[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any tips for a n00b? I've started a couple games and by
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1460571811729.png (353 KB, 616x340) Image search: [Google]
1460571811729.png
353 KB, 616x340
Any tips for a n00b? I've started a couple games and by turn 20 it always seems like the AI are 100+ points ahead of me.
>>
At turn 20 you should already have a second city. Never stop expanding. Concentrate with your cities on production to build all the shit you need. Ultimately science is king. Never stop expanding.
>>
>>334378157
Damn a second city at 20? It often takes 8 turns just to make a settler. Should I not bother improving my first city until I have a couple others?
>>
>>334378520
>Should I not bother improving my first city until I have a couple others?
Basically. You can build this one building that I can't remember the name of, which gives you a lot of bonusses and you only can build once. Then you might produce the settler, or build a building that gives more production. Don't forget that you can also buy units and buildings this early on.

But I believe those 20 turns are just a guideline. You didn't lost your game if you expand at turn 22.
>>
>>334378875
Alright. I guess I fixated too much on improving my first city before expanding.

Is it beneficial to have a hero for each city you have? Like once I have my second city I should look to get a 2nd hero? And is their governor role worth it? I've just been exploring a lot since the quests call for it.

And thanks for the tips. I've played a lot of Civ 3, 4, and 5 and I'm loving endless legend so far. It's obviously different from civ though
>>
>>334379098
>Is it beneficial to have a hero for each city you have?
It probably would, also to take them as commanders for your armies. They help a lot. Though I never had so much that I could put them in every city. If you concentrate on your faction skills they become great governors, because those skills give you the bonusses you want. It doesn't hurt to have a hero with class specific skills, those are often pretty strong fighters. Using your first hero to explore is a good idea IMO. He gets some nice exp and you don't have to fear neutral units so much.

But honestly I'm not soooo sure about how to use heroes correctly. The heroes of your own faction seem to be the most useful, this would make sense, right? Though sometimes I like to get some heroes from other factions.
>>
>>334377868
yes,get a life faggot
>>
>>334379098
>Is it beneficial to have a hero for each city you have?
Winter immunity, your cities are not affected by any of the adverse effects of winter.
All the stat boni are also great, dependent on the faction, SoM are useless.
>>
>>334378520
>It often takes 8 turns just to make a settler.
You either didn't move your citizens to industry production, or you settled somewhere that doesn't have any industry. In case of the former, just move your citizens, in case of the latter, start over.
>>
What's the most OP Civ?
>>
It depends on who you're playing as. But in general
>use your first hero to explore a bit so he can level up, then put him on the a city
>buy heroes whenever you get the chance, use them as governors when they don't have to lead armies as they'll benefit your cities and gain exp in the process
>heroes of different factions generally have skills tooled towards their faction's specialty so mix and match, lords boost dust, clans boost trade, necros boost food, cultists are all-arounders etc.
>don't skimp on acquiring luxury resources, rush for dustwater as soon as you can
>figure out how city district leveling works, for maximum efficiency your cities will either look like long two-tile-thick lines or big triangles
>parlaying is a useful research for pacifying entire regions of neutrals, but it's better to just destroy and rebuild if there's only one village and the quest is bullshit
>don't forget to upgrade your units
>assimilate neutral factions wisely, i.e. don't assimilate Sisters of Mercy as Broken Lords
>you won't be getting every research in the later tiers, but early on you're going to get pretty much everything
>>
>>334381508
The Broken Lords.

Slow starters, but can easily get upwards of 20k dust per turn. And since how fast they grow is regulated by how much dust they make, you will have lots and lots of fuckhuge massive cities and the capability to buy out everything.
>>
File: 1460093509264.jpg (78 KB, 391x517) Image search: [Google]
1460093509264.jpg
78 KB, 391x517
>>334381302
Alright. Guess industry is more important than food in the beginning.

Thanks gents!
>>
if i somehow dont have this game running through steam, is it still possible to enable the console commands? i wanna use map data
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.