[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people hate this game so much?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: The_Evil_Within_boxart.jpg (21 KB, 295x336) Image search: [Google]
The_Evil_Within_boxart.jpg
21 KB, 295x336
Why do people hate this game so much?
>>
>>334422865
It's another RE4 clone.
>>
I liked it more than The Last of Us
>>
Out of ammo?!
>>
>it all takes place in their minds so it can be completely incoherent and get away with it lmao XD
>>
>>334423284
It worked for the Silent Hill series
>>
File: 1439234957284.png (259 KB, 358x339) Image search: [Google]
1439234957284.png
259 KB, 358x339
>>334423143
Hah same
>>
I bought it sometime last year and play a chapter or two every few months.

Kind of a neat thing I guess, just taking forever to finish.
>>
>>334422865
I liked it, I could just never get past the safe guy.
>>
>>334423143
Yep, also better than revelations 1 and 2.
>>
The only thing I hated was that one hit death mode I swear that fucking chapter 6 took me a whole goddamn day to beat
>>
General lack of polish.
Shitty story with characters that have no personality.
Starts off incredibly slow, the first hour and a half I'd say is boring as shit.
Certain enemies are just frustrating to deal with, the plant guys, the invisible guys, it can get tedious.
Game is decently difficult which deters casuals.
Everything other than the crossbow you have infinite ammo for is kind of shitty and useless.

I actually really loved the game but it's not perfect by any stretch, and its replay value is rather low honestly.
>>
>>334423345
Silent Hill doesn't take place in the protagonist's minds, and it's far from incoherent as well.
Evil Within is just off the wall wackiness half the time.
>>
>>334423719
I thought about trying it, but then I remember that slow cart ride through the construction site.
>>
I enjoyed it a lot until the forced stealth part in the mansion. It pissed me off so hard I haven't bothered beating it.
>>
this game really nailed pacing and the surprise factor. For playing games most of my life, it's rare that any game will surprise me or leave me absolutely fucking confused as to where it's going, and Evil Within really did that like no other.

You don't play a survival horror game where ammo conservation is important and expect 3 back to back to back boss battles in a row less than 2 hours in.
>>
I love all the shitty wooden characters and horror tropes out the ass. I only played at night in the dark with the volume all the way up and had a blast for a week or so.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.