[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Silent Hill General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8
File: Silent Hill.png (935 KB, 1798x821) Image search: [Google]
Silent Hill.png
935 KB, 1798x821
Let's discuss the best horror series ever.
>>
Thats accurate.
Imma play some Silent hill 1 i think.
>>
SH series sucks as a whole
>the 'scares' boil down to spooky sounds and blood stains everywhere
>monsters are just badly designed body horror that is more hilarious than scary
>story is generic 'random cult of who gives a fuck did some dark magic and fuck you anyway'
>""""""""puzzles""""""""'" are just a laundry list of things you must collect and assign in irrational manner to open a fucking door, none of them have any wit or logic
>gameplay consists of solving terrible puzzles and combat so bad most players ignore it entirely
Eh, I guess SH2 deserves some praise for having a story without retarded cults, and at least some character
>>
>>334394041
It sucks knowing it'll never return to the glory days of 1-3
>>
>>334395030
I can prove you wrong in all your opinions, but i dont know if i should really discuss with you or you are just shitposting
Dont wanna waste time, you know. Help me.
>>
File: 1456535654981.jpg (72 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
1456535654981.jpg
72 KB, 709x765
>>334395320
>>
Are we collectively pretending that SH4 wasn't great?
>>
File: 1460295283939.gif (148 KB, 540x400) Image search: [Google]
1460295283939.gif
148 KB, 540x400
>Horror games will never be this good ever again
>>
>>334397354
No, we're not. I'd probably put SH4 on 'Contrarian'. Either way, SH4 is fucking GOAT.
>>
>Best horror series ever.
>Not Fatal Frame...
>>
>SH3
>contrarian
Bait
>>
>>334398317
I wish i could replay Fatal frame, i do not own a ps2 anymore
And ps2 emulators are shit
>>
>>334398515
Yeah SH3 has definitely better combat.
>>
>>334398949
>>334398515
Too bad the decisions of Heather are trash
>you know, ill just take the subway back to home, ill just ignore everything that happened! the space and time got screwed but hey, im sure the subway will take me back to home!
>oh! im home! you know dad, crazy shit happened, you are gonna laugh!
Who the fuck reacts like that
>>
>>334398517
Well, I think Pcsx2 is a pretty good one. The only annoying part is that you need Bios, but you can download them anywhere so...
>>
>>334399327
I mean they are not shit, im just trash at emulating
I dont know how to configure, i have a laptop but i should be able to emulate ok the games
There are so many PS2 games i would love to play but damn...
>>
I have never played a Silent Hill. Always meant to go back and play. Didn't I hear there was a somewhat modern(ish?) SH1 remake? Or did I imagine that. Maybe it was a prequel.

For someone with no nostalgia, where is best to start
>>
>>334399560
With no nostalgia? just play 2 i think
Then play SH1, then 3.
>>
>>334399502
perhaps if you're in search of specific games try googling [game] emulation and maybe add your emulator, some images and pastas are bound to pop up if theyve been made
>>
>>334394041
Dark souls / bloodborne hands down
Other games try too hard to be scary by putting in excessive gore, random gimmicks (like walking through a hallway over and over), or they ignore the "game" aspect and turn it into a walking simulator with scripted spooks. The souls series manages to have really scary environments, surprising jump scares, and hideously creative enemies, all within the framework of good, engaging gameplay. Dark Souls is what other horror games should aspire to be, but unfortunately the horror genre is defined by the shitty meme games that Pewdiepie popularizes.
>>
>>334399560
If you have never touched any game from the series, I'd rec you to play SH2 for a more modern and polished experience. SH1 is still my favorite tho'.
>>
>>334399837
All that you have to do is run with your shield up through every new area that you don't know in a souls game and you should never be scared
>>
>>334399837
the fanboy is strong with this one
>>
>>334399909
You asked to discuss the best horror series, and I obliged. Problem?
>>
File: ACE DETECTIVE.jpg (229 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ACE DETECTIVE.jpg
229 KB, 1280x720
>>334394041
Silent Hill 2 = Silent Hill 3 > Silent Hill 1 > Silent Hill 0rigins > Silent Hill Shattered Memories = Silent Hill 4 > Shit > Silent Hill Homecoming > Silent Hill Downpour.

And there's nothing you can do to prove me wrong.
>>
>>334400007
>>334399982
lol trolled hard
>>
>>334400117
lol you actually just got reverse-trolled xD
>>
>>334399837
>Dark Souls/Bloodborne are scary games

Please be a joke
Please be a joke
Please be a joke
Please be a joke

You have never played a horror game, have you?
>>
>>334395461
I'd advise you to state your points as I am interested in seeing what makes SH not suck
>>
>>334399837
I'd call you fucking moron, but I just got to the Undead Settlement in III and I can honestly say I haven't felt this unnerved and disgusted in a long time.
>>
>>334399837
You're missing the point here.

>Other games try too hard to be scary by putting in excessive gore, random gimmicks (like walking through a hallway over and over), or they ignore the "game" aspect and turn it into a walking simulator with scripted spooks.
Have you thought maybe survival horror is not for you? The awesome thing about these kind of games are exactly the gore, exploration, repetition, and scripted books, bizarre lore.

> The souls series manages to have really scary environments, surprising jump scares, and hideously creative enemies, all within the framework of good, engaging gameplay.
Yea, souls series is pretty neat and everything, but it ain't no horror. I have never got scared by any enemies in the series. I have never felt disturbed by its scenarios whatsoever. SH and Souls have completly different appeals.

>Dark Souls is what other horror games should aspire to be
hell no

>but unfortunately the horror genre is defined by the shitty meme games that Pewdiepie popularizes.
yes. modern 'survival horror' fucking sucks. jumpscares suck. pewdiepie aswell.
>>
>>334399837
I love both those games to death, but they are not scary. Not even a little bit. Step up your survival horror game bro.
>>
Why discuss when you can shit up the thread replying to bait
>>
>>334395030
shut the fuck up tomm

silent hill 2 sucks, especially compared to its predecessor
>>
that image sucks, swap SH1 and SH3 and it would be fine
>>
File: Tomm_Hulett.jpg (27 KB, 200x297) Image search: [Google]
Tomm_Hulett.jpg
27 KB, 200x297
hey guys :) you should really buy Silent Hill HD Collection™ as its the best way to enjoy these gems.
>>
>>334401238
>>
Add 4 and Origins to contrarian, Place SH3 and SH1 in "Good Taste" and leave SH2 and SM in Patrician
>>
Honestly? I enjoyed Downpour, I thought it was an alright game, though lacking as a Silent Hill title.
>>
>>334401516
>SM in Patrician

Did we play the same game?
>>
File: ay yo hol up.png (86 KB, 177x237) Image search: [Google]
ay yo hol up.png
86 KB, 177x237
>>334403134
You didn't like it?
>>
>>334398005
You're my nigga now. Just remember that.
>>
>>334401516

I want SMfags to pls leave
>>
>>334405157
:'^)
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.