[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people mistake skill floor with skill ceiling?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: APM In Sports.jpg (328 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
APM In Sports.jpg
328 KB, 1920x1080
Why do people mistake skill floor with skill ceiling?
>>
File: meanwhile in australia.jpg (49 KB, 684x497) Image search: [Google]
meanwhile in australia.jpg
49 KB, 684x497
>>334349883
Maybe they're from Australia.
>>
yeah, this game has a lot of specific shit to mess up with anyone that isnt up to understand how different it is from most shooters in basic gameplay mechanics (that mess of a concept for a recoil)

This is how recoil actually works in most games
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brXRv1ye_X0
>>
>>334350264
I don't have in my mind blown when I learnt about predictive recoil patterns. I simply never got past aimed at their the feet when I want to shoot them in the head.
>>
Because they never get off the floor
>>
>>334349883
Counterstrike GO is a lot like actual go.

It's deceptively simple game that's your classic 'easy to learn, lifetime to master'.
>>
>>334350264
This is something that should happen, but probably wouldn't. There is no logical reason that the crosshair should not follow the recoil like every other game. This won't make good people better, it will make meh people much better and let more people come in easier.
>>
>>334350264
>BAAAHHHH THE RECOIL IS UNREALISTIC
Every fucking cs thread you can spot the samefag

The problem is not that the gunplay is not realistic. That's Counter-Strike. That's how it has always and should always play.

The problem is that Hidden Path had done such a poor job in the foundation for the guns and nobody at valve has any idea how to balance anything. It's the most unbalanced joke of a counter strike game that only exists to make money from twitch kiddies.
>>
>>334349883
One man's floor is another man's ceiling.
>>
>>334353562
>That's Counter-Strike

thats exactly what I said, the thing is that the game shows feedback of what the player is doing differently then most games, therefore it can be hard to start playing CS after playing other shooters if the player doesnt quickly understand that there are a lot of different mechanics specific to CS under the hood.
>>
>>334353562
Just exactly what unrealistic about the recall for someone who is not in the know.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.