[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>people shitting on Doom Why do crybaby nostalgic fags ruin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (139 KB, 764x764) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139 KB, 764x764
>people shitting on Doom

Why do crybaby nostalgic fags ruin everything?
>>
>>334398183
>Halo was my first FPS: The Post
>>
File: image.jpg (113 KB, 500x646) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113 KB, 500x646
>>334398183
Because the game is awful even if you took away the Doom name. I think it's less about nostalgia and more about people actually realizing that it's pretty shit.
>>
It's genuinely bad, you're probably bad at FPS games and very edgy. I'm 20 and have no nostalgia for old Doom. Just stop being retarded?
>>
>>334398183
>I'm a pussy who cares what other people says about the games i want to play

This gen of players, lads.
>>
>>334398543
>>334398641
Except lain how it's shit without buzzwords.
>>
>>334398183
Because the multiplayer feels exactly like the shitty tacked on multiplayer that so many games used to have before devs realized it was a waste of time. But now they're doing it again with Doom and trying to pretend it's a real multiplayer mode when it's just tacked on garbage.

I guarantee the multiplayer with have a population of one thousand or less within 6 months. That's unfortunate because I do think the game is fun, just not fun enough to hold my attention long enough.
>>
>>334398859
It's not actually bad, it's just not memorable or exciting.
>>
File: image.jpg (571 KB, 1877x1050) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
571 KB, 1877x1050
>>334398859
It takes the Doom name and either does nothing new to it in an attempt to rake in the nostalgia fans, or it tries way too hard to be gritty and over-the-top to the point where it becomes boring.

My biggest complaint, though, is how fucking terrible the netcode was on every server. As an amerifat I felt like I was playing in fucking Singapore.
>>
>>334398859
What does Serial Experiments Lain have to do with DOOM?
>>
>>334398183
Fuck you. I shilled the game until the alpha and even during closed beta i stayed cautiously optimistic. Having actually played myself during open beta, ill torrent the game for singleplayer and then go back to superior community wads and making my own. This game is fucked now.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.