[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HEY YOU YEAH, YOU this fat fuck walks up to you, grabs your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5
File: notchheadshot.png (262 KB, 530x350) Image search: [Google]
notchheadshot.png
262 KB, 530x350
HEY YOU

YEAH, YOU

this fat fuck walks up to you, grabs your ass and says "how would you fix minecraft"

how do you respond?

but seriously how would you fix minecraft
>>
>>334410287
Push a heavy emphasis on adventuring, look at terraria
>>
>>334410287

I'd get rid of hunger and increase the seed for mines. Have an "ruins" biome as well that features half-decayed structures mixed in with whatever local biome there is. More underground stuff, such as daggerfall styled randomly generated dungeons (as opposed to the existing prebuilt structures). Also bring back sky islands.
>>
More monsters and more bosses
>>
Minecraft is fine it's just that most of /v/ are "mature gamers that only play mature games like myself" and hate fun.
>>
h-h-how many gigabytes of dedicated wam do i need to run minecraft?

>what?

how many gigabytes of dedicated wam do i need to run minecraft?
>>
>>334410287
Create a time machine and go back in time when minecraft was in alpha.
>>
>>334410287
Hire somebody who knows something about terrain generation.
>>
>>334410287
>block everyone under 16 from playing
>block youtubers from playing
>remove from consoles
>make mods easier to access for the masses
>make it easier for people to establish cheap and reliable dedicated servers that they can share with their friends
>>
>>334412354
>block people from playing it

This is the most autistic meme ever. Are there really people who can't stomach other people enjoying things?
>>
>>334410287

I would use the money to build a time machine to stop Minecraft from ever happening.
>>
>>334412469

children playing minecraft has made running a public server basically impossible

either they micspam and never shut up, or they do stupid shit (like building things directly around the spawn points, even after I put up signs saying not to do so) and they get asshurt if they get told to fuck off

a simple "18+" option/filter in the server browser would be sufficient though
>>
>>334410287
Add content.
More adventure-y stuff, more tombs and full of traps.
Give the game a sense of progression rather than just bumrushing a diamond pick.
Add more interesting biomes and areas, make the existing biomes feel different and not just like a different coat of paint.
In short, just make 3D terraria.
>>
>>334410287
it doesnt need fixing
>>
>>334413161

hunger makes the game unplayable
>>
>>334410287
I would literally start all over and not call it minecraft
>>
>>334412901

>micspam
What?
>>
>>334413246
>hunger makes the game unplayable

wat
>>
Emphasize exploration, mining, and crafting.
Get rid of all the shitty, half-baked adventure RPG elements.
>>
There are two roads up ahead, one mark realilistic, and the other mark adventurism.

Minecraft, the older of the two, runs down the realilistic path into the darkness.

Terraria decides to split and goes down the adventure road.

Minecraft became more like a real survival simulation and became as fun as being lost in the woods.

Terraria got 100% times more content, and became a good fun game lots of people love.

-fin-
>>
>>334413336

micspam

as in they spam their mics and never shut the fuck up, or at least in my experience this is the case
>>
>>334414117
There's no voice in minecraft. Unless they added it, which would be horrifying.
>>
>>334410287
FETCH QUESTS
>collect 100 redstone
>collect 100 coal
ETC. It will get addictive, since there's no one pushing you to do it, you can do it when you want. Also, if you do it, it'll be quest to quest and voila! 30 hours have passed!
>>
>>334412469
It's not that I don't like having people play the game, it's that autistic kids and pedophiles have become the primary audience of what was once a fun lego toybox to have fun in with friends.
>>
File: mojang.jpg (30 KB, 640x350) Image search: [Google]
mojang.jpg
30 KB, 640x350
>>334410287
Add real tech tiers and weapons/classes that play completely uniquely, like Terraria. Make progression tied to effort put in, not luck, like Terraria. Add a million different building blocks and furniture items at once instead of one or two blocks every year, like Terraria. Actually design around the crafting aspect of the game [like Terraria] instead of it just being a tacky add on to make collecting things more tedious. Add a bunch of accessories and tools found in the world with unique uses that grant new abilities, like Terraria. Add dungeons that are unbreakable until you beat them, like Terraria. Add a million more bosses that are actually difficult, like Terraria. Make hard mode actually hard, like Terraria. Make the underground more interesting with a million different underground biomes, like Terraria. Make progression through tools and armour a lot more subtle, with ores that only unlock after a hard boss.

>Like
>Terraria
>>
>>334410287
That hat doesn't look like it fits his head.
>>
File: FLAOT.jpg (310 KB, 985x911) Image search: [Google]
FLAOT.jpg
310 KB, 985x911
>>334410287

Remove everything and make the game in C++ or C#

Start with an actual plan of where to take the game story and gameplay wise instead of just making shit up as you go along

Add more emphasis on exploration and adventuring, REAL dungeons and REAL villages instead of that gay half assed shit

Add a real combat system with multiple weapon types each with advantages and disadvantages

Have 4 dimensions (water fire earth and air themed for example), each unique and full of many different biomes and monsters. Allow the player to start in any of the 4 and have unique ways of implementing all the basic necessities for survival such as food, wood, water, iron etc, then branch from there with different types of weapons and materials exclusive to each dimension.

Have a different difficulty level for each dimension (earth would be easy, water medium difficulty, fire would be hard, for example)

travel between dimensions is entirely free of restrictions. as long as you have the necessary materials to create a portal to a dimension you can travel their from any other dimension

each dimension has a boss and they can be fought in any order
>>
Remove the Ender Dragon from the game because adding a way to "win" Minecraft is absolutely against what the game was all about. Hunger was never actually a big deal to me, but most people seem to hate it so thats gone too. Actually thats about it. Its been forever since I've played, so I dont know what other crap is in the game.
>>
I don't know, maybe its time has passed. I saw somebody posting their server around so I decided to play again but it's just not very fun anymore.

People asking for it to be more like Terraria should just go back to grinding a boss down a hole
>>
File: 297qrp.gif (466 KB, 320x260) Image search: [Google]
297qrp.gif
466 KB, 320x260
>>334414727
Like holy shit it pisses me off to no end how little building blocks there are. Is it so hard to make them? Little 12 year babies shit out mods with blocks all the time. What is Mojang's malfunction that prevents them from powerhousing out content? Why does it take 600 days to add a cooldown on clicks and 4 or so new blocks? Are they really taking THIS long trying to rehaul this shitty game's code? It's not even worth all the effort if they are, I'd rather they make it fun first.
>>
>>334414012
Being lost in the woods in real life has some variety though, and you've got a multitude of ways to go about most things.
Being lost in the woods in minecraft is shit, you've got one method of starting fires (which you never need to do, really) and one method of cooking food.
>>
>>334410287
Make it so that only 18+ year olds can play it.
>>
revert to 1.7 alpha
>>
>>334410372
This.

Terraria in 3D instead of 2D sidescroll would be fucking ridiculous and I'd enjoy it so much more than I already do.
>>
>>334410287
Remove infinite generation of the world and add more fleshed out randomized quests. Also make the world way deeper and higher, and add more distinct landmarks with interesting lore and/or some kind of quests to them.
>>
>>334414854
I was expecting FLAOT to be the first reply. Man am I disappointed.
>>
>>334417106
you at least like my idea right?
>>
>>334410372
Terraria worked better with adventure because of it's 2d environments. It wasn't a game that you could build anything great in, at least not as great as some get int minecraft.

Could totally work, especially if they keep the core building shit, but minecraft always seemed like more of a relaxation game than a adventuring one.
>>
>>334410867
Dedotaded wam? Whewe?
>>
>>334417242
I didn't even read I the first time around to be honest. Here's me reaction of take 2:

>Remove everything and make the game in C++ or C#
>or C#
>C#

And I stopped reading there
>>
>>334417932
terraria was coded in C#

not as good as C++ but certainly better than JAVA
>>
>>334416576

minecraft is random generation, removing that removes the concept of the game

minecraft also doesn't need lore, but it does need more dungeon variety
>>
>>334410287
*starts moaning*
>>
>>334412901
Go to an 18+ server that enforces its rules with a no exception policy. I used to moderate in one and I think I removed a little over 1000 underage shitters in the time I was there.
>>
>>334419710

>no exception policy

As you're probably aware it's hard to enforce that unless you got moderators working in shifts.
>>
>>334419910

There's usually an ignore function. Without a whitelist you can't expect the server to be 100% kid free all the time, however they usually don't last 8 hours. My old server had a vote temp ban as well if things got out of hand.

With no exceptions I meant more that suzy's fucking kids are not allowed. That cool, smart 16 year old is not allowed. The admins nephew is not fucking allowed. That guy one day before his 18th birthday is not allowed.

Kids can always lie, but most of the shitheads have a digital paper trail or manage to out themselves in another way.
>>
>>334410287
No more hunger
>>
By making it free.
>>
So when is this this whinny faggot going to kill himself?
>>
>>334414854
>make the game in C++ or C#
I think that is what they are doing for the W10 version.
>>
Don't give a fuck about your lego game but if you give me a million bucks I'll let you do whatever you want to my ass you norwegian fuck
>>
>>334410571
>I'd get rid of hunger
i think it should be an option
>and increase the seed for mines
you can technically do this already with the custom world generator thing they added in 1.8.9 or whatever
>Have an "ruins" biome as well that features half-decayed structures mixed in with whatever local biome there is.
this'd be good, it's like they started doing this with the temples in jungles and those rock things made out of mossy cobble in tagia, but then they forgot about it
>More underground stuff, such as daggerfall styled randomly generated dungeons (as opposed to the existing prebuilt structures). Also bring back sky islands.
that would be excellent, there's a mod called roguelike dungeons which is just vanilla stuff but adds these sprawling dungeons to the world
it's pretty good

i'd also say allow the player to build a village with villagers somehow
>>
>>334410287
I'd first tell him to step back because I'm not really looking for a boyfriend then I'd tell him to look at terraria and other games like that for inspiration
>>
>>334410287
Simple. Actually revolve the game around mining and crafting. Today it's about autistic shitty RPg elements. That's bad.

More consistency - things should fucking make sense.

Patch out mob farms. Make it so that the world has a limited amount of hostile mobs per chunk and killing them all clears it.

Add in a stamina bar that depletes when you sprint. This should replace the hunger bar, which should be gone. Because it only appears sometimes, it should go above the armor bar, which would be where the hunger bar is now. Like air with water.

Strip out the retarded fantasy shit - Minecraft should be realism-ultra low fantasy at best. Strongholds and the Nether should stay but shit like the Ender Dragon and Wither shouldn't.

Distinct, simple, clear and satisfy tech trees which improve in obvious ways. For instance, an improved brick furnace with 2x2 smelting slots for combing items... allowing you to combine 3xcharcoal, 1xiron to get steel. With enough steel, you would be able to make a tech 3 furnace which might be able to burn faster for a 3x3 grid. Further upgrades would be about speed and utility - for instance, a very advanced furnace may be able to produce double or triple ore.

More weapons. Currently there is the sword and the bow.
Explosions center around entities. Dynamite is definitely possible - add it. And add sticky/spiky dynamite as well.
Crossbows that are more effective than bows but take much longer to draw.
Spears that have long reach but poor refire time.
The possibilities are wide.

More tiers as well. Iron and diamond are too far apart, and diamond is sometimes too weak. And remove the enchantments bullshit, it makes items look ass ugly and makes the game unpredictable - does he have protection 1 on his armor, or protection 4? It's impossible to tell.

More inert, decorative blocks.

Fucking mod API. It's been literally over 4 years.
>>
>>334410287
Notch please. You already sold it. There's no going back now.
>>
>>334410571
This
>>
>>334410287
Put it on the Source 2 engine.
>>
Change the pacing on how quickly you can get to "endgame" materials. I shouldn't be able to craft endgame tools after stumbling around in a cave for 5 minutes and accidentally finding some diamonds.

Focus on adding more blocks, interactive functions, and other aspects that revolve around the building and crafting aspects of the game. No more half-baked RPG stuff that doesn't even have a direction. There's so many cool shit that the game could have I don't even know where to begin, but they just keep churning out shit.

To add, especially now that the game is owned by a company as huge as Microsoft, for god's sake update the game more than every 2 years. Modders churn out better content than the original game at twice the rate.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.