[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, how shit is it going to be, power-wise? Remember, the Wii
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: nx mockup.jpg (62 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
nx mockup.jpg
62 KB, 1920x1080
So, how shit is it going to be, power-wise?

Remember, the Wii U was "rumored" to be several times more powerful than the PS3
>>
All we can do is take guesses. Without knowing what price point and TDP Nintendo is targeting, the guesses wouldn't even be all that educated, either.

We don't even have confirmation that AMD is the chip set supplier.
>>
Cant wait to see how hard they're going to push amiibo with it
>>
>>334406652
We don't even know if it's a home console.
>>
It absolutely won't surprise me if it's just very slightly better than the PS4. There's no reason for them to aim higher than that because they'll easily be outperformed a few years later anyways by the other new systems.

All they need is to be able to say "We're stronger than those guys" and have a cheaper or similar price while having the new "AAA" multiplat games to get people hyped up for it.
>>
>>334406652
They'll use some gimmick like "cloud processing" to claim its super powerful but may just be as strong as the ps4 as the ps4.5 comes out. The ps4.5 is also pretty hilarious, its basically proving that console fags would really prefer a PC that they could upgrade for 300~dollerydoos for the sake of better graphics and functionality.
>>
>>334406652

It will be less powerful than the xbone.
>>
File: NX-Controller.jpg (33 KB, 610x343) Image search: [Google]
NX-Controller.jpg
33 KB, 610x343
Touch screen controllers are future, no buttons
>>
>>334408385
As a consolefag I'm not very tech-saavy and would probably fuck up putting a PC together so I am ok with this, or the conveniance and simplicity of it.
>>
>>334406652
There is really no guessing, it's do or die for Nintendo. They could surprise everyone in a last ditch effort to turn things around or continue to make the same mistakes and crash.
>>
If it's not at least as powerful as the PS4, there will be riots.

I won't be shocked or mad if the next Sony/Microsoft console is stronger, but Nintendo needs to step up.
>>
>>334406652
>Remember, the Wii U was "rumored" to be several times more powerful than the PS3
It was, in terms of energy-efficiency. Its performance-per-watt is way higher than the PS3's.
>>
>>334406652
I don't know why anyone was surprised the Wii U was so underpowered. The PS4 was supposed to be 8 times more powerful than the PS3 according to Sony. Same for Xbone.
>>
>>334409603
fuck that shit
>>
>>334408192
But then the PS4k will be out and will be more powerful
>>
>>334406652
If it's a new box-top home console and not a handheld, I assume it'll be stronger than the PS4, but not game-changingly so. Nintendo hasn't competed on raw power since the Gamecube era.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.