exist at all yet the little lore and rewards you can get are randomly locked out by things that really shouldn't affect it.

How the fuck can you sit here and defend entering the catacombs before Yoel levels you up five times (which I believe requires you dying a ton in between meeting with him and going to the catacombs) completely locking you out of an ending and an entire NPC?
>>
>>334427310

You understand that the entire reason these games have NG+ is so that you can do things differently than the previous times you played without losing any progress for your character, yes?
>>
>>334427914
Oh sweet going through the entire game again for five lines more dialogue and all the items I would have liked to have had before I was SL 100.
>>
>>334428086

If you don't like it, you're free to go back to playing Call of Duty.
>>
>>334428086
Isn't that called replayability?

Perhaps you're more upset that you can't get all the items for your first go around because you thought you were building your final character for online interaction?
>>
Use a guide. Difficulty should come from the game itself, not obtuse and hidden shit
>>
Is it just me, or do the wolf summons not work? Will i have to farm the covenant items from npcs?
>>
>>334427789
>which I believe requires you dying a ton in between meeting with him and going to the catacombs
You have to get hollowing to like 20 afaik. It seems the amount of hollowing you get on death depends on the number of dark sigils or whatever they're called in your inventory. You get them for levelling up. The hollowing breakpoints for levelling up are 0, 2, 6, 12 and 16. If you level up every opportunity you get you only have to die twice for every level, which is 8 deaths. Of course most players will not know the hollowing breakpoints, but if you find Yoel ASAP 16 deaths isn't too bad, going through the Undead Settlement, the forest and blighttown 3.0 and their bosses.

Still I got fucked out of it by finding him late and not dying a whole ton, so there's that.
>>
So you hate good replay value? Are you gay?
>>
>>334428663
>if you don't die a ton you won't progress through this questline in time
>locks you out of three quest lines and an ending in the process

Prepare to die XD
>>
>>334428794
That isn't good replay value. Actual replay value would be using different builds or having more content in new game plus. All this side quest bullshit does is force you to use a guide. Even that isn't replay value because you'll still fuck up if you don't use a guide. You might as well just use a guide and call it a day.

It would be like having a single hidden item in some random place that disappears if you take a step passed it. Playing the entire game again to get that item isn't replay value it's just shit game design.
>>
>>334428945

Or maybe you could try exploring and doing different things instead of just following the same steps over and over.
>>
>>334429349
>exploring
>questline requires dying a lot
>exploring will make me die a lot and talk to someone five times even though most of the npc in DaS3 have almost no dialogue and will immediately repeat shit
>exploring is what would lead to going to the catacombs earlier than needed anyway

Nice.
>>
File: isurehopeyoubabiesdontdothis.png (109 KB, 300x333) Image search: [Google]
isurehopeyoubabiesdontdothis.png
109 KB, 300x333
>>334427310

you gotta be more curious and check stuff autistically like you did when you were a kid

I talked to yoel litearlly every time i went back to firelink and got my 5 levels in well before the catacombs.

maybe stop minmaxing like a faggot and play the game like you're enjoying it?

also

>being so casul that you want to respec instead of making a new character form scratch
>>
>>334428945
you are literally saying that hidden content is bad and that everything should be handed to you on an obvious platter.
>>
>>334427310

>get npc in 2nd area
>mostly ignore him for a fucking ton of areas
>WHY HE GONE WOW
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.