[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Great Debate.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: [email protected] (157 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Fallout-4-vs.-Fallout-3-640x360@2x.jpg
157 KB, 1280x720
The Great Debate.
>>
They're both shit but Fallout 4 is not as shitty
>>
Both are shit, play New Vegas instead.
>>
>>334412208
/thread
>>
>>334412208
this
bethesda can't into story but obsidian can't make their own games.
>>
Fallout 3
Fallout 4 in some ways fucked the lore: Jet before Fallout 2? Fuck you bethesda. Its funny because that they had the arrogance of saying to the one that pointed it out that they was wrong of taking the game to seryously. Well at least it respected it in some ways...
Fallout 3 at least respected it and add to it new things like the mirelurks.

New Vegas always win.
>>
>>334411938

It's a difficult decision, OP. They're both awesome, of course, but which is the crown of the series?

At first, the obvious choice would seem to be Fallout 4 due to its superior graphics and crafting system. But it's writing and world-building leaves something to be desired, particularly its factions. I spent most of the game not even knowing who the good guys were; just when I thought I'd found out who were the good guys, the writers drop the ball and they do something like murder a bunch of innocents. Ironically, the Minutemen - a bunch of whiny farmers who don't even give you anything cool - are the least guilty of this, which would almost seem to make them the good guys!

In this respect, Fallout 3 works a lot better due to its much clearer and on-point writing. The Brotherhood of Steel are heroic and badass, while the Enclave are much more clearly evil. It's also way more epic in scope, with an incredible finish (who could forget that moment when Liberty Prime threw his first nuke?).

I know it's weird to care so much about writing in a video game, but what can I say - I'm a huge nerd. With these in mind, it's really challenging to decide which of these Fallouts take the gold for best in the series. Here's hoping Bethesda combines the best of both in Fallout 5!
>>
>>334411938
They are both shit for different reasons
>>
Fallout 3 at least had to attempt to follow FO lore in the slightest bit to capture fans of the old FO games. And there are decent things like the Pitt
>>
>>334411938
Fallout 4 is better, lore sucks but at least the gameplay is pretty good. Not gonna compare DLC since all of 4's aren't out yet.
>>
>>334412369
thisception

Though if you had to choose between THOSE two, Fallout 4 is miles better mechanic and graphic wise.
>>
>>334413193
This is some top tier bait.
>>
>>334411938
Yep you can't put your gun on your back in 4, it dissapears into thin air
>>
>>334411938
Fallout 3 better gameplay, but that's not saying much.
Fallout 4 better graphics, but that's not saying much.
>>
>>334411938
Fallout 2
>>
>>334415682
They're both fantastic games, and that IS saying much

:)
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.