[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Its on sale now. Is it churyaze enough?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: darksiders.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
darksiders.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1600
Its on sale now. Is it churyaze enough?
>>
No, it's literally grimdark Zelda.
>>
>>334373558
Its good, go for it if you have the sheckels
>>334373724
Shit taste faggot confirmed
>>
is the gameplay challanging at least?
>>
>>334373767
I really liked the visuals, but I have learned not to buy a game based just on that.
>>
Personally I'd go straight to 2. The combat is so shallow it makes god of war look like Devil May Cry
>>
the boss fights are kinda annoying, but the other parts of the game are alright.
>>
2 is better, go for that.
>>
>>334373558
watered down god of war meets zelda puzzles, it's alright. 2nd game was better.

rip in peace thq ;_;
>>
>>334373558
It's not as cuhrayzee as it could've been. It's my understanding that the developers dialed the combo back a bit because they were afraid of alienating the audience. What bothers me more is that Platinum Games had considered buying out the franchise when THQ went down, but some other company got it before they could.
>>
>>334373964

Yeah. 1 is a neat hodgepodge of other titles but 2 is a legitimately great game.
>>
>>334374582
Damn, that's really disappointing. This should be one of those games where you can become carnage in incarnate, and have lots of combos.

Also that means if no 3rd game appeared so far, then it will never happen.
Shit Platinum games could have mad it a real kicker.

>>334374075
>>334374756
pity, I liked War a bit better than Death
>>
>>334374937
>pity, I liked War a bit better than Death

By what, design?

I can't say I'm hugely fond of either, but at least death kind of seems to have a personality. War was boring
>>
>>334375156
By design of course. I like huge armors, and powerfists. While death showed a little too much skin for my taste.

Death was a bro, but War was closer to the image of an enforcer of neturality that used to keep Heaven and Hell in check

Also, I really liked Samael, who appears more in the first game
>>
>>334374582
Why the fuck do people around here like Platinum so goddamn much?
>>
>>334375515
>why do people like a game developer around here?
Gee, I dunnow, maybe we think platinum is the most awesome metal, is that it?
>>
>>334373964

I actually found 1 way better.

1: Only stat upgrades are health and wrath(mana) upgrades and a flat bonus to damage at the very end of the game.

2: You have levelups and gear with stats like in RPGs meaning it's extremely easy to be overleveled or overgeared and lose any fun you might have in combat. Similarly it's possible to stumble upon an area and be so underleveled you can deal virtually no damage which is fucking stupid.

1: Chests are plentiful but not all over the place and there is always something meaningful in them like health, currency or an upgrade

2: Chests everywhere, most of them have total shit gear making finding chests feel completely mundane.

1: Game is shorter than 2 but no area feels repetitive. Similarly to Zelda there is an overworld that mainly exists as a mean to go into dungeons but also has its share of secrets

2: Game world is huge but mostly empty, there are extra dungeons that feel just like copy pasted areas where you do the same platforming/wall climbing over and over again. Ambitions and nice idea to add extra content but fell flat on execution.

1. You only have three weapons but they all have very practical movesets, you can chain various attacks in any way you want and make your own combos.

2. You have one main weapon with preset combos that don't really feel different enough from each other that it would matter which one you use. You can now push a button at any time to move the combo into the air so that's at least kinda nice. multiple subweapons but they all are limited in the attack department and you will probably use hammers anyway because they are way more effective than anything else.

1. To customize your character you have various buffs you can set on your weapons such as a flaming enchant, life drain and so on. Nice and gives a visual effect as well but there aren't too many of them.

2. Skill trees! This is the only thing I really liked more in 2 though I wish there were more than 2 trees.
>>
>>334376580
tl;dr:

1 is more like a "Zelda with improved combat", takes place in post apocalyptic Earth and you play a powerhouse character with blocks and parries.

2 is an action RPG with loot and all that jazz. More content but a lot of it feels samey. You play a nimble dude with dodges and some magic (necromancy).

That being said I think 2 is absolutely worth playing as well.
>>
>>334376580
>>334376774
Thanks for your input. I think I'll go for it.
>>
Darksiders 1 is:
50% Zelda
40% God of War
10% other stuff like Portal, Hulk UD, SOTC etc

Good game. A bit too easy and simple though.
>>
>>334376917
Also iirc the very beginning of the first game sort of felt dull to me but once you get to the first dungeon and everything from there I absolutely loved so even if you don't immediately like it I urge you to at least play for a couple of hours.
>>
>>334377116
The main problem I have with DS1 in terms of easiness is they didn't up the enemy strength enough. The beginning of the game is actually the most challenging since you don't have much health but after a bunch of upgrades enemy damage starts to feel pretty non-threatening. In the first dungeon I remember there being a room that is pretty tough every time I play and the boss can cause trouble as well but past that the rest of the game feels easy enough. Though people also give a pass to the Zelda series even though it's not hard at all so it's not that much of a problem and you can always challenge yourself by not picking up health upgrades or the like.
>>
>>334377389
Yeah true, I'll try that next time I play.

I also find the puzzles way too easy though. If I don't even have to think, it just feels like busy work to run around pulling levers and hopping on platforms. That was a bigger problem for me.
>>
>>334377612
I think 2 actually had a few head scratchers but I could just be dumb.
>>
File: 1449626897671.gif (2 MB, 382x369) Image search: [Google]
1449626897671.gif
2 MB, 382x369
THE BEAMS
REDIRECT THE BEAMS
>>
>>334377740
Yeah overall I think 2 is better. It's slightly bloated but I think I got more enjoyment from it than the first game.

The land of the dead area is about three times too long and I wish there was a sword weapon, but the dungeons are better and even the optional ones are pretty good. But man that land of the dead area is so gray/green and boring.
>>
I LOVE THIS GAME, THE ARTSTYLE IS SUPERB
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY DARKSIDERS 3 NORDIC
>>
It's five dollars for both, not a bad deal. The first one is meh, the second one is okay.
>>
>>334374582
Source on plat games wanting the darksiders franchise?

I'm getting really sad now imagining what Darksiders 3 could have been combat wise, especially considering the darksiders devs said they wanted all 4 playable for the 3rd game, and that the new TMNT game has 4 characters
>>
>>334373558
its a clone of zelda
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.