[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi want to play S.T.A.L.K.E.R. for the first time, which mod
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: images.jpg (3 KB, 180x90) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3 KB, 180x90
Hi want to play S.T.A.L.K.E.R. for the first time, which mod i have to install to really appreciate it?
>>
None
>>
>>334365476
not even a graphic mod?
>>
>>334365331
Which game, also usually people say to do a vanilla playthrough first.
>>
None, set the difficulty to Master and be prepared to quicksave a lot early on
>>
>>334365331
Patching the game and setting the difficulty to master is all you need.
>>
>>334365531
the first one
>>
Nothing, also go to the STALKER general on /vg/ if you want to know how to get started.
>>
>>334365561
This.

I also changed my camera height because I couldn't stand looking at ppl chest.
>>
>>334365331
One of the gazillion difficulty mods, which make bullets one shot you if they graze the tip of your boot.
>>
File: stalker.png (1 MB, 1536x1250) Image search: [Google]
stalker.png
1 MB, 1536x1250
Here you go, OP
>>
File: 1453858957004.png (24 KB, 559x484) Image search: [Google]
1453858957004.png
24 KB, 559x484
Generally you want your first play-through to be vanilla. Except for the Zone Reclamation Project to fix some bugs, you should go in pure. Also check out /sg/.
>>
>>334365331
The stalker general on /vg/ has a list of mods to consider, but in general the advice is "go vanilla, save the mods for when you feel like doing a second run"
>>
There's no reason not to use Zone Reclamation Project for your first run
>>
>>334365331
how about you play the game first to see if you like it before you go full cheeki breeki with mods. chances are you'll get your ass kicked at the first bandit house and run back here to make a games /v/ told you was great but were shit thread like the other 98% of people who play it for the first time do. i would love nothing more than to be proven wrong though, the stalker games are utterly wonderful and more people that love them the better.
>>
File: 8oSFC3eb.jpg (17 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
8oSFC3eb.jpg
17 KB, 160x160
>>334365331
In the same position as OP.

Are there any mods that spruce up the graphics a bit without touching anything else?
>>
Is there an English translation of the Co-op mod? I can't seem to find it.

Also, is it any good? It seems interesting.
Thanks
>>
>>334368028
bump
>>
Damn threads keep reminding me theres no 2.
>>
>>334369635
i heard about an MMO about S.T.A.L.K.E.R. universe, did they cancelled it?
>>
>>334370794
Survivarium maybe? Turned out to be shit from what I heard.

Escape from Tarkov shares the aesthetic but the universe is different. Not out yet but looks sweet though.
>>
>>334365507

Stalker Complete 2009 but its not a desperate necessity. Game is plenty atmospheric no matter what you do. I'd say play the game as vanilla as possible
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.