[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why would DS3 actually take 3 steps back and not include side
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: father-gascoigne-2.jpg (174 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
father-gascoigne-2.jpg
174 KB, 1920x1080
Why would DS3 actually take 3 steps back and not include side stepping or counter attacks or combo attacks or charge attacks or even the ability to grind to win?
>>
>>334379723
>side stepping
Its in
>>
>Side stepping

Its in, use daggers or some other small weapons

>Counter attacks

Are in, there is even a very distinct sound when you land a counter hit, it causes more stagger too.

>Charge attacks

Again... just hold the R2 button, did you ever play the game?

>Ability to grind to win

What exactly keeps you from grinding in DS3?
>>
>>334379723
Charge attacks are in and some weapons got side stepping. Some weapons do more damage when you counter attack.
>>
>>334379723
I'm pretty sure all of these things are actually in DS3.

>Side stepping is a skill on some weapons.
>Parry and riposte has been a thing since Demon's Souls.
>You can charge R2 attacks just like in Bloodborne now.
>You're free to grind as many souls as you want to level up or whatever.

I don't know what you mean by combo attacks, but it's not like every weapon only has one single attack that's done over and over.
>>
>>334379723
>combo attacks
What? Unlike DaS2, you can link every attack of your moveset.
>>
>>334379723
All of that is in the game from what I've played. I do wish there was a ring that allowed Bloodborne dashing providing you had a low equip load, though.
>>
>>334379980
>>334380249
Side dashing and dashing forward? And sucks it's only for daggers. Counters with the gun was awesome too.
>>
>>334380423
DLC
L
C
>>
>>334380452
I though you meant normal counter attacks, which exist in DS3 and are easy to do with long weapons like spears or halberds. But the parries are back to shields and such. AFAIK there are no ways to score a ranged parry like in BB anymore.
>>
>>334380423
That would make Daggers completely useless.
>>
>OP in charge of not being retarded
>>
>>334380495
I can hope.
>>334380775
Not really. You'd be sacrificing a lot of defense for it, and you'd lose the roll entirely. Are the daggers even used outside of getting through deep water segments?
>>
>>334381018
Just because meme shitters can't use daggers it doesn't mean From has to make the whole weapon class obsolete by a ring slot.
>>
>>334381131
>meme shitters
Are you retarded, or is your vocabulary just restricted by shitposting? You do realise things can co-exist with good balancing, right? I know From aren't too good at doing that, but stop being a total aspie for five seconds so you don't get upset that somebody doesn't want to use the daggers solely for the dash.
>>
>>334381587

Sure, it's possible to balance, but your suggestion of a ring giving the dash dodge would not be balanced.
>>
>>334381587
Want to dash? Equip daggers, you nig nog.
>>
>>334381979
Even at low equipment loads? If you've got daggers and good armour, and I have a sword with no armour, and we can both dash, what's the problem?
>>334382030
No thanks, I don't want to use the daggers just to dash. Hence the reason I wanted another reason to dash. I know it can be hard to follow, you're more than welcome to just not bother responding if you're getting lost.
>>
>>334382331
The problem is, as the other poster is saying, that this would make daggers completely obsolete. Not only that but that ring would basically be mandatory. The dash is EXTREMELY powerful.
>>
>>334382567
Maybe I'm just not aware of how easy it is to get a low equip load, but a low one for the ring to work seems like a big trade off. I'll admit I didn't use the daggers for very long, replaced them shortly after finishing Farron Keep, but I can't say I used the dash more than I rolled. I guess the ring having no FP drain would be quite an issue, maybe they could increase the stamina needed to dash with a ring.
Regardless, I doubt it'd ever happen, but it was something I wanted. I can live without it.
>>
>>334379723
WEAPON
ARTS
LOLMAO
>>
>>334383509
The regeneration of health was a plus as well. So was bloodvials.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.