[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Counter-Strike
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1.6-Ak47.png (75 KB, 670x346) Image search: [Google]
1.6-Ak47.png
75 KB, 670x346
Why do weapons in 1.6 sound so much better than their Global Offensive counterparts?
>>
>>334403803

Nostalgia headphones.
>>
>>334403803
Condition Zero is even better
>>
>>334403803
because in the past, game devs focused on delivering "impact" with both visuals, map-design, and audio-design. Nowadays, however, too many developers only aim for "realism", and use pre-canned IRL gun sounds, that don't have the same "impact" as custom-made mixes or the real things in reality.

The Team-Silent's sound designer and composer, Akira Yamaoka, put it quite well in one interview few years ago, telling how he combined gunshot sounds with the noise of banging steel drums with a baseball bat, just to recreate that eardrum-popping feeling of power firearms should have.
>>
>>334404218
It isn't nostalgia at all. Turn your volume up (~80) and fire an AK in 1.6, then try emptying an AK magazine in CS:GO at the same volume. The latter will likely deafen you temporarily from the audio clipping, it's horrendous.
>>
>>334403803
Because the graphics are ass and your nostalgia goggles have nothing else to focus on
>>
>>334404218
>>334405461
You have to be 18+ to post here, fuck off.
>>
>>334403803
Because literally every facet of 1.6 is better than its CS:NO counterpart.
>>
>>334406983
Graphics.
Smokes that actually work.
Molotovs are fun.
Some argue pistols are OP, but it's more fun to play ecos with stronger pistols.
There are more viable guns overall.
>>
>>334404642
>Nowadays, however, too many developers only aim for "realism", and use pre-canned IRL gun sounds

Really? Then why do they sound so piss weak?
>>
>>334407947
read that wrong, nvm
>>
>>334407432
>L4D2 engine for CS:GO
Why the FUCK
>>
>>334403803
1.6/CSS has the best sounds, goddamn that AK sound effect
EKK EKK EKK EKK EKK EKK EKK EKK EKK EKK
>>
>>334408068
>Valve game uses a version of Source engine
Inconceivable!
>>
>>334408068
as opposed to what? Its the latest version of source
>>
File: CS LOD.jpg (236 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
CS LOD.jpg
236 KB, 1920x1200
>>334407432
Smokes work in 1.6 pretty well.
Graphics are not important at all pic. related is how i play.
> it's more fun to play ecos with stronger pistols.
Spend 3k/get random running headshot from someone who spent 800. wow so fun
>>
>>334408583
>Smokes work in 1.6 pretty well.
IIRC there was some way to reduce your graphics settings to the point where they would not be drawn.
>pic. related is how i play
Looks cute, what's the settings? Is there any FPS gain if I have a bad PC?
>Spend 3k/get random running headshot from someone who spent 800
Wouldn't it be nice if having more money than the other team would be a guaranteed win?
>>
>>334408583

lol nice viewmodel
>>
>>334408810
Just google lodbias. It's not about FPS gain, mostly about keeping it clean and sharp.
Keep in mind that you have to turn it off for ESEA and tournaments, because as it seems cluttered vision and hard to see models is an important feature of the game.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.