[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do people really find the bosses in this game easy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 63
File: Dark Souls 3 cover.jpg (604 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls 3 cover.jpg
604 KB, 1600x900
It's taken me at least 5 tries to beat every boss besides the first one, Abyss Watchers, Yhorm, and Sulyvahn. I've played and completed every other game in the series.

Are people really beating the bosses on their first attempt?
>>
yeah, you suck

learn to fucking dodge idiot
>>
So far i have died to the boss in anal londo more than once, and the watchers took me 4 attempts.

That boss in anor londo is ridiculous one shots you with her bow, and dont have enough stamina to escape the 10 seconds of constant fire.

Any tips? only part i am struggling with i am SL52
>>
>>334407056
>learn to do what I already know how to do

Yeah, sure

I'm on my 5th attempt with Dancer. I have 1300 HP but her attacks still take out about a third of my health bar per swing.
>>
The bosses are pretty easy but there a few bosses that are just horrible to fight with a slow high strength weapon like ultragreatswords

Both the nameless king and the final boss are not fun to fight unless you have a moderately fast weapon.
>>
>>334407773
Use cloranthy ring for faster stamina regen and keep rolling through the arrow attack.
>>
>>334407773
level up stamina, i guess
>>
>>334406973
People are lying or using summons mostly. This is the hardest game in the series, with BB and DeS right behind it.
>>
>>334408391
I found BB much harder, all DS can be cheaped much easier.

I was stuck on Rom for ages, yet to be stuck on DS3
>>
>>334408391
It's the most unbalanced.

All magic is shit
strength weapons are too slow
armor doesn't do shit, neither does poise
Bosses are most of the time bloodborne style spastic
>>
>>334408038
Thanks, where is the colranthy ring found?
>>
Crytsal Sage was hilariously easy
>>
File: image.jpg (219 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
219 KB, 1920x1080
What was his problem?
>>
>>334408657
Remember where you first met siegward in undead settlement?

That elevator can go up, drop halfway, fight a firedemon, enter a building, go to the roof, drop to a tower.

At the bottom of the tower, hidden behind some boxes is the ring.
>>
>>334408789
muh bell
>>
>>334408894
Thanks
>>
Killed the tutorial boss on my first try and the second boss on my third.

Haven't killed whatever the fuck is in the forest with the goatmen and those annoying birdfags but the "huh, three..." notes everywhere doesn't make it sound like a fun fight.
>>
I haven't gotten to the harder bosses like Pontiff or Dancer but I'm about 8 bosses in and the only somewhat challenging ones so far are Vordt and Abyss Watchers.

Some of them are just laughably easy like Deacons or Crystal Sage
>>
>>334408391
I've played every Souls game besides Bloodborne and I have never struggled as much as I have with DaS3. Everything is so insanely fast and has such long combos while the player doesn't have any extra speed or abilities to compensate. I see everyone claiming that they're beating bosses like the Watchers and Pontiff on their first tries and it makes me feel like I'm retarded or something.
>>
5 tries to beat a boss doesn't make it hard.
>>
File: 1455389642570.png (420 KB, 714x1024) Image search: [Google]
1455389642570.png
420 KB, 714x1024
>>334407836
>1300 HP
Stop playing :D
>>
>>334409191
Bloodborne bosses were even faster but it also gave tools to counter that.

Dark souls 3 lacks that and it fucks up the balance.

You can really tell from was working on das3 and BB at the same time.
>>
>>334406973
Only 4 bosses killed me, 2 of which killed me multiple times.
>>
File: angry drow.jpg (322 KB, 1024x681) Image search: [Google]
angry drow.jpg
322 KB, 1024x681
Fuck the bosses, how the fuck do i beat the two undead crocodile wolf things past Sulyvahn?

I thought fighting one was pretty cool cause you have to learn its moveset and watch out for its attacks but i cant watch two at the same time
>>
>>334406973
The bosses for the first half of the game are pretty easy
Then the difficulty ramps up in the second half
Pontiff, Nameless King and Souls of Cinder can all suck a massive dick
>>
>>334409369
*While kindled.

1000 normally
>>
>>334409738
Champion Gundyr is harder than those.
>>
>>334410001
I beat him pretty quickly, Nameless King took me like two and a half hours
>>
>>334410001
>>334410257
It's almost like your experience varies depending on your build and weapon.
>>
>>334409719

Throw yourself at them until at least one dies. After that it's 1vs1 since they don't respawn.
>>
File: bitchassmove.gif (2 MB, 232x145) Image search: [Google]
bitchassmove.gif
2 MB, 232x145
>>334407836
I am 99% sure that bosses do percentage health attacks and many mobs too.

I was going through boreal valley with like 1300 hp or something and those slim knight fuckers 2 shotted me sometimes and 3 shotted me if i was lucky.

Later, when I finished the game, I joined a pal in the same area, so I got scaled down. To fucking 700 hp

I was like, fuck, they're gonna one-shot me and him (he told me he was going through the game with 16 vigor).

But the dudes still 2-3 shotted me and him.

So I recommend going just full dps and try to take the bosses down quickly as possible. Thats how my friends got through the game.

They glass cannoned it, while I'm more of a tank guy, but still could take as many hits as me.

I'm not 100% sure of this, but many pieces of evidence are pointing to it. You can even notice it when you're ember'd and not.

It's fucking weird
>>
>>334406973
Alright. So. Here's my experience with this game.

>First playthrough
>Don't bother making a quality build. Just use whatever weapons I find that look cool
>Use the Darkwraith sword mostly
>Most I died to any boss was 3 times (not including the final boss. Died to him like, 12 maybe.)
>"Alright. That wasn't so hard. Time to play through it again this time making a quality build.
>End up having trouble on Dragon Slayer Armor who I killed first try on first playthrough, Lothric, and Nameless King (who I didn't fight first playthrough.).

I dunno why but the game got harder when I actually tried to make a good character. ;-;
>>
>>334406973
Five times is a bit much for most bosses, but some like the watchers, the dancer or the last boss take about that.
I died three times on the ponitff, aldrich or oceiros and one or twice on most of the others.
Exception being the crystal sage, where I died almost ten times until I leveled up a little.
And it's not a real boss, but the second fire demon also raped me to hell.
>>
>>334409191
No man. My first play through I've been playing with summons (going to do solo round two), and as some one said people are lying or using summons like me.
>>
They just want to brag, OP. Never take the passive-agressive contrarians on /v/ seriously.
>>
>>334411060
% based damage is the absolute fucking WORST in RPGs, it may as well not be a fucking RPG if your health and armor will have negligible fucking effect on your survival.

Funnily enough I first noticed this bullshit with DS2 pvp, and how any armor you wear, you will always receive the same amount of damage from another players attack. The only exception is with counters and backstabs, AND ONLY depending on weapon type and not how much it was upgraded.
>>
>>334407836
>what I already know how to do
Obviously not if you die 5+ times to every boss.
>>
>>334411306
100% this.
>>
>>334408391
>DeS right behind it
DeS is by far the easiest game in the series. I think there's only 2 or 3 bosses that aren't gimmick: the boss. As a consequence they're incredibly fucking easy. The levels to get to each boss is also very easy and short. I think the only one that really annoyed me was the swamp part of world 5.
>>
>>334406973
How does rolling work in this game?
I swear DaS made a lot more sense.

Timing the roll seems way more important than actually avoiding the object itself.
Am I just invincible during certain parts of the roll? Does my positioning actually mean jack shit?
>>
File: cattear.gif (2 MB, 372x262) Image search: [Google]
cattear.gif
2 MB, 372x262
>>334411317
I completely agree with you, it's dumb as fuck and bring the game down to a lower level of build variety and balance.

It sucks
>>
>>334411078
In my experience, Dragon slayer and Iron King are hard as melee because they attack relentlessly, and you need your stamina for dodging and guarding rather than attacking.
A summon make them pisspoor easy though, as you only have to focus on attack or defense depending on the boss's target. Didn't use summon for any other bosses though, so maybe it's the same for the other ones.
Also, Old Iron King is buggy as hell for melee, because you fight the camera more than the boss, and as you can't roll under him,you're usually stuck rolling again and again against his toes.
On that note, the resident evil zombies with black goo tentacles are also shitty for the camera. When attacking them from behind, I usually end up with a screen filled with their black goo, unable to know where I am nor where the monster is headed.
>>
I'm on the Elder Prince, how long until the end?
>>
>>334412140
I'd say you're pretty close
>>
>>334409520
regardless of developing at the same time or not, the final result will be the same.
been to consumed king's garden? it's cheap as fuck: ground is toxic, enemies have infinite stamina and poise, forcing players to switch to parry or smaller weapons and they hit hard as fuck.
until you find the shortcut, brezze through the boss and wonder that's it?
from has totally fell for the difficulty memes. ds3 is really low effort and recycle in many places.
>>
>>334411060
I din't experience that at all. I got embered on purpose for two bosses because I needed more health (pontiff and the last boss), and I could survive things I wasn't able to without the ember (like a five combo plus explosion from the last boss).
>>
>>334411885
I've noticed. Though I think you mean to say "Old Demon King". Not "Old Iron King". Old Iron King is a boss in Dark Souls 2, silly.

On my quality character I'm currently on Lothric. I beat Lothric on my second attempt on my first character, on my 7th attempt on him with my quality guy. Idk why I'm having so much trouble. I'm using the butcher knife and I went the class that starts off with the battle axe (the one with 16 str) and my stats are as follow
>Vigor 50
>Endurance 30
>Strength 44
Those are the only stats I've leveled up all game so far since I don't see the point of having heavy armor when poise is almost non-existent.
>>
>>334411834
you are invincible during some animation frames called iframes. but if your iframe run out and you are still in the hitbox, you got hit. that's why positioning is semi important. make sure you dont stand up during the lingering hitbox or fall into a later hitbox.
>>
>>334412140
Go to archdragon peak and beat the nameless king, then you're allowed to call it quits
>>
3 was the modt for me so far
>>
>>334410628
Do you know that you can aggro only one while shooting at a distance with a bow?
>>
>>334406973
Game is harder than DS and both DaS.
By far. Even tho the start is easier than DaS 2(Simply because of the way the roll is calculated, IMO.)
At least, for now, I just killed pontiff, looking forward to the rest.

I find certain mobs more dangerous than the bosses tho.
Even pontiff, even if he's really impressive, isn't THAT strong. But the fuckin lothric knights on the high wall? Or those 'hollow abominations'? Hot damn.
It depends on your build, I guess.

They just nerfed MANY things that made the other games easy, or at least, mechanics that once mastered, made them easy.
Like parry. Is there anyone even trying to parry shit in DaS3 ? I never really had a hard time to parry stuff in any of the other games, but here?
Either the mobs swings are so fuckin fast, or simply the fact that half of their attacks can't be parried.
Also, poison. It's litterally SHIT now. It was so strong in the other games, now? I hope they buff it.
And then, since the mobs are so aggro all the time, it makes using slower, heavier weapons harder. (I've been a guts sword user for a long while. At least, that was my go to weapon on my first char for the other games. And find it far harder to use.)

And now, every bosses have clear weaknesses.
Before, you just had to put whatever resin you had and bingo. Now, some are weaker against lightning, others are weak against magic etc.
If you struggle against a boss, try another weapon type and see what happens.
>>
>>334412446
I can second this. That boss gave me the most trouble out of every boss in the game.

Beat it after a while tho.

SO MUCH SATISFACTION!
>>
>>334412219
For Lothric Castle, the garden and dragon aerie 2.0 you're better off just running past everything.
>>
Apparently armor stats aren't worth jack shit, but rather the game will recognize that you're wearing armor and then apply the bonus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MKc9ejlUYs&feature=youtu.be

This is so obviously taken straight from BB. Why the fuck would they think this was a wise choice?
>>
>>334412408
>quality build
>butcher knife which only scales with strength
>only raising one damage stat
You made a strength build a quality build is 40 strength and 40 dex with a weapon that scales with both.
>>
>>334412408
Do you have a good shield?
Greatshields are very useful to guard against some of its attacks (when you roll to late, for example). They also have good fire protection.
You may need more Vitality to carry it without handicaping your rolls to much, though.
>>
>>334412928
Butcher Knife only scales with Strength though. -_-
It has S scaling in strength.
>>
File: 1344659685646.jpg (70 KB, 467x417) Image search: [Google]
1344659685646.jpg
70 KB, 467x417
>>334412446
>Don't realise you do massive damage attacking its face
>spend twenty minutes hacking the king's bird to death by its feet
>actual boss fight starts and king immediately impales me
>>
>>334411329
It's the exact same thing I've been doing for the past 4 games (with maybe BB being a little different)

I don't know why I'm so off in this game.
>>
>>334412998
Eh I just got gud and learned to actually time my rolls correctly. I had the shield of want equipped but didn't use it. Only had it there for the bonus souls. kek.
>>
>>334406973
I beat the Tut boss 1st go, the second boss 3rd go, the massive tree 1st go. Using knight. I've gotten to weird areas now so I haven't played since.
>>
>>334412841
armor pieces give flat damage reduction. they are the same across the board
specific armors give their % dam reduction. but more than 25% will be nerfed and different enemies has their own piercing to make it le hardcore. Armor is just marginally better at boss and against heavy weapons.
>>
>>334413041
That's what I just said you mongoloid you think you made a quality build but you're using a strength weapon on a strength build.
>>
>>334413257
Oh fuck. I just realized my terminology has been wrong the whole time. I meant to say min/max, not quality. My bad.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>334407773
>anal londo
>>
>>334406973
I've only beaten the Deacons of the Deep, and I only really had trouble with the first boss who handed my ass to me for about 1 and a half hours. I don't think any of the other bosses I have had to fight more than 5 times.
>>
>>334413375
>Anal Rodeo
>>
>>334413475
>I've only beaten the easy part and this isn't hard
Come back when you've beaten Pontiff let alone Champion Gundyr, the twin princes or the Nameless king.
>>
>>334406973
They could stand to buff some bosses a bit
It's dumb that the Abysswalkers stagger in one hit
>>
File: 1452370915_hqdefault.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1452370915_hqdefault.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
>>
>>334407773
>her
watch it closely, when it pull out the bow, run to the furthest corner
>>
>>334406973
EVERYONES DIFFERENT AND EXPERIENCES THE GAME DIFFERENTLY HOW HARD IS THAT TO GRASP

HOLY FUCK THESE THREADS
>>
>>334413626
I'm sure there are harder bosses, but I'm just saying I've only found 1 hard so far out of the 5 or so I've beaten.
>>
>>334409719
attack one with an arrow and kill it
>>
>>334408610
Nah, magic is f8ne, you just have to specialize in it and not be afraid of using soul weapon spells if needed.
>>
>>334412283
I could be wrong with the ember part, most of the time the ember gave me more survivability but sometimes it did nothing, idnu, maybe im overthinking this
>>
>die honestly 8-10+ times to some of the harder bosses because my range is fuckall on my weapon

it's not fair really butcher cleaver is so bad
>>
>>334409191
>>334411293
I think you guys just aren't used to the timing. I have always died multiple times in the other games. But I have hardly died at all in this game. Now, I'm not speed running, so I do take my time with each fight, but the like three times I have died was once because I rolled off a ledge, and another was when I walked into the basement of the tower in the undead area, went to grab that item with like 20% health, and didn't know that enemy was even in the room. So he one shotted me.
>>
>>334411517
I agree about the bosses but disagree about the levels. Areas in DeS are generally harder than in DaS
>>
>>334406973
There is 1 reason why this game is easy.

Shield.

You get a 100% physical protection shield from the get-go. I'm currently playing Scholars of the First Sin while I make money for a R9 380X (currently a GTX 950 and it'a chugging 20FPS, I fucked something in the settings) and I have a 90.5 % protection shield. SO, when you start the game and the mobs need to hit you three times to even stagger you, it's fucking easy. I actually had someone from /vg/ EXPLAIN THE SHIELD STUFF to me. I hereby thank you, nameless Anon from /vg/, I am becoming git gud god. Thank you.
>>
>>334409185
It's all personalong experience. I beat Vordt in one try, ez. I have about 20 attempts logged on Pontiff Shithead.

In BB, I beat Father Gascoigne in 2 tries, but had my ass raped many times by the Cleric Beast.
>>
File: 1402786360691.png (144 KB, 362x503) Image search: [Google]
1402786360691.png
144 KB, 362x503
>>334406973
I feel you OP.

Here's what you need to realize, though: Most of /v/ is using phantoms so they don't realize how difficult the bosses are. So they go in there with their 4 man boss team and destroy it and then they come here and complain about how the game is too easy.

Apparently they didn't get the memo about summoning being Dark Souls' optional easy mode.
>>
i cant beat the fucking nameless king, he just wrecks my shit, any advice?
>>
Why are there dead dragons all over the high Wall of Lothric? Is this a DS reference? I never played earlier games.
>>
>>334411060
it's probably base damage + percentage, so that way if you do stack retarded health you don't just roll through everything.
>>
>>334414148

you're retarded, shields are nerfed to fuck is this game. 100 percent physical doesnt matter when every enemy can guard break you in one to two hits
>>
do you only get staggered when your stamina runs out or is there another hidden stat that staggers you when it runs out?
>>
>>334414417
Pretty much this.
>>
>>334414148
So, just like every other Souls game in existence?

Shield is and always was the ''easy mode'' of Dark Souls. Also, I think that dodging is much more fun and satisfying than staying behind a shield 24/7 like a fag.
>>
When do invasions start?
>>
>>334414657
roll take 1/10 the amount of stamina to be executed compared to previous game so you are still safer with a shield.
>>
I'm doing my first run with a Greatsword as usual, and honestly ultra greatswords seem like complete shit in this game
Only way to deal damage is to use the charge-up r2 attack, but thats slow as shite and literally impossible to hit some of the bosses with that. Outside of that its more effective to just spam r1 with a non-ultra weapon
Does it change at high str scores? I'm at 24
>>
>>334406973
No, anon. They are lying. You are on /v/.
>>
>>334414657
Well my first death was with the uchigatana guy. 0 before that. So what? 100% physical gets you through long enough. Also, you can swigwalk! That's a change for the easier.

Then
>Pigret want wark whire drinking! Here bomb, fuck you!
Now
>Pigret want wark whire drinking? Sure, why not! Fuck it! Start with great shierd too!
>>
>>334411293
on my first playthrough with 0 summons. I can confirm that it took 10-12 tries to kill the Abyss watchers, but every other boss has only taken anywhere to 1-3 tries. The game is definitely harder than any souls game I've played, but Im having a blast.
>>
>>334414982
upgrading+infuse heavy gem do much more than pumping str with much less cost
>>
>>334408789
Poweful warlord exiled by his own father because he likes dragons. went to live with them over the mountains. A guy just came out no where and killed one your dragons in the head. GEE I WONDER IF HES PISSED
>>
>>334414797
That's true. But I never got why blocking took my health either way and stopped using it. Now that I know how, I'll put it up every now and then when I want to seem like a big guy.

>>334414657
Yeah, I may be retarded, but as I said, I had to stop playing because of 20FPS giving me a headache.
>>
Just beat Vordt and died once to him, so far they're pretty easy. Might just be because I'm used to Souls though
>>
File: 1045-0-1454771492.jpg (350 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1045-0-1454771492.jpg
350 KB, 1920x1080
Bruh
>>
>>334415358
tru lol XD
>>
>>334406973

People will tell you you're bad, but there are bosses that'll fuck you or be easy depending on your build and even your main weapon.

There are bosses that are easier for certian builds than others.

/v/ will claim they've beaten every boss first try and some of them have, But you have to remember that this is a fast board and for each boss they oneshot there's another boss they had to die and learn.

There have been entire threads about the crystal mage boss being bullshit. I beat it first try without even knowing it was there. Not because I'm that good, but because I'm using a quick weapon and maybe I got lucky, or I used the environment properly or whatever.

Basically every other boss I had to die once or twice just to learn how to read telegraphs.

This is the intent of the game design, once you know how to read the boss, it's pretty easy. You just sometimes have to die a couple of times to see the attacks you need to react to.

Stop worrying about how many attempts it takes to learn a fight. Play at your own pace.
>>
>>334415031
>Well my first death was with the uchigatana guy. 0 before that.

ummmm??? thats like 10 minutes into the fucking game lmao

there isnt a single enemy that could possibly kill you before that except the starter boss

wait till you fight black knights and the like, they dont give a single fuck about shields
>>
>>334415358
kys
>>
I stabbed a tree in the balls.
>>
>>334406973
Im at the catacombs. Beat every boss upto and includong the abyss watchers, i've also done cathedral of the deep/decons.
Ive only summoned npcs for abyss and vordt.
And i veat them first time woth npc summons)(katana guy for vordt and some guy who gave me a gesture for summoning him for abyss) I could have beaten vordt solo but fuck it.
>>
>>334415620
Good, looking forward to that.

I OC'd my CPU for this. Nothing. Still 20FPS, I might've fucked shit up. But yeah, looking forward to it.
>>
File: emoji.png (70 KB, 863x190) Image search: [Google]
emoji.png
70 KB, 863x190
>>334415358
>tfw most pc players are playing at lower framerate than ps4 players
>>
>>334406973
i just beat the abyss watchers, most trouble ive had was the first boss to be honest, 3 deaths, the rest have been under that amount
>>
>>334415814
>CPU
doesn't do shit
It's all about the gpu bruh
>>
>>334415947
>lower framerate than ps4
literally not possible.
>>
>>334416080
Live under a rock?
>>
>>334409369
XD I wanna fuck that fursona!
>>
>>334416007
Well true, however I found vids of 950's playing the game at 40 FPS AVERAGE.
>>
Not that guy, but I'm on pc and It works fine on my machine. :^)
>>
>>334412841

this is great, it basically allows you to do fashion while still retaining defence, it's a dream come true that will avoid giant dad meme spamming
>>
>>334406973

Honestly I've been struggling with stupid shit myself OP. Each boss so far has taken me 8+ tries with the exception of Wolnir/Yhorm as they are gimmicky as fuck and not really hard.
>>
>>334414046
I dunno man sometimes I'm just retarded like trying to finish off an enemy instead of waiting for one more safe strike
>>
>>334415947
How? I have a very average PC (4690+970), getting 60FPS locked at 1080p, everything maxed out. The game is incredibly well optimized (and looks great)
>>
>>334416151
No I'm living in the real world where myself and my friends are easily running this game without dips in framerate instead of taking a handful of anonymous complaints and saying they apply to every PC user.

Fuck your autistic ass and your idiotic console war bullshit. If the only way to defend your platform is by belittling others than maybe stop and realise that the PS4 isn't as great as you seem to think it is.
>>
>>334415947
that's not true, gpus from 4 years old can still get 60fps with low settings
>>
File: 1306139017085.png (41 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
1306139017085.png
41 KB, 429x410
>>334415620
>that black knight with UGS
Holy fuck I was running around the area like a bitch fishing for a backstab. His 1 hit destroys my block and half of my life.
>>
>>334416410
Yeah man, I dunno if it's bloodborne habits, but I've taken to dodging and striking once, then going again. I used to fish for backstabs but it seems dangerous now.

Are there more I-frames on the roll now or did I git gud suddenly?
>>
I'm not playing Dark Souls 3 yet(waiting until the DLCs are out), but by my experience there's always a bunch of ways to cheese Souls games if you really want to, like using shield, buying hundreds of poison arrows in dks2, second chance in DeS, using spells, phantoms, abusing circle strafing while turtling with a good shield and so on. The thing is that the difficulty in Souls games are built in a way that make they feel organic/natural, it's up to the player to decide how he wants to play and how hard the games will be for him. Meaning that the difficulty isn't set by a easy, medium and hard option but rather by your own decisions when playing it. Not to mention that most players will get at least a decent level of challenge regardless of their playstyle, unless they summon phantoms which in my opinion breaks the game and are the ''casual mode'' of it.

That's also one of the things that makes Souls games hard but at the same time accessible enough to be bought by millions of people. When you're struggling to make through a area or boss, you can use either/both sheer skill, your brain, different builds, equipment or items and you can even grind to solve your problem. It isn't like say, a hardcore shmup where you either memorize everything and get good, or you won't beat the level, on the contrary, in Dark Souls you've plenty of ways to play and beat it, which is exactly what makes it so interesting compared to other games that are considered hard.

I like to play with fast weapons, without spells and without a shield but that's just me.
>>
>>334408391
Aside from the Defiled Chalice Bosses and some of the DLC Bosses, Bloodborne wasn't really difficult compared to the other Souls games. Have yet to start Dark Souls 3 thou.
>>
>go through game with spear
>meet the cursed tree
>auto lock on is counter productive
>spear has no vertical attacks from roll
>tree weak spots are slightly above its range
>slow attack speed
>total of 6 tries
Fucking christ what was I thinking. Should of just switched to my sword or axe.
>>
>>334412841
The only reason to wear heavy armor in Souls games is for poise. Since poise is useless in both Das2 and 3 heavy armor was made useless as a result. That's not new
>>
File: ss+(2016-04-15+at+07.08.43).png (20 KB, 506x381) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-04-15+at+07.08.43).png
20 KB, 506x381
>>334416260
turn down lighting and depth of field, also go into nvidia control panel and go to "manage 3d settings", find dark souls 3 in the program list and change vr frames to this. apparently this helps with bad framerate issues, my frame rate was pretty decent but changing this option helped noticeably.
>>
>>334417442
What? Spears still have that problem?

What the fuck? Is it that hard to make the spear point aim directly at the center of the lock-on?

I don't give a shit if the shoulder looks like it dislocates itself, just make it fucking work already.

GJ FromSoft.
>>
>>334417562
Confirmed for never using havel in Dark Souls 2, that shit was OP as fuck.

You're right about dks1 and DeS though.
>>
>>334414417

>never use phantoms
>first boss death was abyss watchers

Dont fall for the no-shield meme, you need to combine dodging and blocking by quickly switching from 2 handed to 1 handed, I would have died so many times If I didnt have the ability to pull out a good shield practically instantly.
>>
>>334418062
I messed up one part of my most. Spears do have vertical attack from roll. Personally I've had some trouble getting them to point up, maybe someone else can chime in.
>>
>>334418107
so much exaggeration on the uselessness of armor... Every fucker I saw pvp in dark souls 1 was some faggot with max poise armor.
>>
>>334409264
Truth. Our standards today...
>>
File: 1439481662359.jpg (61 KB, 736x525) Image search: [Google]
1439481662359.jpg
61 KB, 736x525
>>334406973
Im in the beginning but the tree took me 3 tires, crystal sage took me 2 tries and abbys watchers took me 1 try im not sure if im good or bosses are easy. But i cant say that this game is easy. Its hard as fuck but bossess are kinda well... not so hard.
>>
>>334418397
You can control the swing with the vertical axis on the camera, but it's a pain in the ass compared to something like a greatsword overhand swing that just does it normally.

I just used a broadsword for that boss on my first character, that used a spear as well.
>>
>>334409264
After how many tries does it get qualified as hard?
>>
>>334418628
>>334418628
>with the vertical axis on the camera
Wew. Would of never thought of that.
>>
Am I the only one who died to the Deacons? The curse arrives surprisingly fast: when I beat them going as fast as I could, the curse meter had already started to fill
>>
File: 117943009869.jpg (69 KB, 650x722) Image search: [Google]
117943009869.jpg
69 KB, 650x722
>finally kill abyss watchers
>there's a second fight
>no estus left
>>
I just killed the billion monks boss and I haven't died to any of them except the tree. I don't know if I just got gud along the years or if they're pathetically easy.
Well I know Vodrt is.
>>
>>334419715
Make them fight eachother. You shouldn't be needing any flasks in the first phase. Be patient, have a weapon that can stagger them
>>
>>334419715
>using up all your estus in the first phase

m8

Utilize the 3rd Abyss Watcher spawn that helps you.
>>
>>334414525
I'm stuck at him too.
When I get home I'm going to re-spec just a tad and add dragonslayer bow to my arsenal, see if that helps.

On that note, does anyone know if its possible to buy or farm dragonslayer arrows?
>>
You have to realise that most of the autists bragging about 1 shotting bosses have 100's of hours played on the previous iterations.
>>
I took 3 on the tutorial, 12 on the snow lizard, 3 on the tree, and have been getting my ass kicked by the Watchers for about two hours (30 deaths?)

I've beaten every game. It's just not that cool sounding for guys like me to post, let alone completely honestly.

If you beat a Souls game without summoning you're a real man. Time it takes is irrelivant.
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 592x798) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 592x798
>>334406973
It comes down to 2 things

PS4 owners just off of Bloodborne (like myself) find DS3 easy as fuck

I got to the crystal stage without dying once to a boss, seriously, only thing that gave me trouble so far was those knights near vordt

Whereas this is all new to PC and Xbox users so there finding it hard as fuck (not to mention this is there first actual game in years)
>>
I'm usually shit at bosses, but I got the arrow spawning cunt down after 4ish tries.

People were saying she's the hardest in the game, but I had a ton more trouble with the boss right after that.
>>
>sunbro covenant
>drop red soapstone outside boss fog
> troll kids that accidentally summon me
>leave if I see they have other phantoms
>patches squat if fuck their shit up

People need to get good.
>>
>>334420109
Kek

No ive only played bloodborne and have yet to die from a boss in DS3, just beaten that fuck off tree thing
>>
>>334418397
Dragonslayer (sword)spear has less of a problem with this, I find.
I miss that upwards strong thrust from DaS1 though
>>
>>334420371
>PS4 owners just off of Bloodborne
>not to mention this is there first actual game in years
Wow, I guess the first two Souls game just never existed
>>
>>334420283
Agree with this.
I'm also not a hardcore souls player, I've beaten both DkS 1 and 2 twice over the years. I get my shit kicked in by just about every boss, but hey I'm managing and loving it solo.
>>
>>334419857
>>334419849
>3rd Abyss Watcher
So whats the lore here? Are they just constantly bickering over who gets the wolf blood soul? Or did they have a big falling out shortly before your arrival that erupted into a one time massacre with only these 3 left alive?
>>
>>334420283
I'm on the same boat as you. I've only played DS1 and I didn't put in 100+ hours like a lot of people here. While I don't find the game absurdly hard, I have died a decent amount of times to Vordt and Abyss Watchers so far.
>>
>>334420728
I like to think they just got bored and started having fights to pass the time
Probably wrong, but eh
>>
Why put so many shields if you're going to make them useless because >muh BB anime combat?

Why put so many miracles if they can't deal as much damage as a fucking straight sword R1

Why the fuck do spells like heal drain your stamina completely? Wasn't FP taking estus slots and long ass casting times enough of a nerf?

Why put any sorceries when they're even worse than miracles and even lack the support?

Why put dark sorceries and pyromancies when they can only be accessed by an NPC towards the end fo the game and they suck anyway?

Why put poise when it does fuck all and you get stunlocked by R1s and the only "poise" that matters is ultra R2 hyper armor?

Why is everyone twice your size? No seriously even the fucking hollows are twice your size, and the fire keeper is slightly taller than you, like the doll from BB, were they this fucking lazy that had to copy paste the humans transforming into beasts from BB and the doll? How does this make any sense in the DaS universe where hollows, being humans and not gods were always shown your size and the fire keepers were too?

Why are there so many gimmick bosses and the ones that aren't are trivial, with the exception of Nameless king?

Why are there so few weapons that end up sharing movesets and even the fucking weapon arts, the main feature in combat of this game?

Why are there so many reused assets? Isn't this thousands of years later? At least Dark Souls 2 had a shitload of new items, this one seems to reuse more than it introduces, the goddamn kirk armor still has the roll bug from DaS 1, how is this even remotely acceptable for a 60 euro game?

Why does every enviorment look the same like in BloodBorne?

Why are there literally BloodBorne characters and items like Abyss watcher? What the fuck I thought it was Gascogne for a moment, wasn't aware I was playing Dark Souls X Bloodborne.

No seriously, how is magic even remotely acceptable as it is? Did they playtest this thing? How did this get through QA?
>>
>>334420876
why post this same shit in every thread you gigantic faggot?
>>
>>334420728
>>334420813
Pretty sure the abyss drove them mad, as it does with anyone.
>>
How do I get git gud at the Pontiff? This guy is wrecking my asshole.
>>
>>334420876
I said this earlier but this game feels like what bloodborne was in its prototype stage
>>
Nameless King is a kinda gay fight. The only difficulty with the fight was the timing on his swings but thats kinda nullified if you stick close to him.

I wanted to like it but it just wasn't that good.
>>
Just hit the consumed King's garden. How far from the end am I?
>>
>>334419238
10-20+
>>
>>334420975

No one can answer so
>>
>>334420813
I like this answer

>>334420981
But this seems mkre likely, or the fighting over the wolf blood

They do seem to "co-operate" at the end by giving all their blood to the main guy.
>>
Aldrich is a being a shithead.
Any tips?
>>
>>334420728
"they fight any abyss creature. but anybody can become an abyss creature."
-some random kraut
>>
>>334420483
i hope you didn't read up on the fights beforehand, that would be even worse
>>
>>334421413
Not sure if they're 'co-operating' or that he's absorbing their strength from killing them.
>>
File: 1418479974683.gif (183 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1418479974683.gif
183 KB, 500x500
I'm more surprised people found Abyss Watchers hard. It was just roll, roll, poke. You can even backstab them while they're fighting each other in Phase 1. Was it harder for shield users or something?

Not even bragging, I had trouble with other bosses. Crystal Sage was way harder for me.
>>
How do I stand my ground in PvP with magic? Everybody I encounter just chases me with greatswords and there isn't fuckall I can do.

>inb4 stop using magic
>>
>>334421535
They'd be a lot harder if they had higher poise
I think it's retarded that any boss would stagger in only a single hit
>>
>>334406973
I beat the game last night and beat most bosses first try

Nameless King took me like 9 tries, final boss took me 3, dancer took me 2, aldritch took me 3, princes took me 3, Dragonslayer armor took me 2

The rest were first try
>>
>>334421642
Maybe that's the reason it was easy for me. I was using Lucerne and every single hit staggered them, including the last phase.
>>
>>334421419
pump dark defense
make sure you can roll 3 time in a row, hit then roll again.
close the gap when he use dark spear and homing spear, whack his tail.run to the furthest corner when he pull out a bow, run to the middle when he use the burrow move.
>>
>>334420876
>Why is everyone twice your size?

Pretty sure Miyazaki said that this was a design choice to make the player feel small

Bosses aren't actually superhuman giants, they're just modeled the way that the player expects them to be

Bosses wouldn't be that exciting if they weren't big
>>
>>334421714
I used either a shortsword or an Irithyll straight sword and that was more than enough to stagger them. I hope they do fix that later
>>
>>334421838

>Bosses aren't actually superhuman giants, they're just modeled the way that the player expects them to be

>Bosses wouldn't be that exciting if they weren't big

This is the stupidiest thing I've ever read

I hope this isn't actually the case
>>
>>334421714
I was sunbroing for Abyss Watchers and started a backstab animation right at the end of the first phase.
After the cut scene ended the 2nd phase was already done because the damage was delayed.
Point of this story: 2nd phase has almost no health
>>
>Don't do any summons
>Play all areas solo
>Get stuck on snowy castle level
Fuck why is this level so fucking hard holy shit
This area is fucking Dark Souls 2 : The Stage
>>
>>334421838
The best bosses in bloodborne were other hunters and things roughly your size (apart from ludwig)
>>
>>334422005
That's why World of Warcraft does it.
>>
>>334411317
In DS2 armor reduced fixed amount of damage per point, so if you get 50 more AR and will attack something with r1 attack (it has x1 modifier from AR), you will actually do 50 more damage regardless of armor.
>>
File: 1420082582961.jpg (43 KB, 314x316) Image search: [Google]
1420082582961.jpg
43 KB, 314x316
>Seeing people bitch about the Abyss Watchers all over the place
>"BRUH HOW WUZ I SPOSED TO KNOW THAT U SHUD MAKE THEM FIGHT EACH OTHER???"
>Literally the very area before you enter the fog wall has enemies that get baited into attacking each other to teach you this shit

Why are people such morons?
>>
>>334421535

crystal sage took me one death, while watchers was at least 10
>>
The crystal sage scared the fuck out of me and i have no idea why

Shit is just creepy for some reason
>>
>>334422138
Irithyll is basically Bloodborne: The Level.
>>
>>334422282

i dont think people are having trouble with the first stage
>>
>>334422138
>Dark Souls 2
>Hard

Are you a fucking invalid?
>>
>>334422138
Yeah, there is some serious bullshit there. I sprinted through most of it.

The dungeon underneath is fun as fuck though.
>>
>>334422282
There's a cutscene that shows them fighting each other too.
>>
>>334406973
It's not the bosses that are hard. Most of the time I'm battling the fucking camera or the fucking buffered commands.
>>
>>334422282
That and the very cutscene before the boss fight literally shows them murdering one another.
>>
>>334406973
I beat every boss on the first or second try up til Dancer. She took 10 or so because I couldn't read her very well. She'd start up a tell and then hold it for longer than expected and I'd just dash into it. Or sometimes she'd follow up attacks and sometimes she wouldn't so I'd go in to attack thinking I had a chance and then she'd clobber me mid swing.
>>
>>334422390
>Dark Souls 2
>Just pile 2-3 AoE caster enemies, 3 standard melee enemies that have a special one-shot ability and 3-4 enemies with unending combos

There's hard and there's stupid.
>>
>>334422229

World of Warcraft does it because you have 25 people hitting on the same guy so you have to be able to see shit
>>
>>334422390
I've found DaS2 to be the most difficult of any of the Souls games simply because the Souls combat isn't designed for fighting large groups and that is all you ever fought in DaS2.

The bosses were mostly all piss easy though, only Blue Smelter (which was only due to the run to the fog wall being bullshit) and Fume gave me trouble.
>>
>>334422687
dancer ai was designed that way so you have to initiate attack and react, not waiting to punishe her.
that, or from is just incompetent. ds3 ai is the worset out of all soul games.
>>
>>334422760

I've played DaS 2 on launch when miracles were horribly OP and it was still more challenging than DaS 3

The Bloodborne rolls are so broken you get a shitton of I frames and you can roll for age, it's so stupid
>>
>>334411306
>>334411507
It's not 100 percent THIS you fucking tools

If you would've played Bloodborne at all, you wouldn't say that at all, nor you ever laid hand on the Old Hunters in NG, nor will you ever in NG+ because you are pussies

nothing more than pussies, just shittalking others instead of refining your art and visual perception.

It's not our fault your senses are dull and untrained.
>>
>>334423040
now pyromancy is horribly OP and lighting and sorcery is garbitch
>>
File: 1333516692539.png (146 KB, 593x572) Image search: [Google]
1333516692539.png
146 KB, 593x572
>abyss walkers form 2
does EVERY boss need a "now i'm angry!" form?

its really started to lose it's appeal.
>>
Does anyone else use the Calamity Ring?
>>
>>334423819
I thought it was cool as fuck aesthetically, the effects from the flaming sword were amazing.
>>
>>334423819
Yeah From shoved in transformations/phases to tons of boss fights because it was well received in BB, hell even O&S is constantly praised as a fight so they decided to hamfist it everywhere in 3.

Wait til you have to deal with Pontiff/Dancer/Twin Princes
>>
>>334423358
I'm actually pretty decent at the games hence I can clear them while only dying to certain bosses 1 or 2 times.

That doesn't change the fact that most people lament how easy the series is because they're attempting to brag.

I don't care about you or some other dumbass. I'm talking macro.
>>
>>334423819
I always wished there would be a boss that would actually get weaker or show signs of injury the closer they were to being beaten.
>>
>>334423819
Doesn't it sort of make sense that a boss would initially underestimate you, and then start taking the fight more seriously when they realize that their life is in danger?
>>
>>334424278
Sif.
>>
>>334408610
>All magic is shit
that's a good thing family
Souls series is a game about combat, not running away like a cuck and cheesing
>>
>>334424456
From the first game? I never played it
>>
>>334406973
They're so easy, it's insulting.
>>
File: 1456627974527.jpg (51 KB, 720x667) Image search: [Google]
1456627974527.jpg
51 KB, 720x667
>>334424538
>>
>>334424369
maybe for a more serious/special boss, but every random mook boss changes shit at half health.

maybe they could have just kept them normal and made the changes at half health a new game+ thing.
>>
>>334424498

Well they fucked up the combat by turning it into Bloodborne 2 anyway
>>
>>334424957
maybe if sonycucks didn't force their only game as "teh best game evar" we would have dark souls instead of bloodborne 2
>>
File: 1418456132382.png (131 KB, 223x246) Image search: [Google]
1418456132382.png
131 KB, 223x246
Why didn't the Abyss Watchers just kill each other over time?
>>
>>334425281
they did

that's why the boss fight takes place on a mountain of corpses, those 3 are the last of an entire legion
>>
File: image.jpg (152 KB, 720x539) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
152 KB, 720x539
>>334425070
Or maybe if you PC cucks didnt turn the series into a meme franchise we wouldnt need ANOTHER dark souls in the first place

Sucks being a sonybro desu we have to wait for you faggots to get your shitty from game and wait until the true sequal to bloodborne comes out

Pic related what happens when PC faggots get ahold of a respected series
>>
>>334425281
They keep reraising as long as one of them is alive. You made it so that all of them died which means you are the last one standing now. The only way for them to die was for someone to kill the last one standing.
>>
>>334414417
this, only casual use phantoms
>>
>>334425636
if its PCbros fault that Darksouls is shit now than why is Bloodborne such garbage?
>>
>>334416376
>low settings
KEKED
>>
>>334415947
in your dreams sonyponie
>>
File: 1433605134194.gif (93 KB, 489x540) Image search: [Google]
1433605134194.gif
93 KB, 489x540
>>334425807
>low setting still look better than PS4

rofl
>>
File: 1458092020042.jpg (47 KB, 621x502) Image search: [Google]
1458092020042.jpg
47 KB, 621x502
>died a million times to Aldrich

That phase 2 arrow attack wast the worst.
>>
>>334406973
Anyone else utterly disappointing by how much of a push over Wolnir is?

Niggas design and concept is great but the fight is so fucking easy
>>
File: DARK-SOULS-III_20160327083930.jpg (325 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DARK-SOULS-III_20160327083930.jpg
325 KB, 1920x1080
What the fuck, I can't read half of his attacks at all. When he splits, should I try and kill the phantom first or just focus on the main one?
>>
>>334421635
Poison or mercury mists. Use the soul weapon spells. Make sure you have the ring that speeds up casting.
>>
>>334406973
Only died to like 1 or 2 bosses more than once, most of my deaths come from other enemies. ("what is stamina" knights)
>>
>>334425960
Why do PC players all pretend to have high end PCs more powerful than a ps4

I already know for a fact that its like 12 percent of PC players who actually can run games like DS3 with max everything
>>
>>334426402
if he's not recovering from a heavy attack, hold up that fucking shield
>>
>>334422282
I only had trouble in the second phase

because I poured all the points I meant to put in endurance into attument without realising because I'm so used to endurance being under vitality

I fucking love the build up to that though, all those signs indicating the nature of the boss(the dark wraiths killing those swamp creatures, the sounds of the clashing swords, the cutscene etc.)I feel like it also speaks about the nature of PvP too with mad spirits thrown into the mix, almost making it a free for all in some cases.
>>
Whats the best Strength weapon thats not over sized clubs and greatswords? Im thinking of using the Dark sword and Caestus
>>
File: 1458597721957.jpg (30 KB, 514x536) Image search: [Google]
1458597721957.jpg
30 KB, 514x536
Who "wants to co-op but scared that you'll embarrass yourself" here?
>>
>>334426242

Design is great? He got downgraded to fuck, look at the trailer
>>
>>334409719
>>334410628
>>334413889
Is there anything worth down there? Just noped the fuck back up that ladder once I saw there's two of them.
>>
>>334418220
That's the point of the no shield run it makes the game less easy. Using a shield or summons feels like cheating unless the boss feels designed for it.
>>
>>334426923
>That's the point of the no shield run it makes the game less easy. Using a shield or summons feels like cheating unless the boss feels designed for it.
Be a man faggit. Not running around naked and killing everything barefisted, as wearing any sort of gear/weapon feels like cheating
>>
>>334426921

Yeah something good and a covenant
>>
>>334426892
Yeah his design/concept, I could care less if his graphic fidelity was downgraded because I'm not talking about graphic fidelity, I'm talking about design
>>
>>334426923
>>334427175
Rolling is like 1000 times more cheating
>>
File: 1337454357178.jpg (24 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1337454357178.jpg
24 KB, 500x281
>>334419715
>Fighting the Abyss Watchers
>get wrecked by the 2nd form twice
>third time going in

>he somehow just fucking dies right after the transformation cutscene
>get the souls, the ash, the everything
>but for some reason, he's still there and attacking, but with the health level of an average enemy

what the fuck
>>
File: frogman.png (2 MB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
frogman.png
2 MB, 900x900
kek looks like I pissed some people off
>>
>>334427229

>big skelly with jewels is great design

Pretty sure castlevania had something similar more than a decade ago
>>
File: 1333606318231.png (195 KB, 500x295) Image search: [Google]
1333606318231.png
195 KB, 500x295
>>334426242
I really expected that fight to be a little more epic than it was.

it wound up being about speed and luck, reaching and smacking the bangles before he can pull any shenanigans
>>
>>334423998
I was trying it but then Havel turned me into his sex slave so I took it off.
>>
File: 1460245726774.png (44 KB, 275x299) Image search: [Google]
1460245726774.png
44 KB, 275x299
>>334427787
>Its been done before therefore the design is shit

wow gee, looks like every design for anything in any type of media is shit oh woe is me
>>
File: are you a sword.jpg (82 KB, 520x624) Image search: [Google]
are you a sword.jpg
82 KB, 520x624
>all these guys that don't know the pain of the Nameless King yet
You will all learn very soon
>>
File: God has forsaken us.jpg (131 KB, 1024x924) Image search: [Google]
God has forsaken us.jpg
131 KB, 1024x924
>>334406973
Yes and no, some bosses were piss easy for me, but some knocked me on the dirt, I'm agressive so bosses that require you to think before you act usually kill me pretty easily.
Pic unrelated
>>
>>334426402
Just give it all you have WHILE he splits the shadow should die in 4-5 hits then finish him off
>>
>>334426090
I died to it once because I was expecting the same as phase 1. Now I just book it and run in a circle until they stop.

Unfortunately hosts do not do that, they run into a corner and try to turtle and get ded
>>
>>334428961
Excuse me, good sir, may I please have a source on that picture? It looks like it's at the utmost of cringe and I would like to see the rest.
>>
>>334426619
>using shield

Just walk around him and dodge.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 63

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.