[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did Order of Ecclesia killed the 2D castlevania series? >Female
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8
Did Order of Ecclesia killed the 2D castlevania series?

>Female MC
>Hard compared to the other installments
>Different Attacking system
>Shanoa relies more on magic than melee weapons
>Dracula Doesnt have a second form
>>
>>334418050
>>Dracula Doesnt have a second form
He does, he just doesn't transform. But he has actual 2nd form combat wise.
>>
Order of ecclesia was awesome. I want to replay it.
>>
>>334418050
No. It's one of the best Metroidvania titles, arguably the best.

What killed traditional Castlevania was Konami's mishandling of their IPs. They were already killing off everything that wasn't Metal Gear with series' like Contra, Gradius and Goemon being thrown into the Pachinko pile. Castlevania was just one of the last holdouts.
>>
>>334418050

Game's good

Only thing that killed castlevania is konami
>>
>>334418050
>Did the best game in the serie killed the serie
no?
>>
pachinko did
>>
>>334418459
Nah, pachinko ran alongside the normal games, it was konami's obsession with the pachinko market that's the problem, before they went completely batshit insane they seem to at least try to strike a smidging of a balance.
>>
The actual reason is because it's shit with shit level design and shit bosses.
>>
OoE was the last good Castlevania game.
>>
>>334418949
>what is Adventure Rebirth
Fuck you.
>>
>>334419018
>what is Adventure Rebirth
Ah good point, I forgot about that.

Basically what I'm trying to get at is that Spain killed Castlevania with LoS.
>>
>>334419228
LoS1 is good too though, fuck you contrarian.
>>
>>334418050
shanoa best everything
>>
>Female MC
Best MC from the portable games.

>Hard compared to the other installments
That's good? Easy difficulty was the bad part of previous DS/GBA games and SoTN.

>Different Attacking system
The best attack system in the series, that lets you use two different weapons (or even magic) at the same time plus alternate sets, and one that finally makes MP relevant.

>Shanoa relies more on magic than melee weapons
Her magic is based on materializing things. Which usually are melee weapons.

>Dracula Doesnt have a second form
He walks.

You just imade up these things to stir shit up and kickstart a CV thread, and I fell for it.
>>
File: ecomic10.jpg (260 KB, 325x1040) Image search: [Google]
ecomic10.jpg
260 KB, 325x1040
>>334419420
>fuck you contrarian.
Wait seriously? I thought 2D Castlevania fans hated the LoS series, Am I the only one?

>>334419430
Shanoa is a casual.
>>
I have the DS trilogy. Best games for the console IMO right next to advance wars. It's hard to decide between Dos and OoE but I prefer the latter cause it was more challenging, the combat felt more satisfying and Shanoa was a sexy, Godess of destruction.
>>
>>334418050
OoE was great though. Definitely my favorite Metroidvania alongside CotM. What truly killed Castlevania was Konami's retarded bullshit.
>>
>>334418949

OoE is the only good Metroidvania game. Metroid series and La-Mulana included.

Backtracking: the genre
>>
The 2D castlevania series was killed by not selling. Most who like them now just pirated/emulated them. The sales numbers prove that.
>>
>>334420643
>being this much of a goy
Even in the PS1 and GBA days CV and before that, the games never sold that much. It has hardly anything to do with piracy, and more with Konami giving Iga and his team peanuts for budget, and the games growing pretty stale.
>>
>>334421426
The sales of each game were lower and lower, to the point they didn't even make a profit. Keep acting like it was ebul konami though.
>>
shanoa is my waifu
>>
>>334418050
>Female MC

Why is this bad?
>>
>>334418050
OoE was a good game but a bad Castlevania.

I'd feel better if they considered it a spinoff.

This still gets me giggling every time I see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Icu_UvaUeM
>>
>>334425442
>that Brachyura fight
My sides.
>>
>>334418050
OoE was the dying song of the series. It was one last attempt at getting SotN numbers the way they did with Aria/Dawn. Portrait of Ruin and its fucking horrible art was the killer even though it was pretty damn good.
>>
>>334419420
LoS was a great God of War game, and a terrible Castlevania game. They tried to reinvent the series by turning into something totally and unequivocally different, which is really just a way of killing the original and only saving the name.
>>
File: n.jpg (207 KB, 1695x800) Image search: [Google]
n.jpg
207 KB, 1695x800
Does this mean Tales of is gonna die too?
>>
>>334427434
You sillywilly, Tales of is already dead.
>>
>>334424578
Because a woman can't be as strong as man it is highly unrealistic and promote false ideas
>>
>>334429096
No one gives a fuck you turbocunt.
It's magic.
>>
Kojimas retarded ass killed castlevania

Iga had another castlevania game planned but autismo kojima jumped up and screamed THATS CASTLEVANIA when he saw some shjtty tech demo with faggor with 2wips .

That game was Lords of Shadow .the mosg hated gme in castlevania history
It bombed and killed castlevania.

Kojima killed konami shortly afterwards,by creating an engine that worked for only one game instead of Various games, as it was planned.
>>
>>334429414
You are going to anger the drones, Anon.
>>
File: suicidal businessman.jpg (218 KB, 782x768) Image search: [Google]
suicidal businessman.jpg
218 KB, 782x768
>the state of Konami
>>
>>334429414
Hopefully kojima kills Sony next
>>
File: oldfag in wave of shitstorm.jpg (104 KB, 1024x706) Image search: [Google]
oldfag in wave of shitstorm.jpg
104 KB, 1024x706
>>334418050

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZQg4WOz4-Y

>dat moment when dracula suprised a girl was defeating him

Its glorious, no one even know he was defeated by girl
>>
>>334418050
But all of those things were great, except for the last one. Konami killed Castlevania.
>>
File: 1694231-cvlegendseuro.jpg (93 KB, 640x645) Image search: [Google]
1694231-cvlegendseuro.jpg
93 KB, 640x645
>>334418050
>female MC
anon...
>>
>>334430587
Not canon.
>>
>>334430587
Not canon.
>>
>>334430587
Let it go anon.
>>
I can't remember anything about OoE. Meanwhile, I've got fond memories of every other CV I've played. OoE just fell flat for me. I mean, I guess the art was nice at least.
>>
>>334430074
Walking Dracula is his second form.
He was holding back the entire fight and didn't even bother to transform. Shanoa got lucky and used [Dominus] while he was charging the Giga Demonic Meggido.
>>
File: 1439677996495.jpg (59 KB, 453x439) Image search: [Google]
1439677996495.jpg
59 KB, 453x439
>>334418050
The level of plebs who think this is the best metroidvania is fucking sickening and its no wonder the series is dead
>>
>>334419420
The lore in it is great, they did a hell of a job reinventing the story while making nods to the series like explaining why the whip is called vampire killer to his name being Belmont

Gameplay wise its ok, Castlevania as a series always struggled with 3D and the first LoS is the most successful one. Great moveset, challenging amount of damage taken when hit, the dark/light system was really badly implemented and could've taken pointers from DMC of all places to at least take a foot in a direction of making it more intuitive. Some of the moves also left way too long of an opening and the monster can be sponges

The game really fucks up in the level and mook monster design. Castlevania 1 had zombies, mermen, red dogs, and bats on the very first level, shit that was either gothic and/or horror. LoS for the first 3 level had 2 monsters: lycanthorpe and goblins. Fucking. Goblins. No Castlevania has ever stooped to using something so absolutely generic. Then they stuck this cattle of unamaginative shit in gorgeous set pieces that's pimpled with ten thousand climbing sequences.

LoS is a great game, but Castlevania as a series basks in level exploration and crazy monster design, both of which were the game's weakest points
>>
>>334431051
OoE isn't even a metroidvania.
>>
>>334431260
On Castlevania it is.
>>
>>334429894
>Die, demon lord [Dracula]!
Those silly brackets always crack me up for some reason.
>>
I don't get the love for this game for one simple reason: Combat is sluggish. If they didn't force weapon switching so damn much it wouldn't be so bad, but holy shit between just about every enemy you need to cycle weapons.
>>
File: 1411773419749.jpg (157 KB, 774x1032) Image search: [Google]
1411773419749.jpg
157 KB, 774x1032
>>334431051
suck my cock dude
>>
>>334431490
Any overhead weapon will work for you.
For stabbing just crouch or learn to jump
If you're using projectiles you'll hit something eventually

Git gud
>>
>>334431608
I'm talking about the massive amounts of damage reduction for certain weapon types.
>>
>>334431051
Gee anon, which one do you like best then?
>>
>>334431881
None, it's a shit serie
>>
I wanna fuck Shanoa
>>
>>334427434

Im glad someone had a hard on for excellent female design for a few years on the ds
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.