[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went so wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: guild wars 2.jpg (739 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
guild wars 2.jpg
739 KB, 1920x1080
What went so wrong?
>>
>>334406287
everything with the expansion
>>
>>334406287

it's not Guild Wars 1
>>
File: 1448329203146.png (125 KB, 250x279) Image search: [Google]
1448329203146.png
125 KB, 250x279
not much (at launch at least)

I haven't played GW1 but I enjoyed GW2 for quite a while, classes were interesting, skill combinations were amazing and made PvP interesting aswell, exploring the maps and finding hidden dungeons, quests and especially jumping puzzles were really neat

by now I've heard that they actually removed a lot of those skill combinations/functionalities and streamlined the whole thing in your typical MMO fashion but I kind of lost interest before way before that since all of my friends stopped playing because "it's not GW1"
>>
There's literally zero endgame. Even now after so many updates and an expansion, there's no reason to not log out and uninstall after hitting max level.
Getting there IS fun though, I have to give it that.
>>
File: 1456974302370.jpg (2 MB, 3150x2910) Image search: [Google]
1456974302370.jpg
2 MB, 3150x2910
>>334406287
I have another
>>
File: 1455558064947.png (595 KB, 2543x2338) Image search: [Google]
1455558064947.png
595 KB, 2543x2338
>>334406287
>>334407129
Still holds true for HoT only now you are forced into group play and PvP is even worse.
>>
>>334406287
It's an MMO with 60(probably more now) levels where you get all your abilities at around level 15 and then never have to change them
>>
>>334406287
Everyone who worked on 2 had never played 1.
>>
1. many fewer builds (only one viable one per profession usually)
2. absolutely awful story
3. nothing to do post-level80
4. no quests/exploration
>>
Fractals
>>
>>334406287
It was an MMO past 2006.
>>
File: gw020.jpg (218 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
gw020.jpg
218 KB, 1920x1080
The pvp builds are pay to win as fuck, only a few of the classic builds are even mid tier. The HoTs talents are all overloaded and shit out stability everywhere, new skills hardly have cast times.
>>
Anybody still playing GW1? Cantha is barren.
>>
>>334406287

They named it Guild Wars
>>
>>334406715
It's not even guild wars 2
>>
I used to like it as a casual player. I liked to log on, maybe clear 1/2 - 1 whole map, (at least when I was still doing world completion), do my dailies, maybe a couple world bosses, then I could log off after a couple of hours. It was an MMO that I didn't need to dedicate my life to to enjoy. The expansion completely shit on this though. It made ascended armor even more important, and for some reason they actually made it even more expensive to get than it was before hand. Unless you have a bunch of bots playing the trading post, the gold income that you can get from regular play is so fucking abysmal that its honestly probably 50 - 100 hours of farming gold to get enough to craft a full set of ascended armor (including getting up to level 500 in the crafting discipline). And instead of making the only actual fun parts of the game give gold, they end up making it so that chest trains are 4 or 5 times more profitable than dungeons or raids, since they refuse to give out any sort of reward that isn't 2 blues and a green. The expansion also added in pretty huge class updates, which is fun, but then decided to lock those behind dozens of hours of boring grinding as well.

Who is the game even made for at this point? They decided to say fuck you to the original players off GW1 to attract a new audience, but then they actively make decisions that go against what attracted that new audience to the game (What the fuck ever happened to no grinding?) It's nolonger an MMO that you can casually play, but there is nothing at all in the game for people who play a lot. The expansion only added in like 3 fucking armor sets, even though dressup was the only semblance of a fucking endgame.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.