[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Nintendo makes a female character that resembles Link in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Excuse_Me__Princess_by_Hi3ei.png (57 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
Excuse_Me__Princess_by_Hi3ei.png
57 KB, 480x640
>Nintendo makes a female character that resembles Link in a spin-off
>"Hur hur! Now Nintendo will make turn Link into a female character in future, main Zelda games"

Keep dreaming tumblrinas. Cuz you know this will never happen. Especially when Miyamoto is over-protecting when it comes to his creations.

>"B...but...millions of people demand a female Link."
No they won't! That's what SJW-oriented sites wants to make you believe.
>>
>Miyamoto
>over-protecting

If that was the case, Wind Waker would have never happened.
>>
>>321990237
Why?
>>
>>321990862
>When we were first working on the toon shaded Link, and that graphic representation of the Hyrule world, because it was such a drastic change, we actually kept it a secret from Mr. Miyamoto in the beginning. We had actually recently shown an example of what the next Zelda might look like, based on the ‘Ocarina of Time’ graphic style, and because this direction was so different, we knew that Mr. Miyamoto wouldn’t approve it as it.

>It’s not as though we were consciously keeping it a secret, but when Mr. Miyamoto would say, ‘Hey, you got anything to show me?’ I would kind of just push him off, and buy time as much as I could. But, at the same time, I think Mr. Miyamoto also understood that we were working on creating something, and just weren’t ready to show it to him yet. Honestly, I don’t know how well we kept it a secret anyway.

http://www.mtv.com/news/2468070/eiji-aonuma-the-legend-of-zelda-wind-waker-hd/
>>
>>321991520
Bottom line: in the end, he approved it.
>>
>>321991680
Exactly, Miyamoto doesn't care.
>>
"Tumblrina" is neo-reactionary speak for "good person."
>>
I thought they were complaining because they wanted Link to be female, but then bitched because they literally got a female Link? Like, there's no pleasing them, so why do we give them attention or care?
>>
>>321988462
But female Link is actually cool, at least beter than the faglord the next Zelda's getting.
>>
>>321992997
Linkle's not Link. She just thinks she is.
>>
>>321993438
I'm aware of that, you're aware of that, anyone with a functioning brain is, which is why it's the "we want a female Link!" crowd that is complaining about Linkle.
>>
>>321992997
They complained because they got a female characters that looks like Link. Probably they wanted an actual genderswap. And as about why we give them attention, it's because gaming "journalists" in most, big sites (including the ones dedicated on Nintendo games) are still bitching about how important is for the franchise to have female Link in main games, they make propaganda about how popular is female Link etc, totally ignoring the official lore.
>>
File: 1449600485586.png (209 KB, 510x346) Image search: [Google]
1449600485586.png
209 KB, 510x346
>>321993554
>Why are they complaining, they got a female Link?
>But that character isn't Link as a female.
>Yeah, why are they complaining? They got what they wanted, there is no pleasing them.
>>
>>321993903
Really? Most of the complaints I read about Linkle, to those misinformed about her not being Link but a separate character, were that they simply just made Link female and didn't do anything more.

Regardless, male or female, it wouldn't matter to me, but now it if it's done it would only seem like they're doing so to pander.

Games where there are choices or creatable characters never really seem to put emphases on the players gender anyway, so I'll never understand why it's a big deal.
>>
>>321994282
That's the point: since there are many games where you can make any kind of character you want and there are many games with female lead characters (or giving you the option to choose a female character), why changing the gender on an old, iconic male character?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.