[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dancer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: Jg9LpuT.jpg (902 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Jg9LpuT.jpg
902 KB, 1920x1080
tfw she was supposed to be the fun boss and instead is the buggy boss ;_;
>>
>>334351272
Oh, I'm sorry

You didn't want an extremely slow and passive boss?

The bosses in this game suck dick
>>
>>334351394
stay mad kid
>>
>>334351394
>>334351556
don't get me wrong, it's a great fight, but that move where she grabs you works 100 % if you are close, kinda sucks. Abyss Watchers best fight so far tho
>>
>>334351272
Best boss in the game tbqh family
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CBbi6HCKn0
>>
>>334351647
>abyss watchers
You can literally backstab him. Easiest boss in the whole game.
>>
>>334351394
Sorry for what?
>>
>>334351805
>Easiest boss in the whole game.
i bet this is gonna become a meme - I said best fight aka most fun overall, not easiest. And no, it isn't the easiest.
>>
File: 1450761360299.gif (1006 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
1450761360299.gif
1006 KB, 500x700
>people rate bosses based off of their difficulty and not their overall fun factor

These bosses are legit garbage. Most of them are gimmicky as shit. How do you go from BB to this shit?
>>
File: 1453377646472.png (106 KB, 348x278) Image search: [Google]
1453377646472.png
106 KB, 348x278
>>334352459
stay mad lol. I like it
>>
File: 20160415061813_1.jpg (436 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160415061813_1.jpg
436 KB, 1920x1080
DAT ASS AND PUSSY MOUND THO
i could follow her around all day long
>>
>>334352459

i think the early game bosses are pretty garbage but they improve by the middle and end

needs more cool bosses like Pontiff and Abyss Watchers and less stupid ones like the goddamn tree and Deacons of the Deep
>>
>>334352459
>not liking gimmick fights
I always think it's fun to figure out what they want you to do, adds a bit of puzzle solving that isn't just "remember moveset, punish where possible".

I will say that a number of bosses were incredibly easy though, you really have no business being able to beat them on your first go.

>>334354778
Wait until you get to Oceiros. The bulge game is unreal.
>>
So far Abyss watchers have been the msot fun fight for me.

Went in with half my estus gone and barely survived. Fight was intense and I liked it. Just wish the 2nd phase had more HP.
>>
I'm only at the crystal sage so far but the bosses have been a bit eh really

DS3 is a weird mix as mechanically I think it is the best and unlike the others it actually feels finished, but past that it just feels a bit bland and rudimentary. Not even just fatigued on my part cause I skipped 2
>>
>>334355194
I think the issue is the game comes off as very self-referential. The early bosses aren't the greatest either, because they're trying to work you up to the harder ones, but there really aren't that many harder ones. I'd say only 4 bosses gave me any trouble, and one of them was optional.

What sucks is that 2 of the lords are complete pushovers, 1 takes a couple of tries, and the other is the only decent fight and it's the one you fight first.
>>
>>334352459
Different teams. Different director.

'A Team' made Bloodborne.
'B Team' made DS3.
>>
>>334355437
>very self-referential.
I think the problem is more it only really half leans into it. It'll give little nudges and winks so if you know it means something (if only a little oh okay) but there is nothing really more to it.
>>
File: Distraction Body Cute 2.jpg (158 KB, 886x1280) Image search: [Google]
Distraction Body Cute 2.jpg
158 KB, 886x1280
>>334355194
Too many references too previous games (setting, characters, items, etc...) and precious little original to Dark Souls 3.

Another thing is that Dark Souls 3 is the 3rd title in the series. The poorly told, deliberately vague lore and worldbuilding has gotten very stale after 6+ years of reuse.

Lastly, "Dark Fantasy" is still just a subsection of "High Fantasy". It ultimately suffers from the same issue: It's way too familiar a setting to hold appeal for very long.
>>
>>334355779
Yeah, the series seriously needs a proper sequel. I don't give a single shit about the inevitably doomed age of fire, and the retards propping it up for another couple of years.

Something DaS2 did well is that it had NPCs that felt fresh. Sure, they were all dull and they had no real stories, but at least it didn't feel like a straight rehash. I don't mind the crestfallen warrior, but when you throw in Andre, Patches, onion knight, and countless others, even if they're slightly different, it just feels lazy.

I'd love a game set in a completely different locale, but I feel like they're very scared of moving away from their medieval Europe feel, as if that's the element that keeps people playing.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.