[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Insurgency - HOW TO GET GOOD?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: insurgencyjpg-0d2782_1280w.jpg (113 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
insurgencyjpg-0d2782_1280w.jpg
113 KB, 1280x720
Anyone got any pointers on how to get better at Insurgency? I don't know if it is normal or am I that shit, but most times when I die I can't even pinpoint who and where was shooting at me.
I can't seem to find my 'comfort zone' with loadouts too.
Please advise.
>>
>>334351381

If you're getting shot at, think about where you could be getting shot at. Where would you be that has good cover or concealment, yet a view of you?

That's where the enemy is.

If you can't figure that out because there's too many variables, you're in a stupidly exposed area and just shouldn't be there.
>>
>>334351381
Take it slow and use real-life tactitcs.
Only use auto-fire in close-quaters.
>>
>>334351381
Either take it very slowly or rush around and shoot everyone and baseball slide like a faggot. Positioning is everything because guns are very accurate and lethal, and it's very easy to spot people moving around. Also if you're getting shot, going prone will not help you if you don't have cover, you should immediately start running in a different direction than the one you are going and find something to hide behind.
>>
Try to camp somewhere close to enemy spam and just rekt whole wave, when they come close.
>>
File: 1414798526119.jpg (135 KB, 625x922) Image search: [Google]
1414798526119.jpg
135 KB, 625x922
>>334351381
>the insurgency devs are working full time on releasing a console version of the game with campaign, and based around esport
>and they are happy to announce that

Why them? this was a great game.
>>
>>334351381
1. read some guides on best loadouts and strategies
2. learn the maps. The best way is to play as much as you can
3. Follow others, don't rush in alone
4. Take it slow and observe the surroundings

etc.
>>
>>334351381
Good aim is most of the work. Try using smokes as cover and sneaking behind enemies. Silencers are actually very useful too.
>>
>>334351381
>Go paintballing, where you actually have to use cover, and your sense of hearing as well as sight to figure out where people are. The adrenaline of getting shot at will make you be more selective about your movement as well.
>git gud at paintball
>transfer what you learned to vidya. Remember that sticking your head out at the wrong time and rushing in like a retard will most likely get you lit the fuck up.
>>
Just find a nice corner to camp at and stay there for the rest of the round. Thats insurgency in a nutshell.
>>
just use an RPG and return to resupply.
>>
Uninstall and play a better game. Insurgency is garbage.
>>
you said it yourself

Git

Gud
>>
>>334353790
>Uninstall and play a better game. Insurgency is garbage.
What game?
INB4 R6 Siege
>>
>>334352125
Literally the worst advice I have ever seen.

Don't kid yourself, Insurgency is nowhere near realistic. Its movement is arcade as fuck and its gunplay is babbys first "realistic" shooter. Equip as little as possible and rush everything, check corners. 99% of the game is learning timing and angles like every other tacticool FPS game. Aim carries you so fucking hard in this game because no one actually knows how to play in pub servers.
>>
>>334353945
What would be more realistic game?
>>
>>334355981

Squad or Arma 3
>>
>>334356395
I don't know anything about the Squad, but ARMA 3 is suffering from the engine a lot. And while it is more autistic, I don't really see how it is more realistic.
>>
>>334356486

>proper movement and positioning options
>actual ballistics rather than hitscan bullshit (this is a big one)
>significantly better armor, medical, and everything systems
>engagements happen at greater distances than point blank

Squad is basically Arma with an engine that isn't made by slavs. But it's a lot less mod-able.
>>
>>334356486
Diffrent stances, stamina system, object penteration, balistics, suppresion.

With some scripting you can get it even more autistic. From med fagging to shooting.

What makes the engine so bad? It works fine and much better then arma 2 engine.
>>
>>334356863
>What makes the engine so bad?

Nigger I'm the one who suggested Arma 3, but if you have to ask that you haven't played Arma 3.

>walk around in building
>oh no
>NONONONO
>get sucked into the wall, then ejected out the other side
>fall, shatter both your legs, bleed to death
>because a goddamn wall ate you

>walking through a field
>step on a rock wrong (or jump if you're on a server with that mod)
>catapulted 9001 miles into the air

>walking up stairs in those big military towers
>fall straight through

>everything about vehicles

Basically any time Arma has to physics at all, it fails completely and utterly in new and hilarious ways.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.