[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For as long running as the Tales series is, I find it really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 2997561-tales2.png (1 MB, 1152x720) Image search: [Google]
2997561-tales2.png
1 MB, 1152x720
For as long running as the Tales series is, I find it really strange that the series doesn't seem to have any kind of visual identity. Whenever I see images of Tales characters they always look like background characters from more interesting games - there's no kind of hook to draw you in.

To me, the Tales games have always sort of represented what people complain about when they talk about anime, while somehow lacking any of the positive qualities. The only word that can be used to describe them is "generic." It's a shame too, because I've heard the battle systems are fun.
>>
What would you prefer? More belts?
>>
>>334414019
More Keyblades
>>
Tales games are designed knowing that a lot of story and character designs are cliche. The strength lies in the party chemistry and the battle system. They're what fuel the game for me, fun battles and humorous interaction with the party.

Zestiria had one of my favourite cast.
>>
>>334414776
My problem is that you can do cliche with more flair. There's nothing about the plots, characters, or worlds that stand out in any way.
>>
We need a timeline to conect the games somehow
>>
>>334414776
You shitting me, is by far one of the blandest, i'm like 25 hours in and i don't give a single fuck for any of them...
>>
>>334416521
yeah Tales characters are like the moe anime of video games- they're just blank slates and you're supposed to watch them interact.

I think they're supposed to be "comfy" and unchallenging. They're just sort of like the white bread of JRPGs
>>
>>334414776
As individuals, Zesty's cast is OK. Bare minimal anime cliches. But you're shitting me if you can genuinely care for them as a group by the end of this game. Especially after Dezel dies and nobody so much as remembers him for the rest of the game.

There wasn't a moment in the game where I didn't think they were just tied by circumstance. Without Sorey, I honestly doubt they'd be there.
>>
>>334417050
I'm talking about zestiria being your favorite, they are by far one of the shittiests crew on the series
>>
>>334416227
they're not all the same world?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.