[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rank 'Em
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 13
File: soulsborne.jpg (220 KB, 942x608) Image search: [Google]
soulsborne.jpg
220 KB, 942x608
Gameplay
>BB>DaS3>DaS>DaS2

Story/Lore
>BB>DaS>DaS3>DaS2

Fashion Souls
>DaS3>DaS2>BB>DaS

Bosses
>BB>DaS>DaS3>DaS2

DLC
>DaS2>BB=DaS

Weapons
>BB>DaS3>DaS2>DaS

Overall?
I'd say I had the best experience with Bloodborne, but DaS will always hold a special place in my heart

I never got past the Flamelurker so that's why it's not on here
>>
Bloodborne is definitely the best out of them all, but this thread is just going to devolve into
>sony cucks in denial
>>
>>334381507
Gameplay
DaS3>DaS=Demon's>BB>>DaS2

Story/Lore
Idk

Fashion Souls
>DaS3>DaS2>BB>DaS>DeS

Bosses
>BB>DaS=DaS3>DeS>DaS2

DLC
>DaS2>BB=DaS

Weapons
>DaS3>BB=DaS2>DaS>DeS

Overall?
DaS3>DaS=DeS>BB>DaS2
Dark Souls III was just the perfect sequel to the orginal Dark Souls and managed to improve on it in nearly every way I can think of. Taking the positive aspects of both Dark Souls II and Bloodborne, Dark Souls III managed to keep the same basic design as the first game while adding new mechanics and removing painful decisions added to previous entries in the series. I feel like Bloodborne was a great game, with a neat twist on the Dark Souls formula, but I can't help but feel like it was far too short and lacking in terms of overall content, even if the content it provided was top notch. It was also far too easy to stand to the other games in the series, not only because of the healthback mechanic which allowed for tanking small hits to be viable. There was also a massive lack of build variety, which is why I rank it lower than both Dark Souls and Dark Souls III.
>>
>>334382305
I agree, Bloodborne lacked in build variety. But I think the overall quality and world was far better than Dark Souls in terms of story and setting.

I'm hoping Bloodborne 2 doubles the content at least.
>>
>>334381507
I HAVEN'T PLAYED DAS3 YET :O

Gameplay (PVE)
BB > DaS1 > DeS > DaS2

Story/Lore
BB > DaS > DeS > DaS2

Fashion Souls
DaS1 > DaS2 > BB > DeS

DLC
BB > DaS > DaS2

Weapons
BB > DaS = DaS2 > DeS

Overall
BB = DaS > DeS > DaS2
>>
>>334381507
Gameplay
>DaS3=BB>DaS>DaS2

Story/Lore
>DaS3=BB>DaS>DaS2

Fashion Souls
>DaS3>DaS2>BB>DaS

Bosses
>DaS>DaS3=BB>DaS2

DLC
>DaS2>DaS>BB

Weapons
>DaS3>BB>DaS2>DaS

I haven't finished DaS3 yet but I'm rather liking it so it's more a pending.

>>334381618
That's because the average sonyfag will never, ever admit to a DaS game being as good as BB.
>>
>>334382775
post your ps4 with a timestamp
>>
Fashion: Das2>DaS3>DaS>DeS>BB
Story Lore: DaS>the rest
Bosses:BB>DeS>DaS>>Das2>>>>>>>>DaS3
DLC: DaS=BB>DaS2
Weapons: BB>DaS2>DaS>DeS>DaS3
Level Design: DeS>DaS>BB>DaS2>DaS3
overall: DaS=DeS>BB>DaS2>DaS3

DaS3 just fucked everything up, it relied on referencing previous games instead of doing anything on its own. It had no unique or interesting areas, it had 6 fucking swamps. The weapon balance was retarded with smaller weapons being so much better than large ones in every way, the gating of weapon upgrades and nerfing of crystal lizards was dumb, it meant exploration was a lot less rewarded, the second phases worked in bloodborne, normally here it means that the boss either has 2x hp (fucking princes and nameless king) making the fight a drag, or that half the fight had thought put into it AND THEN IT CATCHES FIRE and the second phase sucks dick. There was more mobspam than DaS2 and the levels were even more linear. DaS3 was a huge disappointment.
Oh and the final boss was the most generic big guy with weapon in the entire series and one of the least interesting fights in the series
>>
>>334383109
>DaS2>DaS3
>>
>BloodBorne
>Being above any of the Souls series
Jesus christ
>>
>>334383109
das 2 is better than das 3 when it comes to fucking level desings? you have brain problems
>>
>>334381618
That's because in admitting that DS3 is better then they lose their precious exclusive as being the best souls game. It usually is sonyponies in denial. Doesn't matter if DS3 was magnitudes better than BB they would still be in denial.
>>
>>334383408
post your ps4 with a timestamp
>>
>>334381507
>gameplay
>story
>weapons
I'll give you bosses but fuck man BB is probably the most overrated game of all time
>>
File: ps4_owner.jpg (57 KB, 555x800) Image search: [Google]
ps4_owner.jpg
57 KB, 555x800
>>334383510
>>
File: sony cucks in denial.png (838 KB, 1177x695) Image search: [Google]
sony cucks in denial.png
838 KB, 1177x695
>>334381507
http://strawpoll.me/3961650

>>
>>334383429
When DaS3 has worse mobspam than DaS2, areas with 7+ enemies followed by another area with 7+ enemies were ridiculously common.
There were 6 swamps, an area that is literally the tutorial area but at night, 3 graveyards, Cathedral of the Deep, Irythill, the LOL anor londo archers segment, then anor londo again, Irythill Dungeon of the unavoidable damage due to hp drain aura
Or the fact that not a single area is unique, every single one is derivative of a previous game's area?

Yeah the level design in DaS3 sucked massive cocks.
>>
>>334381507
Gameplay
>Shit > BB = DaS1 = DaS2 = DaS3
Story/Lore
Fashion Souls
Bosses
DLC
Weapons
>>
>>334383751
>There were 6 swamps, an area that is literally the tutorial area but at night, 3 graveyards, Cathedral of the Deep, Irythill, the LOL anor londo archers segment, then anor londo again, Irythill Dungeon of the unavoidable damage due to hp drain aura
so? what does das 2 had in comparison? cool looking dragon castle?
>Yeah the level design in DaS3 sucked massive cocks
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think, how old are you?
>>
>>334383996
(you)
>>
There's already a thread, fucker.
>>
>>334384069
DaS2 did not have good levels
but at least its levels were unique

There was nothing new nor interesting in DaS3 areas

Irythill dungeon and profrane capital were the tower of latria
Farron Keep was blight town/5-2
Road of Sacrifices was the forest from BB
Anor Londo was Anor Londo
Irythill was Drangleic meets Anor Londo

Every area was like they just took a place from a previous game and watered it down.
>>
OCELOT? OCELOT?!
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCELOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT
>>
>>334382305
This Nigga!!!
>>
>but at least its levels were unique
>unique
seriously, how old are you? you don't know what you're talking about
>Every area was like they just took a place from a previous game and watered it down
>watered it down
this fucking summerkid
>>
>>334381618
Well let's see... I still play DeS, I still play DaS, I still play DaS2, and I'm currently playing DaS3 actively. Oh, and I dropped BB completely.

Uh yeah, I guess BB is the best.
>>
>>334381507
Where is Demon's souls?
>>
File: 23462345345.jpg (14 KB, 220x284) Image search: [Google]
23462345345.jpg
14 KB, 220x284
Can I skip Demon's Souls?

I only have 2 worlds left to do and am too tempted to cheese the rest of it with Firestorm.
>>
>>334381507
>Gameplay
DaS=DaS3=BB>DaS2

>Story/Lore
BB>rest

Fashion Souls
DaS3>DaS2>DaS>BB

Bosses
BB>DaS3=DaS>DaS2

DLC
BB>DaS2

Weapons
DaS3>DaS>BB>DaS2

Overall
DaS3=DaS=BB>DaS2
>>
>>334383723
Why isn't Shitposting unaffiliated a option? Because those faggot flood every thread about any type of exclusive for any platform and Falseflag the corresponding fanbase to make those fanbases worse than they are.
>>
>>334384365
I'm intrigued by your mindset, kind shitposter.
>>
>>334384107
Mine has a better OP image bitch
>>
File: 4L_NxlopUmY.jpg (95 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
4L_NxlopUmY.jpg
95 KB, 600x900
>>334381507

Quality:Bloodborne is aways first then Demons

Quantity: Dark Souls 3 then Dark Souls 2

Overall: Bloodborne/Dark Souls 3 > Dark Souls 1/Demon Souls > Dark Souls 2 SOTFS
>>
File: 1453584046446.gif (100 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1453584046446.gif
100 KB, 400x400
>>334385353
Guess it's just not for you anon
>>
>>334385481
The last 2 worlds are kinda shit so feel free to skip them.

You'll miss out on a great final boss though.
>>
>>334382305
>Weapons
>>DaS3>BB=DaS2>DaS>DeS
HAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHA
AAAAAAAAAAHHHA
>>
>>334382775
sonypony here

DaS is so fucking obviously the best Souls game. Bloodborne was great, but DaS was a triumph
>>
Speaks for itself that most of these DS3 circle jerkers haven't even played Demons Souls
>>
>>334381507
I don't know what people are seeing in DaS3's gameplay, everything is broken balance wise.
Weapon arts are pretty damn useless bar a few.
90%Two-handed weapons are useless because they're too slow.
Two handing one-handed weapons is useless as it slows down your swings for a negligible dmg increase.
The enemies are far too fast for how slow your character is in general. It feels like at one point your character was faster but they slowed it down in fear of it being too close to Bloodborne, then forgot to do the same for the enemies.
Yet when you do get a fast weapon the game becomes easy mode, because the enemies are predictable as fuck; Yet still fast, so you can only get 1-2 hits in with a fast weapon unless you can stun-lock them.
Also this may be a PS4/30fps thing, but it feels like there's a small delay when you hit a button. Obviously it doesn't feel that good.

DeS had decently fast gameplay.
DaS had slow, deliberate gameplay. With nice impact on your hits
DaS2 had floaty gameplay.
BB had fast reactive gameplay.
DaS3 seems to have tried to mix all these together and fucked up a lot of it.

While I haven't touched Sorceries, Pyromancy, Miracles. From the ones I've been hit by, I've taken little damage from. someone who's used them more can say if they're useless/overpowered/just right.

And before the DaS3 defense force gets here, obviously I like DaS3 .I'm midway through my second play-though now using online stuff. That doesn't mean I can't point out criticisms. Hopefully From fixes some of these issues with patches. Also I'm open for people disagreeing with me, I just hope they can string together more than five words.
>>
Facts straight from someone whos completed all souls games
DeS>DaS>DaS3>DaS2>BB
>>
>>334381507
Overall
DaS>DaS3>BB>DaS2>DeS
>>
>>334388983
Next time you should place BB somewhere in the middle to make it less obvious, pcuck
>>
>>334385481
False King Allant is one of the best Souls bosses of any game.
>>
>>334389231
>he hates bb so hes a pcuck
Want me to prove I have every souls game?
Some on multiple platforms?

Awaiting the response claiming I have shit taste.
>>
File: IMG_20160309_212623.jpg (127 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160309_212623.jpg
127 KB, 960x540
>Play Das
>Shit is GOAT
>That amazing boss fight in Anor Londo
>Bosses and areas after have been shit and way too easy
>Don't even feel like playing anymore

How did they fuck up so hard?
>>
>>334381507
BB > DaS > DaS3 > DeS > DaS2

BB is simply the best, most detailed, most complete game with the best bosses, weapons, and level design. Those who disagree are assblasted PCucks and people who never beat Gacsione.
>>
>>334389373
Yeah I totally want you to send the pics you took from your friend
No one would rate BB last, no amount of shit taste could change this
>>
Gameplay
DaS > DaS2 > DaS3 = DeS

Story/Lore
DaS > DeS > everything else

Fashion Souls
DaS > 3 > 2 > DeS

Bosses
AotA > DaS > DaS3 > DeS > DaS2

Weapons
DeS > DaS > DaS3 if they buff boss weapons > DaS2 > DaS3 if we get no balance patch

Haven't played 2 DLC or BB yet.
>>
>>334389521
>wan't me to prove it
>n-no you just have shit taste
This is scripted right?
>>
>>334381507
Overall is:

DaS3 > DaS1 > DeS > BB > DaS2

Only sonyggers will disagree with this ranking.
>>
The posts in this thread are either
a)
BB > Souls
>if u disagree ur an assblasted pc cuck ur just jelly u cant play
or
b)
Souls > BB
>lol if u disagree ur a retarded sonygger
>>
>>334384365
I agree that there's enough interesting-looking worlds in Ds3, but I think Ds3 has some of the best version of all of the areas.

Ds2 had cool areas, and then you realize it's just a corridor with nothing to it.
It's like they made a bunch of assets, but when it came to putting in the game they rushed through it.
>>
>>334383478
Even if das3 was magnitudes better, it wouldn't invalidate the existence of bb, nor the fact that you can't play it, nor the fact that a ps4 owner can just play both and lose nothing.

Also, newer games are SUPPOSED to be better, so it would be pretty unreasonable for bb fans to expect das3 to be a worse game in the first place. And again, a bb player can just enjoy both so wins either way.

Your post just sounds like sour grapes my man.

>>334385353
You win either way bro. You can enjoy them all.
>>
>>334382775
See
>>334390694
Regarding the "average sonypony" (literally a persona made up on /v/ by falseflaggers anyway)
>>
>>334381507
Every Category
>DeS>The Rest
>>
>>334381507
Gameplay
BB > DS > DeS > DS3 >>> DS2

Story/Lore
DS > BB > DeS > DS3 >>> DS2

Bosses
BB > DS3 > DeS > DS1 >>> DS2

Level Design
DS > DeS > DS3 > BB >>> DS2

Don't care for the rest but DS2 is far and away the worst game. It doesn't deserve the name TBQH.
>>
>never got past the flamelurker
I never had a problem on him, I don't think anyone I know had a problem with him, is flamelurker being hard a meme?
>>
>>334390943
this desu senpai
>>
>>334391303
>It doesn't deserve the name TBQH
>but he rates bb higher than anything else
>>
>>334389417
The game is literally unfinished.
>>
>>334385457
He's one of those nu-Souls players.
>>
>>334390943
pretty much this, DeS did everything right
>>
None of them have left me with the "feeling" that DaS left me with. I don't know what it is but DaS is just so special and I don't know how to describe what just makes it better than the rest to me.
>>
File: cr8ton chillin out.png (659 KB, 804x414) Image search: [Google]
cr8ton chillin out.png
659 KB, 804x414
Gameplay
>DaS3=BB>DaS>DaS2

Story/Lore
>DaS3=BB=DaS>DaS2

Fashion Souls
>DaS3>BB=DaS2>DaS

Bosses
>BB>DaS3=DaS>DaS2

DLC
>BB=DaS=DaS2

Weapons
>DaS3>DaS>DaS2=BB

Overall
>DaS3=BB>DaS>>DaS2

Loved all the games but the power gap between DaS and DaS2 is huuuge.
>>
>>334391303
>Gameplay
>DS3 worse than DeS

What the fuck

Your taste is a fucking joke.
>>
Sonyger still haven't figured out that BB was the worst souls game.
Even DS2 had better character variety and more interesting weapons.

BB is basically a down washed version of DS so that even retards(aka sonygers) can understand the game.
>>
anyone else just glad that DS3 is actually good

after the shitshow that 2 was I still enjoyed it it just feels good
>>
>>334390943
Gameplay was objectively the worst desu (no poise made str weapons/heavy armor wack). It's still my favorite in the series though.
>>
>>334391872
Fuck off.

BB is just as good as DaS.

DaS2/DeS are the worst souls games

>DaS2 had more interesting weapons
Jesus fucking christ
>>
>>334391694
>weapons
>bb at the bottom with trash tier
Are you retarded?
>>
>>334391884
Yeah, I was worried at the start of the game. Luckily it got better after the catacombs.

I have to say though. I really hope DS4 isn't a thing for a very long time. I'm really tired of the same setting.
>>
>>334390943
Gameplay was objectively the worst desu (no poise made str weapons/heavy armor wack). It's still my favorite in the souls series regardless.
>>
>>334391872
>more interesting weapons
lel, bloodborne wins GOTY just for the weapons
>>
>>334392052
My mistake, it should've been
>DaS3>BB=DaS>DaS2
>>
>>334390943
>shit gameplay
>uninteresting npcs
>shit weapons
>most of the bosses are a fucking joke
>retarded magic
>literally dark fantasy FFX visual design
>>
>>334391872
I'll bite. Why is it the worst? Only real issue I had with it was the lack of variety in builds.
>>
>>334392203
Well I haven't played DaS3 but I doubt the weapons could be better than BB's. Most people don't realize exactly how expansive weapon movesets are in BB, every single one of them is interesting and fun to use.
>>
Fuck that, I'm not doing all of those rankings.

DaS > DeS > DaS3 > BB > SOTFS
>>
>>334385592
I can agree to this. No need to post my opinion when you already did it for me, thanks.
>>
>>334388960
I don't understand how they fucked up the weapons so badly

I tried using smough's hammer

outside of abusing the super armor (that goes through all attacks once it's charged enough) on the R2, it is too slow to do anything on most bosses. Like you could dodge an entire attack string and the boss would be in cooldown, but an r1 would still be too slow.

While on the otherhand I raped 90% of the bosses with the reinforced club because it shat damage out the ass and was fast enough that I could rolling r1 punish midcombo to rack up insane damage.
>>
>>334392327
>shit gameplay
Same gameplay since ever tard
>uninteresting npcs
You mean most interesting NPCs? I get it's subjective but come on man
>shit weapons
Morion Blade, Meat Cleaver, BBS, DBS and Scraping Spear will disagree with you
>most of the bosses are a fucking joke
Most of the bosses are easy but all of the bosses are interesting. Still subjective but easy doesn't mean bad, see Storm King
>retarded magic
As opposed to logical magic? Magic was always broken in Souls games and still is.
>literally dark fantasy FFX visual design
lol what does that even mean idiot shitposter
>>
>>334392039
>DaS2/DeS are the worst souls games
>DeS

DeS had the best area design and some of the best bosses in the series, have you even played it?
>>
>>334388960
>Two handing one-handed weapons is useless as it slows down your swings for a negligible dmg increase.
Why didn't they make it to where you swing faster when two handing weapons? You'd have two arms so you'd think you'd be able to swing faster with an additional arm.
>>
>>334392808
Whenever you see someone say DeS is bad just ignore them completely, it's not worth your time to explain to them exactly how much retarded they are.
>>
>>334381507
Roll roll attack
>>
>>334392892
because two hands means more str, so obviously that means slower but stronger strikes!
and by stronger I mean 10dmg more.

2h is garbage.
Hell heavy weapons in general get fucked because flynns ring makes smaller, faster weapons even stronger.
>>
>>334390694
I expected DS3 to be worse because of DS2 and critics have validated me for shitposting purposes

:^)
>>
>da2 dlc is good

Its more of the same shit. Theres nothing good about it. It just feels like stuff they made while the game was being made that was left out.

First dlc was fucking atrocious. Level design was bland as fuck and the biss fights were lazy and uninspired. The second dlc was horrible as well. Reusing smeltor and having a retarded nip katana fag as the main boss was retarded.

Third dlc was the only decent one and not even great using the same fucking boss twice. The only redeeming factor is the king boss fight with the knights.

So literally out of all three dlcs the only fun thing was one boss fight. Fuck ds2 was horrible
>>
>>334381507
I have only beaten the first boss in bloodborne (don't own a ps4, played it at a friends house) and gave up at the flame lurker in Demon's, so I can't really say where they land, but as far as Dark Souls goes, I think they're all equally good.

Dark Souls has the best designed world, SotFS has the variety of weapons and areas (despite them not being cohesive as a whole), and Dark Souls 3 has the best combat but I'm honestly not too wild about any of the zones I've encountered so far (I'm at Boreal Valley), they just don't seem as memorable as the first 2 games to me
>>
>>334391872
>ds2 had more interesting weapons

Yeah senpai i loved how they all shared the exact same animations too so it literally didnt matter what you were using becUse they were all the same. Kys
>>
Most people seem to regard DaS3 having some of, if not the best gameplay. What exactly does it do different from DaS1 and DaS2 that makes it so much better? I haven't played it yet since I am waiting on my paycheck.
>>
>>334393064
Halberd gets a slight boost in speed when two handing, its nice. I assume it happens only to Spears, Lances and Scythes
>>
I dont know if I've just gotten gud or its Souls Burnout but DaS 3 really isnt doing it for me. I don't particularly care to examine the lore because "lol its Lordran under a different name." and I've died a grand total of 4 times to all the bosses I've fought so far. twice to vordt, once to giant tree, and once to Old Demon King.

I just reached Boreal Valley and everyone has been saying Pontiff is super tough so I am looking forward to that.

Gameplay mechanics wise its definitely the most sound of the souls games. I like how they've punished excessive use of shielding by making them super easy to break and get riposted and put much more emphasis on dodging. Though that might be a problem since I'm already really good at dodging from the past games and BB so perhaps thats why I find it so easy
>>
>>334394065
It takes all weapons that are larger than a longsword and makes them terrible.
>>
>>334381507
BB was too boring for me
>>
>>334394065
It's extremely fluid and similiar to DaS. Also it looks good, feels responsive and allows you to do some really crazy shit if you know the mechanics.
>>
DaS3 that good? You sure its not just the honeymoon period? been on the fence since I played BB and went back and played the Souls games, theyre just very slow and methodical, I dont really want to pay for the same experience a third time.
>>
>>334394065
Honeymoon period. I'd argue that it's worse than DaS1, but better than DaS2.
Ranking them I'd go
Melee Gamplay

BB>DaS1>DeS>DaS3>DaS2

DaS1 is slow and deliberate, feels nice to hit things. Timing is essential.
DaS2 is floaty, your hits lack impact. Just roll then spam R1.
DaS3 Heavy weapons try to be slow and deliberate, but lol too slow you get hit. Light weapons are roll hit R1 twice at most or, lol you get hit. Light weapons don't have the same impact as DaS1 but not as floaty as Das2.
>>334388960
tl:dr, enemies are fast, you're too slow
>>
>>334381507
I just realized that every cover art had their back turned while traveling in to the unknown while dark souls 3 art were just like "lol look at my hand,hahaha buy my game pls"
>>
>people think ds2 dlc is better than old hunters

I'd rather play old hunters 3 times through than play each ds2 area
>>
>>334394748
I wouldn't get it.
The game really is just more of the same, but it doesn't even try to hide it with a different coat of paint.
Basically every area is just 'hey, remember area from X souls game? Let's do it again'
Bosses really aren't anything special for the most part, and they go back to the DeS style of if it is a boss, it needs a gimmick.
Turns out gimmick bosses aren't fun the second time either.

Heavy weapons are all awful, near unusable if you don't abuse charged R2's for super armor and then just chug off the damage.
>>
>>334395048
Ds2 dlc was just as bad as the main gme.
>>
>>334381507
DaS3 = DaS > BB > DeS >>> DasII
At least so far. When the DaS3 DLC releases it could very well easily be the GOAT.
>>
>>334388882
demon souls is overrated as fuck you nostalgia faggot. it feels clunky and outdated as fuck by now, you're remembering it with rose tinted glasses. it was great for its time but the gameplay has been improved upon by so much since then
>>
>>334392419
BB has so little variety. Sure, the weapons that are there have big movesets, but there's only a couple dozen there compared to hundreds.
>>
Honestly after beating dark souls 3 I feel that it's BB>DaS3>DaS1>DeS>DaS2.
>>
>>334381507

Overall
Shit>BB>DaS3>DaS>DaS2
>>
>>334381507

>BB in 4/6

Sonygger thread lol
>>
>>334389321

soul of cinder is better
>>
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 450x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 450x500
>you need to decrypt and unlock npc events in highly specific timed sequences to get all endings

You know what DS3? Fuck you

I didn't even know BB HAD npcs my first playthrough. This cryptic horseshit is just bad design.

If you need to be a data miner just to play the fucking game the way you want, you fucking suck at mission design.
>>
File: 1425190807131.jpg (34 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1425190807131.jpg
34 KB, 400x400
>>334381507
>Sonyggers trying to stay relevant with their 10 fps 720p meme game
It's over fampai, let it go. Soon BB will be emulated and you'll be able to play it at 1080p/60fps
>>
>>334390694
BB still is better than DaS because it's not a direct sequel and tries something new and it succeeded.

It's more interesting than DaS3 in every way of the lore and characters.
>>
>>334395939
Oh yeah
I talked to anri and co. but then went to catacombs instead of cathedral and suddenly "Oh, you get fucked out of every single questline"
it was real cute
>>
>>334391872
The theme of BB is very clear and the game itself is a minimalistic approach to the Souls franchise. BB sets the stone for the future, while DaS3 remains a rehash sequel
>>
>gameplay
> das better than das2

Nigga wat, das2 is literally updated das1 without dumb shit like poise or backstab spam
>>
>>334381507
Gameplay
>BB=DaS3>DaS>DaS2>DeS

Story/Lore
>DeS>DaS>BB>DaS3>DaS2

Fashion Souls
>DaS3>DaS2>DaS>BB>DeS

Bosses
>DaS3>BB>DaS>DeS>DaS2

DLC
>DaS>DaS2>BB

Weapons
>BB>DaS3>DaS2>DaS>DeS

Build Variety
>DaS2>DaS3>DaS>DeS>BB (I'm not sure though, this isn't my forte)

Level Design
>DaS3>DeS>BB>DaS>DaS2

World Design
>DaS>BB>DaS3>DeS>DaS2

Enemies
>DaS3>BB>DeS>DaS>DaS2

Soundtrack
>DaS>DaS3>DeS>BB>DaS2
>>
Don't forget to rank ost because the series has amazing music

>BB>DAS>DAS2>DAS3>DES
>>
>>334395456
>hundreds of clones versus 20 something unique weapons
tuff choice
>>
>>334397114
I'd take hundreds of clones anyday, they all look different, offer plenty more fighting styles. Plus you're not stuck with the same gear most the way of the game.
>>
>>334397520
You make a 99 ARC build with Parasite and fire saw weapons and tell me that's not the most fun you've had in a while.
>>
>>334396519
>BB sets the stone for the future
Miyazaki has said that he regrets how restrictive Bloodborne is, so I doubt they will keep that direction
>>
>>334397724
>not dual caestus is das2
>talking shit about the most fun you could have in souls
>>
File: 1449605498408.gif (665 KB, 300x309) Image search: [Google]
1449605498408.gif
665 KB, 300x309
>>334397786
>tfw this BTFO every single BB fags
>>
>>334398009
>whooo look at me I'm spinning around!
versus
>let me summon the stars and cosmos to completely obliterate this boss right here while looking like a japanese hentai tentacle man
>>
>>334395939
Okay, fuck you for being dumb.

I missed out ONE NPC in Bloodbourne, and it's the one that doesn't even give you anything and just complains. And how is Gilbert not an NPC or Eileen the Crow, Queen of the Vilebloods and of Cainhurst, Master Willem, ALFRED for gods sake is so easy to find.

It's like you people don't explore all areas at least twice or thrice, making sure you havent missed and actually getting some combat experience with any kind of enemy.

In DaS3 i agree. Some triggering events are past my understandmend of the game. I can't find Siegward for shit after the well.
>>
Fuck dark souls 3 im pretty sure i broke the game on myself. spoilers by the way. When you place lotrics remains on his throne and bend the knee it kills ludleth. I didnt want him to die because i want to transpose more so i quit the game and reloaded. NOW HE'S DEAD AND I CANT BEND THE KNEE ANYMORE FUCK
>>
>>334397724
>pure arc
>pure bt
>skill
>str
>quality
Woah
So much variety
>>
>>334398463
>hit things with blue sword
>hit things with yellow sword
>hit things with slightly larger sword
Woah
So much variety
>>
>>334398174
Being a meme man isnt fun
>>
>>334398673
I'm not a memester myself just replying in the same fashion
>>
>>334398174
>walk into a bunch of about 20 enemies
>start swinging
>everyones getting fucking stun locked
or
>be a pussy and stay 5 feet away from enemies
>wowee look at my wacky tentacles
Even the creator of the game fucking hated this.
>look how useluess I am against actual people
>start crying because bb2 will never happen
>>
>>334398807
>be a tard
>play DaS2
You took it too far, I didn't want to call you out on your shit taste
>>
>>334398593
Str
Dex
Quality
Int
Fai
Pyro (INT+FAI)
Str-INT
Str-FAI
Dex-INT
Dex-FAI
LUCK (can spec into damage or bleed from here)
LUCK-FAI
LUCK-INT

>Not a lot of variety
>>
>>334398919
>calls dark souls 2 shit
>while calling bb good
>>
>>334381507
DaS>DaS3>DeS>DaS2

Now that the series come to an end, I still believe Dark Souls is the true masterpiece here. The other games just make its qualities shine even more, because no other Souls managed to reproduce what was so great about DaS.

For me, it's all about the level/world design and the sense of adventure.
In Dark Souls, you feel like you're really travelling around a dying world. The world make sense and the fact that you have to travel by foot make you feel weak and even lost at times, because there is no reference point where you feel safe at all times like in the other games, because you don't have to go back anywhere to level up. You're lost then (thanks to the interconnected world) you come across something you've seen before, and from there you start making a mental map of the game, that's great exploration.

The pace is perfect, you simply go on your journey, explore the world the way you want and level up on your path, it's so natural and the level design is so great that you never feel like going from a point to another is a chore. It's simply a pleasant and coherent world to traverse. The pace being kinda slow also really fit the mood of the game, adding to the atmosphere.

Then they ruined it right after/at Anor Londo with the branches of levels leading to each lord (except New Londo) and because they rushed these parts, they had to fix it with teleportation because backtracking these linear areas would be awful. This is the real tragedy about the later tier of DaS.

And after that, after DaS (which was a huge step in the right direction in terms of world design and sense of adventure) for some reason they felt like teleportation should be a thing from the start, strongly ruining the immersion and sense of weakness because you can always "back up" somewhere safe. Something that could've been improved was truly lost here.
Now we have something less slow-paced and with loading screens.

Haven't played BB, it looks great though
>>
>>334399456
I honestly agree with you. Although Dark Souls 3 is the closest we will ever get to DaS1's greatness.

>Haven't played BB, it looks great though

BB is even worse.

Imagine all the worst parts of PVE and PVP put into one game.
>>
>>334381507
Patrician taste.
>>
>>334383996
(you)
>>
>>334398924
Are you trying to argue with a bloodfag ?
>>
>>334398924
and then we have the viable PVP builds
>DEX
>STR
>Pyro/Mage/Faith
or the one that just shits on everyone else
>Vigor/End with raw weapons
Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.