[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any game aside from Civ5 that lets me do political choices?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: Better hit them warheads.jpg (61 KB, 819x756) Image search: [Google]
Better hit them warheads.jpg
61 KB, 819x756
Are there any game aside from Civ5 that lets me do political choices?
>>
Paradox games
>>
>>334418381
Divinity: Dragon Commander
>>
>>334418381
Total war.
Endless Legend.
>>
>>334418978

Seriously, if you like Civ 5, play Endless Legend. It's simply the better 4x game.

As for Total War, the only game in the series with meaningful politics was Shogun 2, and even that was as simple as hit the trade and alliance button with anyone who would give you the time of day.
>>
You'll love mount and blade if you take the 4 hours it takes to get into the game
>>
>>334419734

Or just read/watch a guide. The biggest challenge to getting into that game is learning all the newbie pitfalls at various stages of the game.
>>
>>334418381
Any grand stategy games.
>>
Ck2 is all political choices.

Like whether to cuck your son and fuck his wife. Then when you die, play as the cuck and kill yourself, then play as the young inbred son/grandson abomination.
>>
>>334419352

>Seriously, if you like Civ 5, play Endless Legend. It's simply the better 4x game.
Except for it has less political/passive options like OP wants.

I like both games, but Endless Legend is geared far more towards war than Civ V is. Even the Drakken, who are suppose to focus on diplomatic means, boils down to 'force peace' every 10 turns.
>>
Modern Warfare 2. You can choose to shoot people or not shoot people at the airport.

Geometry Wars. You can choot to shoot geomeyric objects or not shoot geometric objects.

Deus Ex. You can choose to shoot people or not shoot people.

Mass Effect. You can choose to sex females or sex males.

Dwarf Fortress. You can choose to torture rlves or not torture elves.
>>
>>334418381
Please be bait
>>
>>334422619

Passive options can suck a fat one. Having a politic resource that allows you to make unilateral decisions or forces one party to pay to broker cooperative decisions has much more competitive depth than anything in Civ 5.
>>
>>334423349
no, Gandhi is a fucking savage on that game.
>>
>>334418381
endless legend, stellaris comes out in a few days.
>>
>>334424485
I wasn't referring to the image.
>>
>>334424751

>there are people IN THIS THREAD that know less about video games than you
>>
maybe give civ4 a try
>>
The Democracy series is pretty great
>>
>>334418381
Europa Universalis series

You pick a real nation/kingdom from a point in history and play as it. there are historically influenced events and actions triggered by the date or other events.

Allows for no warfare cuz you can marry into and inherit land and nations etc

my favorite path is to start as scotland and conquer england. Protip if you control all the land in the british isles you can become Great Britain/United Kingdom.
>>
File: 1458407356730.jpg (73 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
1458407356730.jpg
73 KB, 604x453
>>334423259
>Dwarf Fortress. You can choose to torture elves or not torture elves
Choosing was never an option.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.