[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Dark Souls >enemies have slow but powerful attacks that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 83
File: ds3.jpg (220 KB, 1200x650) Image search: [Google]
ds3.jpg
220 KB, 1200x650
>Dark Souls
>enemies have slow but powerful attacks that can be parried or dodged
>enemies usually leave themselves open after such attacks
>enemies are somewhat too slow, it could be improved

>Dark Souls 2
>enemies are faster
>enemies come in ganksquads now
>enemies have retarded 360 arcing on their attacks to magically shift it into your direction
>people actually complain about it, claiming it's one of the reasons why DSII is inferior to the first

>Dark Souls 3
>enemies ganksquads are back and even worse, with the added bonus that they also move and attack at literal sonic speed
>enemies can continuously spam lightning fast AND hard hitting attacks with infinite stamina
>enemies relentlessly perform chain attacks to the point you have to dodge/block multiple times to actually be able to counter once or twice assuming it's not a clothed enemy with shit poise
>pretty much zero invulnerability frames when you get knocked down to the point many enemies attack chains are guaranteed to hit if they knock you down once and you don't IMMEDIATELY dodge
>many enemies have cheesy as fuck gimmicks like temporarly draining a ton of your HP or throwing 3 lightning fast darts repeatedly, nothing personel kid rolls
>10/10 THANKS A-TEAM
>>
File: 59295751-317x310.jpg (30 KB, 317x310) Image search: [Google]
59295751-317x310.jpg
30 KB, 317x310
>>
>>334388145
and you're surprised?
a lot of enemies have copypasted bb animations and movesets, but the undead isnt as fast as the hunter
>>
>>334388454
As much as I get sick of this buzzphrase, this is the only correct answer. Assuming you've actually played through any other souls game, you will be able to beat this game with a little perserverance
>>
Only thing that bothers me is the infinite stamina and combo bullshit. I don't remember it being this bad in bloodborne. Not impossible, but very annoying.
>>
I swear I'm not baiting I'm just asking a question Why do people say that DS is better/requires more skill than faster games that are just as difficult/strategic? I've played through the first two and I personally don't find DS to be fun due to its sluggishness, can someone please explain what's so great about it?
>>
It is a bit annoying that Dark Souls has the best combat of the series but then they went and made a bunch of games that play more like Demon's Souls.
>>
>>334388867
I like the level design. That's about it for me.
>>
>>334388867
I don't think anybody says it requires more skill, but personally I like the combat system because it makes you put a little more thought into things than most ges since there's action queing and no cancels. Positioning is pretty important as well.
>>
>>334388145
If you really want to play the game in ez mode to get through parts you consider bullshit, just summon a phantom during peak hours.

I was helping people fight the abyss watchers and big skelly last night, and every time I was summoned every character model besides mine appeared to be floating around, and no enemies would attack (including bosses). Easy peasy.
>>
File: 1413753300777.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1413753300777.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>get to that area in Deep Cathedral with armored knights standing on rafters

>oh this is a good moment to use that force miracle that is otherwise completely useless and push them down
>the knights are immune to force

Thanks A-team
>>
File: Bloodborne-Guide-Moonlight-01.jpg (67 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne-Guide-Moonlight-01.jpg
67 KB, 1920x1080
>>334388145

>Bloodborne
>enemies are as fast as the player, meaning you'll always face tough but fair opponents
>barely any gank squads, which turns each battle into an exhilarating 1v1 duel for your life
>the small number of encounters with more than one enemy makes sure each one of them feels unique and handcrafted by the developers
>enemies have as much stamina as you do, you can clearly see the opening if they attack too much
>rally mechanic and no shields keep fights aggressive and encourages good footwork

Why is Bloodborne so much better than Souls games? I hope they announce BB 2 this E3.
>>
I somewhat agree. Dark Souls enemies are a joke, though. Multiple enemies in 3 aren't as bad as in 2 and they're far easier to manage because of your own improved speed and they can be divided and conquered if you slow down. The fucking endless comboing is what gets me the most.
>>
>>334389360
Why did they take out the backstab mechanics? That was one thing I expected them to carry into ds3.
>>
All this shit forces you out of your comfort zone and consciously or not, makes you seek the optimal way to play the game.

For example, all the gank squads in the 2nd game meant that you can't just sit behind a shield all day long because you'd get stunlocked for sure.

The game encouraged you to try 2 handing weapons and evading instead.

I haven't found what way is naturally easier in the third but I think a combination of 2handing and shield parrying is the key to easily wreck everything this time.
>>
>>334388145
They made it harder so returning people will have a challenge, it wouldn't be as clutch if they gave you a 5 second window to attack
>>
>>334389703

Because they didn't want people circling each other and circling enemies like they do in all Souls games. They made it so you have to be behind a target and charge Strong attack to max to get the critical hit, to make sure no one would stumble their way into a backstab (or lag stab).
>>
>>334389740
It also encourages you to play smart, you have to think and lure out enemies one by one or find alternative routes to get a better chance of defeating a gank.
>>
>>334389740
It's not really taking you out of your comfort zone when every game but Dark Souls 1 works that way.
>>
>>334389468
So do you people expect to just encounter enemies with patterns you are comfortable and familiar with every game?

You can't find a new mindset to approach these new enemies?
>>
>>334389740
>The game encouraged you to try 2 handing weapons and evading instead.

>do this
>remember that adp is a thing
>your hit box is bigger than your body if you don't level this up
>literally no way to do so in the beginning of the game to any significant point
>get fucked up anyway
>>
>>334390237
You level up way faster in it though.
>>
>>334389360
>barely any gank squads, which turns each battle into an exhilarating 1v1 duel for your life
90% of battles in BB are against multiple enemies though.
But it works, because the weapons are better at handling groups than in Souls.

I still like Dark Souls 3 more, because it's more challenging and complex in both level design and challenges it presents. Bloodborne is too straighforward and forgiving
>>
>>334389881
I know. I asking why it isn't in dark souls 3.
>>
>>334388867
Eh, I don't really play the games for the combat. The combat is above-average for an action RPG, but it's still pretty much just slightly improved Zelda combat. I play the games for exploring the incredible world and fucking around with character builds and stuff.
>>
>>334390367

>dark souls 3
>more challenging
>literally a bonfire every corner, backstab is easier than ever, parry is back, weapon arts are OP as fuck

>>334390508

I think Dark Souls entered development phase before BB was out, so they weren't sure people would like the changes (rally, new backstab etc)
>>
i do legitimately hate that your invincibility frames when knocked down end while your character is still face down on the floor. you're just supposed to mash roll and your character somehow performs a roll from a face-down position.
>>
File: oceiros.png (380 KB, 746x437) Image search: [Google]
oceiros.png
380 KB, 746x437
OCELOOOOOOOOOOTTE
>>
>>334391167
I found BB easy compared to any Souls, maybe it's because I'm used to faster paced action games
>>
File: 1434900297848s.jpg (6 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1434900297848s.jpg
6 KB, 250x250
The worst thing about this game is the multiple invasions.

>be in ember form for any reason
>walk to open area
>MankeyAnus has invaded!
>2fat2walk has invaded!
>after 20 mins of fighting and killing ONE guy while the other patiently wait his turn
>OhGodMuhCHINS has invaded
>all with full estus

FUCK the invasion system. Literally, you will not be able to play in ember form.
>>
>>334388145
DS3 is literally the easiest souls game

git gud
>>
>>334393083
you're pretty good
>>
>>334389740

>Forces you to think
>Forces you to play a certain way to win
>stops you from turtling, which is exactly how a lot of people figure out and learn about enemies...

Shit tier.
>>
>>334394038
I haven't experienced that myself personally. I only just got to Anal Rodeo though, so I'm not looking forward to the rumors.
>>
>>334388145
It's like you 14 year olds have never even heard of demons souls you know the first game of the souls series
>>
>>334388802
this, it feels like i'm meant to be my hunter from bloodborne rolling around like a madman and spamming r1 as hard as I fucking can, especially when i'm using a straight sword and the skeleton is using an ultragreatsword and im getting outspeeded and his nothing persennel kid rolls
>>
>git gud
ill just git a better game
>>
>>334394038
If you're telling the truth, you must have shitty real life luck.

I've been embered most of the game so I don't miss key NPC invaders and I've never had more than one invader per area unless I am deliberately waiting around for them. Even then, a blue tends to arrive mid fight if you're in the way of the blue.
>>
>>334394038
>>334393083
Someone needs to make a screaming Pepe edit with Oceiros and the filename "OCELOOOOOTTEEEEEEEE"
>>
Tried to go with a heavy armor sword and shield guy. Got legitimately to the Abyss Watchers until I had to just say fuck it and get a trainer.

Too many bullshit enemies with infinite stamina, homing attacks, stunlocking, and fuck-you combos you have no way to block without getting staggered (and then fucked). Add the camera that constantly screws you over, you get a game that drains any of the fun and interesting challenge DS1 had.

Finished the game with infinite health. I have zero interest to go back and restart. I'm just glad it's over with and I can get on with my life.

Nice art direction, tho.
>>
>>334388145
Are they ever gonna fix the dead online on Dark souls?
>>
>Use dried finger accidentally because I put it in one of the start menu item slots
>Summon two phantoms and enjoy utter chaos while I get invaded by dark spirit after dark spirit

This is way more fun than I thought it'd be.
>>
YOU MEAN YOU ACTUALLY HAVE TO READ THE MESSAGES AND NOT IGNORE THE FORTY BLOODSTAINS IN THAT ONE SPOT?
>>
File: 114294-hi.jpg (87 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
114294-hi.jpg
87 KB, 636x358
>Stiff player character that barely changes since Demon's Souls
>Bosses that move like CUHRAYZEE Dante

They fucking did it, the absolute madmen!
>>
>>334394657
>if you're in way of the blue
>try being a sentinel
>NEVER FUCKING SUMMONED

What the hell, there are Reds all over the goddamn place and you're telling me there's nobody for me to help?
>>
>>334389952
>>334394510
I love this shit. Dark Souls 1 is honestly pretty easy, it just had a relatively high learning curve at the beginning and then O&S. After that the game is a complete cake walk, almost embarassingly easy on replays. And because casual shitters like you two beat "teh hardest game of the generation" you think the sequels stepping it up in any way is artificial difficulty. Get fucking good, you guys are pathetic. You are exactly what's wrong with gaming.
>>
>>334395339
Jesus fucking christ don't play these games you retard.
>>
>>334394657
>If you're telling the truth, you must have shitty real life luck.
>>
>>334395979

Bosses in Dark Souls 3 are super ez pz when you figure out their gimmick, the mini boss mobs will rape you open multiple times, and some even respawn.

Dark Souls 1 had the hardest bosses along side Bloodborne.
>>
>>334388145
Ok can someone explain to me why the fuck is everyone gliding since yesterday? It's impossible to coop or invade or pvp like this. I'm 11/10 mad.

I'll post a webm with how it's looking. I have 150 Mbps before you start spouting >le git gud connection
>>
File: 1373246425077.jpg (14 KB, 252x223) Image search: [Google]
1373246425077.jpg
14 KB, 252x223
>>334395339
>literally whining about turtling behind a shield not being 100% viable
>>
>>334396392
>Dark Souls 1 had the hardest bosses

Objectively untrue, every boss in Dark 1 was fucking piss easy and extremely pathetic in their damage. Fuck OFF with this meme. Name ONE difficult boss in Dark 1 that doesn't rely on multiple enemies for its difficulty, you cannot.
>>
>>334394038
Used an Ember once, got invaded by an immortal cheater, fighting him for 10 minutes be he wouldn't die even though I was attacking him and he was at 1% HP.
Then Floatymcfloats invades as well.
Never used an Ember again, immediately spent souls and suicided after boss battles.
>>
File: 1398025192465.jpg (56 KB, 436x298) Image search: [Google]
1398025192465.jpg
56 KB, 436x298
>>334395339
>>334395339
>he doesn't two hand weapons but uses heavy armor
>>
>Dark Souls III
>Need a high end card for a game that has PS3-tier graphics

JUST
>>
>>334396058
No idea what could be the issue. I had to unequip my blue sentinel patch because I couldn't get anything done when trying to play solo and then after I would get warped back to my world it would tend to be in some precarious predicament. Have almost 40 ears now with nowhere to turn them in yet.

Try turning your online mode to unrestricted and also setting your regional settings to unrestricted. Not that it seems to matter what you set those to since the sentinel things seems to summon no matter what every few minutes.
>>
>>334396484
Lol i had the same, thought it was just me
>>
>>334388867
same with me, ds1 is boring and slow

just my opinion
>>
>first boss
>turns into a darkseed
>attack windups are easy to read, make sense
>avoids filling the screen and fucking the camera with its girth
>can still be plenty punished for making a bad read or being too greedy
Nice.
>darkseeds in the wild
>flail and thrash about randomly and non-stop while fucking your camera with their mass
Fuck off.
>>
Stop posting and start gitting gud.
>>
>>334396720
Bed of Chaos

:^)
>>
Dark souls babbies just cant adapt. Guess thats why they had trouble with O&S. Piss easy boss but theres more than one so they just scream ganksquad while they cry and die
>>
>>334396871
Have you also gotten the bug where you're invincible for boss fights? This happened to me twice so far when being summoned. Once when helping someone fight the dark keepers or whatever and once when fighting the Pontiff. Everyone but me just glides around and the boss stays stuck in their starting pose. I'm able to attack it and deal damage while having it never do anything to me. Then it dies and the host gets credit for the kill. Really weird.
>>
File: abyss.png (149 KB, 702x395) Image search: [Google]
abyss.png
149 KB, 702x395
Just beat these guys. Best boss fight so far. Tough without being complete bullshit.
>>
>>334394038
Git gud.
>>
There are ways to deal with them but I agree they should not have infinite stamina.
>>
>>334388145
>enemies ganksquads are back and even worse, with the added bonus that they also move and attack at literal sonic speed

New lock controls fix this and the ability to change who your hitting mid string makes this no issue what-so-ever

>enemies can continuously spam lightning fast AND hard hitting attacks with infinite stamina

Just back off then and roll to there backs when they dedicate themselves to a attack

>enemies relentlessly perform chain attacks to the point you have to dodge/block multiple times to actually be able to counter once or twice assuming it's not a clothed enemy with shit poise

Spam roll during a string, unless your fat rolling you will be fine.

>pretty much zero invulnerability frames when you get knocked down to the point many enemies attack chains are guaranteed to hit if they knock you down once and you don't IMMEDIATELY dodge
>Dis nigga

Dude roll is stupid good in this game. Like fucking retarded good. Its like a high adaptability build is DaS2, fuck off.

>many enemies have cheesy as fuck gimmicks like temporarly draining a ton of your HP or throwing 3 lightning fast darts repeatedly, nothing personel kid rolls

If you kill them first I cannot see why this is a problem.
>>
>>334396720
Manus?
>>
>>334388867
It came at a time when there werent really any "hard" games being released. This stuck with people. Its sorta like how castlevania isnt as hard as people like to say
>>
Level design in this game is fantastic. Enemies are also great as well, they're actually challenging and getting to the boss isn't a huge slog

This game is 10/10 y'all niggas soft
>>
File: jailer.png (138 KB, 262x423) Image search: [Google]
jailer.png
138 KB, 262x423
Who the fuck designed these pieces of shit?
They're not even hard to fight, they're just tedious as shit.
>they look at you
>you die
>>
>>334397205
killed manus first try
>>
>>334396720
Manus.
>>
>>334397290
I came back to there with a Dragonslayer bow. The L2 allows your arrows to penetrate enemies. It was so satisfying to shoot through 3 of them when they lined up.
>>
>facetank Pontiff with my Greatshield, ez as fuck, beat him 1st try
>Aldritch killed in literally 5 swings
>beat Dancer first try, easy as fuck, didn't even break my guard once

Really glad From made shield-centric builds good again. They sucked in DS2.

Maybe greatshields are a bit TOO good, I've facetanked through the whole game on ez mode so far.
>>
a dota 2 pro beat the whole game on day one
you guys are just pussies
>>
Bloodborne is genuinely better. Hate to say it but the aggressiveness of it makes it better. Ds3 is almost unbearably clunky compared to it. So. Fucking. Slow. Holy shit.
>>
>>334397449
Shields suck dick though
>>
>>334397125
Yeah, that happened to me today with the cursed greatwood. I was on my own and just not taking damage so i just walked up to each spore and kept mashing attack
I genuinely thought my ISP was shitting the bed and called them up to check on it.
My friend says he gets D/C'd all the time from the dark souls servers but havent heard anything about gliding yet.

I wonder what the fuck is going on?
>>
>>334397065
Bed of Chaos is the easiest boss in Dark Souls 1, if you know how to throw fire bombs.
>>
>>334397449
>greatshield
may as well summon 2 phantoms and watch
>>
Git gud.
>>
Can someone tell me the purpose of dual wielding.

I've only played through Dark souls 1.
>>
>>334397205
>>334397310
Manus is easy money, I honestly had more trouble with Artorias.
>>334396720
I won't deny that biggie and smalls are a challenge but for the most part you right.
>>
>>334397529
They mostly do untill you start getting the good Greatshields.
The Twin Dragons is trash.
The first good one you get is at the Cathedral.
Then you get the Black Iron at the Catas and it's ez mode from there.

>>334397618
I've vowed never to summon for a boss in any Souls game.
>>
DS3 is the second easiest souls game behind demons
>>
>>334389154
they walk off there anyway so it doesn't matter
>>
>>334397449
damn, are you serious? i sold my greatshield because none of their stats were as good as the black knight shield
>>
>>334397680
Its fun.

i use the halberd in combination with uchigatana but gonna trade that out for a great sword and bastard sword once i get enough titanite.
>>
>>334389360
>mindless, aggressive R1 spamming with super fast no stamina dodges and FREE parries is somehow better than tactic stamina usage and learning patterns
>>
File: 1444853957638.jpg (89 KB, 412x412) Image search: [Google]
1444853957638.jpg
89 KB, 412x412
>>334397694
>vowed never to summon for a boss
I've never understood this. why ignore a fun game mechanic just because you want to appear tough?

the boss scales to accommodate the extra players. you're missing out. it's like the people who play offline because they don't want to get invaded; it's part of the experience

personally I will summon to make it even- two bosses, one summon, three bosses, two summons, etc.
>>
>>334398024
I like waiting until I die to a boss before getting help or to look at its wiki page to see if its weak to any kind of damage.
>>
File: GLAD I PIRATED IT.jpg (16 KB, 510x338) Image search: [Google]
GLAD I PIRATED IT.jpg
16 KB, 510x338
>wiki everything while playing
>watch youtube videos of bossfights to know what to do before going in
>also watch youtube hand holding walkthroughs of each area
>look up all the secrets and summon 3 dudes for every boss fight
>"God this game is so easy! I only died ONCE! Why does everyone think this is supposed to be hard?"
>>
>>334395339
i'm a heavy armor sword and shield guy too
instead of being a fuckwit, try rolling when your stamina is low instead of eating another shielded hit that will stunlock and kill you
>>
>>334397904
Which greatshield did you sell?
You can buy the pontiff knight greatshield from the handmaid, it's decent enough when upgraded.
Or get down to demon ruins and beat that Knight Slayer fag for the Black Iron GS.

>>334398024
First, it requires using an Ember and having the risk to get invaded. And I've had ONLY bad experiences with pvp in Souls games so far, only cheaters and lag.
But mainly, it's just a thing I said to myself, every time a boss kicks my ass I get more stubborn not to give in and summon for help.
>>
>>334388867
I've always heard that it's not hard so much as punishing. Casuals don't know the difference.
>>
>>334398223
I do this and I don't care.
>>
>>334396392
i never had trouble with a single boss after ornstein and smough
>>
>>334389360
>Sonyponies buttflustered that their meme game is no longer relevant
Reminder that Sonyggers will NEVER EVER play the greatest Souls game in 60fps
>>
>>334398342
Then what is ever the point of playing? You've totally sapped away every single reason for playing at all.
>>
>>334397449
>Use nothing but a two-handed Halberd.
>Get my shit kicked in by Pontiff several times.
>Do some sunbroing to better learn his moveset.
>End up defeating him around 10 times.
>Obvious pattern emerged where if the host had a shield it was a guaranteed victory.

I eventually got the roll rhythm down, but I feel like that boss was balanced around the player using a shield.
>>
>>334388867

nobody ever said it requires more skill, just that it is more challengin than most games because you are bound to the rules it gives you and you have to adapt to them, also because it's literally zelda without puzzles and with non retarded directors like aonuma
>>
>>334388145
I have none of those problems, that must mean you just suck at the game
>>
File: 1460707116607.jpg (47 KB, 435x593) Image search: [Google]
1460707116607.jpg
47 KB, 435x593
I honestly think that the ganksquads are there cause from software wanted players to try to avoid enemies, I mean, when you're in the village at the base of the wall, there is a huge squad of enemies with the fat priest bitch gathered around a tree. sure you can pull them one by one and deal with the caster last but you can also take the bridge and avoid the whole thing, and return to the zone later to rape them when you're stronger. I mean, isn't that just smart? most of the stuff you find comes pretty handy later on in the game so it doesn't really matter when you find it.
>>
>>334398548
Because it's a video game and it's not important.
>>
Whats the stat spread on a quality build. 25/25?
>>
Does anyone have any advice as to what to do about people who just fucking chug estus? Shit sucks when I couldve killed them 10 times over but estus recovery in this game is near instant. Invasions are beginning to suck ass in this game
>>
>>334389360
>handcrafted by the developers

god fucking damn it they are inventing new buzzwords to shill their crappy edgy shit
>>
>>334398662
that makes no sense.
>>
>>334396720
man you must be the BEST gamer seriously isn't posting on /v/ below you? shouldn't you be somewhere in the "deep web" faggot
>>
The only problem I have with this game is that I feel like half of the weapons are worthless

There is no reason to use heavy weapons when lighter, faster weapons like the broadsword can pump out better dps
>>
How do I beat this dragon fucker?

He's extremely easy until he goes nuts at 50%

Then I usually get wrecked
>>
>>334398738
Still got the trophies. I also like to go into souls threads and call people faggots for summoning and needing flasks. Haha.
>>
>>334398024
I summon people all the time but I feel bad whenever I beat a boss with them.
I think you are the one missing out on the great sense of accomplishment you get when beating a boss by yourself.
Having help just leaves a bittersweet "I'm finally out of here" feel.
>>
>>334398801
Dunno man, killing Aldritch in 5 swings with a +5 BKUGS felt pretty nice.
>>
File: Anon.png (88 KB, 430x241) Image search: [Google]
Anon.png
88 KB, 430x241
>>334398862
>>
Does this game have Soul Memory? I don't want to level past my friend in any way, but I want to invade while he's on vacation.
>>
>>334399045
nope.
>>
>>334398801
using the halberd the big fat guy just before the ice boss uses

its actually really good the damage and stun hasnt failed to kill an enemy that isnt a miniboss in 3 hits
with minimal upgrading, base stats, heavy infusion

its very good.
Range means i'm hardly ever at risk of counter attack too.
>>
>>334399045
It doesn't but it's irrelevant.
If you use the password matchmaking the game ignores soul level and weapon restrictions.
>>
>>334399083
So I should be able to just invade freely with no worry?
>>
>>334398506
Nobody will. Or did they port Demon's Souls already?
>>
>>334398662
I mean if that is actually what is most fun for you. I like to watch the videos and Wiki and all that for my second play through, but different strokes, some people don't like to lose.. I'm not sure what you are saying isn't important.
>>
>There will never 50 tiers of covenant rewards requiring more than 5000 tokens

Just give me a reason to keep doing shit from jesus fuck
>>
>>334398827
Hit him
>>
>>334398656
You can also drop alluring skull and buttfuck them all just like I did.
>>
>>334398801
Everything or most things have some kind of purpose. Heavy weapons will do a lot more dps and I've seen it happen. Also they deal more stamina damage to blockers and are stronger against poise. They're just not usually very fast and eat a lot of stamina per swing. Also you would do well to pay attention to damage types. I've noticed that the right damage type against the right enemy can have some interesting effects. Like using strike/blunt against undead type enemies will knock them down and also do extra damage. The catacombs are a joke is you use a club of some sort.
>>
>>334399165
Beautiful. Thank you.
>>
>>334399094
lucerne?
>>
>>334398024
You're not missing out on that if you're the one getting summoned though.
I don't summon for my own playtrough, but I've had the joys of jolly cooperation at nearly every boss, usually more than once.
Still, I need you as much as you need me, that's why it is cooperation. If nobody summoned, nobody would be summoned.
>>
>>334399328
no its like winged something
its got a huge fuck-off blade on it and the weapon art is a chain spin
>>
>>334399234
doesn't it attract only certain kinds of enemies? but yeah, that is one tactic too.
>>
>>334388145
Jesus Christ those fucking ninja hollows on the way to the ballista on top of smoldering lake are absolute fucking bullshit.
>>
>>334399367
Summoning is the only way to get certain rewards.
>>
>>334399173
Yeah you can invade.
The restrictions for online play are on equipped weapon upgrades and soul level.
>>
File: 20160415004507_1.jpg (332 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160415004507_1.jpg
332 KB, 1920x1080
Jesus, I just used the Storm Curved Sword to stunlock for 1200 damage before it dropped. It was an honorabu duel and everything, I honestly felt like shit.
>>
>>334399591
is it better to not have weapon upgrades for more invades?
>>
>>334389360
The game is easier than DS3 because your dodge might as well be a teleport. That is until you get the dodge ring in DS3, then it's just as easy
>>
>>334394038
Aldrich faggots invading after pontiff bonfire can fucking eat a dick. Constantly getting double teamed by shitters.
>>
>>334388926

Fucj hahahaha. Christ.
DeS/BB and DkS3 all have better combat, kek.
>>
>>334398303
Because there is no difference.
>>
>>334399401
oh the winged knight halberd

ill try it out sometime
>>
>>334399667
You mean for you to get more invasions?
Yes, you are more likely to get summoned if you have a weaker weapon, you are also gonna be underpowered though.
>>
>Dark Souls 3
>FEATURING DANTE FROM THE DEVIL MAY CRY SERIES
ftfy
>>
>>334399563
Really?
I still think I value the feeling of fullfillment I get from doing it solo more than items, gear or weapons.
What kind of rewards are we talking about?
>>
>>334396392
But pontiff was harder than any boss in Dark Souls and I say that as someone who beat him on my second try
>>
>>334399667
I feel like there's something here. I could swap my weapons while invading at level 100+ and already using a +10/+5 weapon, but when I was lower level I distinctly remember not being able to access my inventory after invading. I think it's in place at lower levels/weapon power to prevent swapping to a +10 after invading.
>>
>>334399838
I'm a grape...
>>
>>334399951
Enjoy never being summoned.
>>
>>334388145
From what I've noticed, Dark Souls 3 really highlights the shit players based on their complaints. Either that, or people that didn't play Bloodborne. It's much easier to dodge now than it was in the first, so stop relying on your small, or medium shields for anything other than single attacks. Parry more, too. I know the timing sucks, but learn it and parry them, yes even when they're chaining attacks. Obviously don't attempt this on incredibly fast combos, for those you can back off or dodge in.
Speaking of which, dodging in to an enemy's side makes most of them nothing more than a chore.

If all that fails, just sprint past them and refuse to improve. The first Dark Souls is incredibly easy and really not that satisfying, it's just mind numbingly slow, and if you play aggressively it's far too easy because nothing but groups pose a threat.
I love the first for reasons outside of that, but the 'slow and methodical' shit needs to stop. There is no way they can provide a challenge to people familiar with the franchise by doing that again.
>>
>>334398303

It's not even that punishing. You get to keep all the shit you've picked up and if you retrace your steps you get your souls back too - effectively meaning you lose nothing at all. They even give you rings to avoid soul loss outright. And even if you DO lose your souls they drop off every enemy in the game so it doesn't even fucking matter.

Yeah, you'll get killed a lot, but it doesn't cost you a single fucking thing of value.
>>
>>334389468
This, so much this.
>>
File: laughing DaS3 armor.jpg (10 KB, 136x136) Image search: [Google]
laughing DaS3 armor.jpg
10 KB, 136x136
>>334394038
>get invaded by 1 red and a watchdog of farron and an NPC
>NPC attacks watchdog of farron and starts fucking his shit up
>Red tries to run past and gets hit by watchdog of farron
>Red and Watchdog of Farron kill NPC and start fighting each other
>Red kills Watchdog of Farron with his spin to win greatsword/dagger combo
>I'm just standing there off to the side watching
>Red has no more estus and comes at me
>starts spinning
>parry with buckler
>INVADER BANISHED
>>
File: 1361616306923.jpg (216 KB, 720x805) Image search: [Google]
1361616306923.jpg
216 KB, 720x805
I'm glad I didn't pay for this game based solely on the fact that pressing dodge as you get hit causes you to dodge roll automatically as soon as hitstun wears off. Fuck /any/ game that does this. It's never OK.

It had to be done on purpose too, because I can replicate this whenever I want. It's so reliable that it feels like a conscious design choice.

Also, I'm really fucking sick of my parries trading with enemies (Specifically Black/silver knights). Either I got hit or I didn't, fuck off with this.

One more thing since I'm complaining: Why the fuck are my parries blocking half the damage but not actually parrying so fucking often? Yes, this has happened in all other souls games, but never this fucking much. What the fuck did they do? It's infuriating.
>>
>>334396720
Kalameet. Don't even pretend you won first try.
>>
>>334398003

>Learning patterns.
>Press L1 to block.
>Circle to BS.
>Mash R1 because tons of weapons have infinites.
>>
So minimum says 2gb of vram, am I just fucked if my card is garbage and only has 1gb? My specs meet everything else.
>>
>>334396720
Artorias
>>
>>334400715

Probably just changed the timing on it is all. You'll adjust eventually.
>>
>>334400715
>It's so reliable that it feels like a conscious design choice.
It is, you moron. You're way too late to complain about this.
>>
>>334400715
I have to agree with the parrying thing
Shit's glancing off my shield as I parry like 90% of the time.
it is so consistent and drives me mad, I've never been bad at parrying before
>>
>>334400825

I killed him on my first go after Hawkeye beaned him. I even spent like a solid several minutes trying to hack off his tail.
>>
>>334399748
>put sign down for a friend
>he uses the finger like a retard to summon one more phantom
>get invaded by 3 fags
>I equip the ring that makes you look like the host
>host hides
>I literally kite the three fuckers all the way back to the bonfire with dodge spam
>host and other phantom speedrun the level while I dodge around at the beginning for 20 minutes
>>
>>334388867
So far, I feel DS1 had much more cheap enemies than the others. But I do like the combat in it so far, it's much more strategic, i get punished hard when i get careless no matter how basic the enemy so I'm in constant paranoia and am forced to use the level design as much as I can to my advantage. But even that sometimes back fires on me.
>In a narrow passage
>my sword bounces off the wall when it collides with it, making it harder to hit the enemy
>my enemy's weapon just clips right through and makes full contact with me
This bullshit makes me seethe..
>>
>>334389360
>barely any gank squads
But you're wrong.
>>
Has anyone else experienced the red eyed dudes in the catacombs dissapear when they roll and re appear to attack you, is this their ability or is it a glitch.
>>
>>334388145
I gave the maiden the firekeeper soul you get when you opend up the tower near the shire. She can now heal my Dark Sigil. What does that do ?
>>
>>334400882
That's fucking stupid. Like I said that's never an OK thing to do. I don't want the game making any actions for me ever. I eat so many extra hits for this kinda shit it's ridiculous.
>>
>>334400715
New parry timing. It's easy with a buckler, but go to a medium shield and the timing is infuriating. I can only nail it occasionally, other times it's a partial parry, but the correct timing doesn't feel right. So just stick with parry daggers or a buckler, tighter framing, and faster.
>>
Dark souls 3 is the hardest of the series. All the enimies feel way harder and faster. It makes the previous 2 games seem like a cake walk except for certain parts. Is this just me?
>>
>>334394038
>All these invasion with no summon out

You'd have to be in the Road of Sacrifice or whever Aldrich fags invade for even a chance at this happening.
>>
>>334401401
It's their superpower, inivisirolling. You get a ring that lets you do the same. They can still get hit when invisible.
>>
>>334400715
>pressing dodge as you get hit causes you to dodge roll automatically as soon as hitstun wears off

BUFFER AROUND AT THE SPEED OF SOUND

GOT PLACES TO ROLL GOTTA HARVEST SOME SOULS NOW
>>
>>334400715
dodges stacked in Dark souls 1 as well

don't like it? dont be a stupid button masher then
>>
>>334400715
I've never once dodged automatically out of a hitstun, not unless I've pressed to dodge as the hitstun happens. It's just queuing your input.
>>
>>334401485

You're tasting Bloodborne.
>>
>>334401403
It heals your Dark Sigil.
>>
>>334401401
its really pointless because the lock-on icon follows them
>>
>>334390103
The complaint about endless comboing is valid though. If you're always able to react then fine but when you're stun-locked then knocked down and the enemy can still hit you but you can't move because of the animation then how is it your fault?
>>
>>334395339
This is a remarkably well crafted shitpost. Thanks for the new copypasta.
>>
>>334400984
Kek. I got invaded by two while solo just last I played and I dodged around using up estus for a good 5 minutes, I should have kept going but got tired of the shit and started charging them. Led to my doom.
>>
yo anybody here mind explaining how I just got 49k souls outta nowhere? Ive just been invading as a watchdog of Farron the past 30 minutes and bam all the souls. Should I just get rid of the bullshit so the game doesent become easy?
>>
>>334401559
K i googled and yoel gives those to me when i ask him to level me up for free. So , should i do it for the max of 5 times, then heal it ?
>>
>>334388145
hullo, in cathedral land when onion bro turns on you and pulls the bridge down, where is the level to bring it back up?
>>
>>334398656
>>334401485
As a whole, it is.
The bosses feel much easier than the other games and BB, but everything inbetween is pure BS.
>>
>>334401649
That depends.
Do you want true strength or not?
>>
>>334401649
Basically, those free levels weren't actually free. You're hollowed out and to regain humanity you will need to spend the souls those levels would have cost.
>>
>>334401649
If you heal it then you dont get the third ending.
>>
>>334401690
That's Patches, not Onion bro. Patches stole his armor.
>>
>>334388145
I haven't been seeing enemy ganksquads yet besides the same type you saw in Dark Souls, which was just minor mobs that you one hit kill like hollows.
>>
>>334401629
What level are you? That's like 2 fucking levels big deal.
>>
Lothric castle and the barracks is literally no fun allowed
What a shithole
>>
How the fuck do i kill that giant fuck?, i already have the weapon but does literal no damage
>>
>>334401690
Look around the elevator shortcut.
>>
>>334388145
>DaS1
>everything in the game follows a set formula and is extremely easy to deal with if you know what you're doing
>most enemies and things are slow and predictable
>taking your time makes everything a cakewalk

>DaS3
>enemies have robust movesets and are extremely aggressive
>even if you know how to deal with them they still put up a fight and can potentially tear you to shreds

How is this a bad thing? Bloodborne and DaS3 enemy AI is the best in the franchise. Hell the enemy invading NPC in DaS3 will put up a better fight than 90% of the real invaders thanks to their infinite stamina and parries
>>
>>334401649
Don't heal it. I haven't and am sitting at 99 hollow and am all prepped for good ending.
>>
>>334401818
to defeat the cyberdemon, shoot it till it dies
>>
>>334401818
Use the art.
>>
>>334401771
Lies and slander, Patches would never do anything to hurt you.
>>
>>334401818
what giant fuck?
>>
>>334401556
That's what I'm saying.
If you press /as you're hit/ the input is paused by hitstun and then resumed a second later after it wears off, which is fucking stupid. The input should just be canceled (or just not register) if you're not still doing it.

>>334401551
It only takes one press, don't be dumb
>>
At what point do specialized gems come into play? There's sharp, refined, heavy gems, probably others (not even past the settlement yet). Are these gems you use as the last upgrade ingredient for your weapons? Do they work the same way as raw gems?
>>
>>334401871
i did it does literally no damage
>>
>>334401629
Who cares?
If you don't want the levels, buy some of the overpriced armors. Or just kill yourself.
>>
>>334393595
It's not just that.
You have way more stamina.
You level up faster and there's less stats to level up.
You can heal SO much with the amount of bloodviles you can carry and the fact that you can get health back by attacking an enemy after taking damage.
You also heal much much faster and can move while doing it.
>>
>>334401741
>get my 'true strenght'
>ask the firekeeper to heal
>70k
>ok, no biggie, I'll do it later when I can farm souls easier
>ask her again after when I reach Irithyl
>200k

I guess being a zombie ain't so bad after all.
>>
>>334398548
the best way to play souls is in constant jolly cooperation
>>
>>334401771
right
>>334401820
the elevator shortcut that's directly outwards from the bonfire that has the 3 entrances you have to open? There is a crystal lizard outside one of them too.
>>
>>334401881
input queueing has always been a thing.
>>
>>334401485
Tbh I think they're all fairly similar in difficulty, you just need to tweak your combat timing every game and get used to some different mechanics in enemy attacks.
>>
>>334388145
I'm loving DaS3 so far. The one thing that is crazy is the attacks from enemies, they really do seem to have unlimited stamina/chain nonstop. It's not cheap though, it just means approaching them differently this time around.

I think half the time I come up against an annoying enemy type, I just wait for the AI to be stupid and get my shots in.
>>
>>334397449
Man these posts about how easy greatshields are sure do conveniently always contain the 2 bosses which do stagger damage somewhere between shit-all to none.

>>
>>334401874

Go away Patches.
>>
>>334401931
It's based on how much you would have spent had you paid for the free levels.

They obviously cost more now than they did back then.
>>
>>334401915
hold it and roll while holding when the blade powers up use the art attack on him
>>
>>334401950
The elevator shortcut, yes.
>>
>>334401721
>>334401741
>>334401743
Yeah i didn;t take the free levels when i got yoel because i read in a ds3 thread that some anon took that hunchbacks mojo and got hollowed. So is there any benefit to going trough this mini-questiline ?
>>
>>334401915
git gud

You have to charge the art till it becomes all flashy and shit and then use the art again. It's a stupid gimmick that's not explained for whatever reason
>>
>>334401881
If you know it happens, why can't you compensate for it? I'd much prefer that to mashing dodge so I get out of there as early as I can. Is this your first Souls game?
>>
>>334402132
Free waifu with marriage.
>>
File: 292734f5335.jpg (346 KB, 631x975) Image search: [Google]
292734f5335.jpg
346 KB, 631x975
>>
>>334402082
>>334402161
How the fuck is anyone supposed to figure that out?
>>
>>334401558
Never played bloodborne
>>
>>334402072
I thought the cost to reverse hollowing didn't scale.
It's only cosmetic so it's not a big deal. 200k is what, 20 mins of grinding near that Distant Manor bonfire.
>>
>>334401790
>>334401927
I can level up 36 times
>>
>>334388145
I actually agree with the 360 tracking. Sometimes they begin an attack animation, and if you aren't iframed by the time they commit, they'll magically spin around in a split second and hit you. Most noticeably with lance-wielding enemies.

I'm not actually mad about being damaged this way, because it's just another timing to get down. However, it looks extremely awkward and cheap in terms of animations, which is disappointing considering everything else in the game looks gorgeous and the animations and attack feedbacks are very satisfying otherwise.
>>
>>334401972
Yeah but some enimies are stamina infinite it seems, they just don't let up. Some feel like mini lord gwyns
>>
>>334402287
I never met yoel and now hes apparently dead so theres no way for me to do this hollwing thing which seems like a major part of the story? like what the fuck
>>
>>334397521
>different games are different i'm so upset
Kill yourself casual
>>
>>334402223
git gud faggot
At least I haven't seen anyone seriously defend bullshit gimmicks like this. Yet.
>>
>>334402287
>grinding near that Distant Manor bonfire
Mind telling how?
>>
>>334402032
It's true about the chaining but actually there are a lot of dummy enemies that can be easily instagibbed with your eyes closed.
>>
>>334402306
And then you won't be able to level up for a while due to inflated level costs compared to the souls you gain.
It's a fucking videogame.
>>
>>334401503
Oh sweet where's dat sweet ring at then.
>>
File: git gud.jpg (52 KB, 651x326) Image search: [Google]
git gud.jpg
52 KB, 651x326
>>334388145
>>
>>334402375
You meet him at the end of the bridge you arrive after you beat the icy fatguy and wave the banner.
>>
>>334402132
You get a hidden ending and the dank achievement that goes with it.

Hollowing does nothing but alter your appearance in this game. No detriment aside from being a baconman. Literally no difference if you plan on wearing armor that covers the face. You get a free cure by offering Fire Keeper's Soul (found atop shrine belltower) to Fire Keeper waifu.

If you cure yourself before beating the final boss, however, a crucial NPC will hate your guts and lock you out of the ending. Just do it for your first run if you're an achievement whore.
>>
>>334402287
Yeah it scales with levels, because soul cost scales with levels. So those like 5 levels you took cost more at 60 than they did at 20.

It's to keep them from being free, or even discounted.

Hollowing isn't bad though. I kinda wish I took them. But I never took any and when I reached the catacombs, Yoel was dead. Kinda sucks being locked out of the questline but oh well.
>>
MY TOON HAS ALL THE EDGES
>>
i agree about the knock downs
You have to mash roll on some enemies and bosses when getting up

The worst is a fucked up camera when knocked down because you cant see when to roll
>>
>>334388454
>"trial and error until you win anon"
fixed that for you
>>
>>334402532
In the catacombs. When you reach a area full of urns, take a look around, but be careful breaking about breaking them.
>>
>>334402476
You know that little cave that has a bunch of hair-crab monsters in it?
By that point, you can 2-3shot these things and they net 750 souls each. You get nearly 7k souls for clearing the small cave. It takes less than a minute to do it and it's really close to a bonfire.
>>
>>334402649
what weapon is that?
>>
>>334402649

>1600x900

lol faggot, why not play in 1080p with glorious 16:9 ratio?
>>
>>334401503
dunno why people like that ring so much. sure it looks cool but it doesn't really do anything for you besides give you 3 more dexterity.

Yet there's another carthis ring that gives you more iframes when you roll, and people completely ignore it like it doesn't exist. Why isn't that more popular?
>>
>>334402657
>Trial and error
>Not hanging back and watching a boss's moveset until you know which attacks leave them open for hits

Do you even videogames? This shit is fundemental dating back to the dawn of vidya.
>>
>>334402768
Looks like Executioner's Greatsword
>>
>>334402713
Makes sense, makes sense. Thanks.
>>
>knocked down against some huge fucking nigger with a giant club
>lmao hes about to to whiff a swing while im knocked down, now i can get some free damage
>hits on the very frame im vulunerable and takes 80 percent of my life

bravo s-team, you actually forced players to mash roll on wakeup
>>
>>334400825
Hardest part of Kalameet is trying to cut off his tail.
>>
>>334402768

It is the darkest of the swords
>>
>>334402790
It doesnt make you invisible.
>>
>>334402691
I found that ring, that just increases I frames I didn't turn invisible
>>
pontiff is unreasonable as fuck
>>
>>334402768
>>334402805

It's very clearly the Darksword.

The one the Dark Wraiths drop.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 83

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.