[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
witcher 3 vs DS3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1444327355031 (1).jpg (40 KB, 287x421) Image search: [Google]
1444327355031 (1).jpg
40 KB, 287x421
we ALL agree that DS3 wins right?

gameplay > graphics EVERYTIME
>>
DS3 is rated lower than BB, and BB won no fucking awards. Neither game matches up to the GOTY.
>>
>>334349443
I love Dark Souls 3 and BB.

But i enjoy playing Witcher 3 more than playing Dark Souls.
>>
>It's a witcher 3 vs. [blank] thread
It will never end, will it?
>>
>>334352219
Probably not and it stupid to compare both but this is /v/ after all.
>>
>>334349443
>crpg vs. action game
>>
What's up with the Witcher shitposters? Seem like desperate marketers trying to keep their completely forgettable game afloat.
>>
>>334352357
Comparing is the dark souls of 4chan boards
>>
>>334349443

https://boards.fireden.net/_/search/filename/1444327355031%20%281%29.jpg/

How long will you keep it up?
>>
>>334349443
I dont agree with you OP
>>
>>334349443
For consoles: DS3 is better
For PC: Witcher 3 is better.

DS3 multiplayer is not made for PC. Softbans are handed too easily (and the concept of a softban is viciously idiotic). Further, PVP is full of hackers with unlimited health.
>>
>>334349443
They aren't very similar games apart from both being action RPG's.
>>
>>334352219
Does The Witcher truly set the bar for new action/adventure/ story driven semi rpg's?
>>
>>334349443
>Shitty game vs decent game
>>
>>334349443
Gameplay in DS3? Lmao kid
>>
File: dark souls.jpg (127 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dark souls.jpg
127 KB, 1280x720
>>334355637
Witcher 3 is very much like a polar opposite of Dark Souls.

The combat system in W3 is actually surprisingly deep when you really learn all the intricacies of invincibility frames. and how long it takes to let the dodge "charge" before you make use of the i-frames again, and while the combat gets a lot of criticism for being "clunky" the truth is, it's very, very well structured and it has a strict tempo that alternates based on type of attack used and distance to the intended target, and it allows you to switch from offensive to defensive in the blink of an eye.. Then you add in magic spells and the tricks you can pull with those, and Witcher 3 has an involved, intricate combat system that rewards you for figuring out the more advanced tricks it offers (at least during the first half), which is extremely surprising considering it's heavily based on Assassin's Creed.

The problem is the enemies in W3 remain at the same level as they do when you first encounter them so once you reach a certain level you can cheese through hordes of the bastards without even having to think about it which makes the above point about familiarizing yourself with the combat system moot.

Dark Souls is the opposite in that it's actually rather simplistic and straightforward; you are encouraged to stay on the defensive and engage based on enemy attack/movement patterns, and the combat tempo is whatever you make it out to be without any real need or benefit from keeping a rhythm. The animations for all weapons have a tempo, but it never come into play much because it's always a set string of attacks, and tempo isn't what you need to worry about; it's enemy behavior and stamina.

What Souls games do what Witcher 3 doesn't is it manages to keep enemies threatening throughout the entire game, and your level only affects so much. Because of this. It also should be noted that just about everything in your inventory in a Souls game will be used in one way or another at some point.
>>
>>334349443
Too different games. The most similar game to witcher 3 is probably Skyrim.
>>
>>334356821
I really like the fact that future action rpgs will be compared to either Thw Witcher or Dark Souls, like you said, they have completely opposite playstyles and both of them are very good at their thing

For the Witcher non scaling enemies may have a reason since the game is heavily story driven, in a sense you are not supposed to go back to Velen when you are already in Skellige (sans for the hi level contracts) in contrast to Dark Souls which pretty much doesn't have levels for the mobs and if you act like an idiot a simple hollow on the first area can kill you when you are level 200... I just hope future rpgs follow this formulas, but who am I kidding, "current year" gamers don't want heavy story nor midly difficult gameplay, they just want a game that poses no challenge at any stage, that's why we are still having pieces of shit like the new Farcry and such
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.