[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this still /v/ related or it is old enough for /vr/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image_800px.jpg (59 KB, 282x386) Image search: [Google]
image_800px.jpg
59 KB, 282x386
Is this still /v/ related or it is old enough for /vr/?
>>
How can something that doesn't exist have an age
>>
/vr/ cuts off at the year 1999.

So you tell me.
>>
>>334347076
Wat
>>
>>334347242
It's nearly a decade old, so it's getting a fair bit matured nowadays.
>>
>ONLY ON XBOX
:^)
>>
Go dance with the angels, mister.
>>
>>334350042
That quote is 50% of why this game is terrible.
>>
>>334347014
Wait---was there a PS3 port? I only remember
>>334349989
>>
>>334349989
Well whats the point in playing the pstriple version
>>
It was one of the reasons I got the 360 instead of a ps3, combined with Halo 3.
And Ace Combat 7 will be the reason I get a ps4.
Mainly because Ace Combat 3 was what got me into gaming with the ps1.
>>
>>334347014
Unrelated to AC 6

But if an anon wanted to get into Ace Combat who would he start? Do the PSX-PS2-PSP games emulate well on a good pc (I7 3770k OC and 980)? Should I dig out a PS2? What games are essential?
>>
>>334350350

The PSX and PSP games emulate perfectly. Apparently the PS2 games have problems, but I've heard they can be fixed.
>>
>>334350191
There is no PS3 version pham. =]
>>
>>334350350
Last time I checked, the games don't emulate well (aside from the PSP ones).
AC4, AC5 and ACZERO are the core trilogy that are basically god-tier.
Each is very different story-wise, and tone. AC4 is fairly generic with an anti-war message in the form of an orphan and very few companion characters. AC5 is anti-war but very idealistic, with a good cast of supporting squadron buddies and possibly the best theme in the series. AC6 is a prequel to 5 but can be basically unrelated, and its darker in tone, with most of the personality coming from your sole wingman and the enemy squadrons which get interviews ala documentary style at the end of your fights.

All in all; start with 4 then 5 then 6 if you can. I'd say 5 and 6 are the strongest story-wise. But 4 is a must.
Also the soundtrack is literally orgasmic in every game.
AC4:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZBoiW460nU
AC5:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3u4YLIacGZo
ACZ:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKDzOnRydWk
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.