[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm still sad. It could've been so much more. Watching
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7
File: MGSV-The-Phantom-Pain-Ash-Face.jpg (80 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
MGSV-The-Phantom-Pain-Ash-Face.jpg
80 KB, 1000x563
I'm still sad. It could've been so much more.

Watching the trailers makes it worse.
>>
Who the hell was leading XOF/Cipher after Skully died?
>>
>>334346847
da patriots
>>
File: reshiram face 2.png (11 KB, 200x218) Image search: [Google]
reshiram face 2.png
11 KB, 200x218
>>334346772
I don't even like/play metal gear and you fags make me feel bad for you
>>
>>334346772
get with the times, man. we're shit posting about dark souls now.
>>
>>334347159
>334347159
I haven't even finished demon souls yet. I'm still stuck on the fight with the two gargoyles.
>>
what will boggle my mind for eternity is why they made big boss' phantom the medic and not solidus. I mean its about the right year, in africa, with child soldiers.
>>
>>334350532
Because that would tie things together too neatly, and Kojima hates that
>>
>>334350532
Kojima doesnt seem to have a lot of love for 1, 2 and 4. Frank Hunter, Sniper Wolf or Solidus are +15 year old characters he wants to be done away with.
>>
>>334346847
The original chain of command got restored, Ocelot says so in a tape.
>>
>>334348361
grab a bow and a lot of arrows and shoot one of them through the fog gate till it dies
>>
bumpang
>>
>>334351650
>Kojima doesnt seem to have a lot of love for 1, 2 and 4.

Are you sure he gives a shit about 3 after what he did to it in MGSV?

>Volgin wasn't really dead... he was in a coma for 21 years with a real hard on for killing Big Boss.
>>
>>334346772

> It could've been so much more
It could have been a good game. The MGS series deserves at least one of those.
>>
>>334350532
because people complained about fan fiction tier writing of 4. Why the fuck would it be solidus? He wouldn't be in metal gear solid 2 if he died in MG, and he was the president, how the fuck would he become the president if he was known for a terrorist running outer heaven?

MGS fans are retarded, i swear. You guys are asking for revenge of the sith level writing
>>
>>334356719
Venom being the boss who died in MG was a retcon you fucking idiot.
>>
>>334356782
that has nothing to do with what I said you fucking moron, if it wasn't venom, and it was solidus, how the fuck would the rest of the timeline work?

It wouldn't you fucking retard, fuck off with your stupid fan fiction bullshit. Not everything needs to be tied with a pretty bow to appease your autism
>>
>>334354251
>volgin got shoehorned in to make a spectacular intro scene
>backstory is all a mess after that
>>
>>334350532
>muh Solidus

Fuck off with that fanfic shit. Solidus was 12 fucking years old in 1984, possibly younger since he was created after Solid and Liquid.

And don't give me bullshit about accelerated aging. Eli/Liquid establishes that they grow up from childhood normally, and David/Solid establishes that the accelerated aging kicks in after puberty.

Accelerated aging =/= accelerated growth/puberty/growing up. It's accelerated aging and deterioration of the cells, not a literal fast forward in growing up into adulthood.
>>
>>334350532

Even someone like me who didn't play MGSV can get that the point was making you feel a stronger player-fake boss connection, which would have been weaker with an already characterized character. Hell, Kojima even cut Sutherland's lines to make it feel more like a silent protagonist, and some people still don't get it.
>>
>>334356869
BECAUSE IF VENOM WASN'T THE BOSS IN MG, THEN SOLIDUS WOULDN'T BE THE BOSS EITHER! IT'D WOULD HAVE JUST BEEN OG BIG BOSS, LIKE IT WAS FOR 20+ FUCKING YEARS BEFORE KOJIMA WENT NUTS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
File: snek.jpg (33 KB, 500x283) Image search: [Google]
snek.jpg
33 KB, 500x283
>>334346772
What SHOULD the story have been?
>>
File: missing link.jpg (138 KB, 853x1431) Image search: [Google]
missing link.jpg
138 KB, 853x1431
>>334361183

The missing link
>>
>>334346772
I know :( the gameplay is absolutely amazing but the story suffered from time/budget restraints.

To clarify, I am not saying that they did not have enough money/time. They had more than enough of both but Kojima was irresponsible during its production and probably thought he could do anything he wanted because of his oversized ego. He probably never thought that Kojima would pull the plug. Regardless, Kojima is the only one at fault for phantom pain and the mess it became.
>>
>>334361290
I like how V was heavily marketed to be Big Boss' downfall with a bunch of taboo shit, when you spend the game doing heroic deeds like rescuing child soldiers

It's nowhere near as taboo as what games have done before, in the original Fallouts you could kill kids and get a title for it
>>
File: wat.png (35 KB, 1057x390) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
35 KB, 1057x390
>>
File: x99jatrtfssfje60ifhq.jpg (75 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
x99jatrtfssfje60ifhq.jpg
75 KB, 1280x720
>>334346772
Do you think you got it bad?
You know whats worst?

Being a Silent Hill fan
>>
>>334361894

>Wanting a Silent Hill with Kojima
>>
>>334361894
You can just ignore the non-Team Silent Silent Hill games.
>>
>>334361676
It kinda happens.

What is missing from the game is showing Venom from an outside perspective. Huey helps do that, but not by much.

Venom DID claim he killed those kids, he DID kill his own men regardless of the reason, he DID threaten the world with nuclear weapons. He might have been a good guy, he was still someone else's bad guy.

What Kojima wanted to express is that no matter what you do, it'll be perceived by someone else as a bad action, and thus perpetuate war forever. Like most things in this game, it's poorly expressed, obviously because of a lack of associated content that was certainly cut.
>>
>>334361482
u weren't there
>>
>>334362018
Enithing would be better that book of memories and downpour
>>
>>334357943
>Hell, Kojima even cut Sutherland's lines to make it feel more like a silent protagonist, and some people still don't get it.

Everyone gets it, it's a terrible idea that's the problem.
>>
>>334357943
This.
Everything about the game is about customization.
Even though it's unfinished, Kojima basically wanted to make a tool to make your own MGS stories.
You can choose where to go, which missions to do, your weapons, your outfits, your items, your heli's equipment, buddies.
You have your own goddamn army and you decide if you want to send them on missions.
It's basically ''create your own MGS'', though it needed more indoor enviroments.
>>
>>334357943
>Even someone like me who didn't play MGSV can get that the point was making you feel a stronger player-fake boss connection, which would have been weaker with an already characterized character.
People abandoned their non-lethal runs when they saw the bases they had built up and the men they had trained/developed die. It wasn't even really "their" MB or troops, because those were still on PSP save files, but the audience identified so strongly with the character at that moment that the reality of data didn't matter as much as emotion did. We already were Big Boss, and the Not Your Kind of People trailer was a ten times stronger statement about that than a silent protagonist was.
>>
>>334362384
Isn't Book of Memories a fucking MOBA?

Also I almost liked Downpour. It was fucking trash, but still better than Homecoming, other than the story.
>>
>>334354251
>>334356941

Volgin is looking pretty good for a 70 year old man who was struck by lightning and has been in a coma for decades.

Even if he was 98% animated by the powers of the Third Child, he should have been a withered old wraith of his former self. How can you cultivate such mass in a twenty year coma?
>>
File: latest[5].jpg (138 KB, 986x616) Image search: [Google]
latest[5].jpg
138 KB, 986x616
>>334357059
How do you explain Solidus' appearance in Raiden's memory from his child soldier days in Liberia?
>>
>>334363546
>First Liberian Civil War – 1989–1996
>>
>>334363672
Whoops, my bad
I-I was only pretending to be r-retarded
>>
>>334363468
>How can you cultivate such mass in a twenty year coma?
Nano- sorry, parasites.
>>
>>334346772
Could've been worse.
Look at Doom.
>>
>replace skullface with zero
>no venom just actual Big Boss
>Actually kill the kids
>fucking phsyco after shooting those troops.
>game ends with solid snake about to infiltrate outer haven
Not that fucking hard kojima.
Also fuck you you don't need physco mantis in everygame. Leave volgin fucking dead. And Huey is a fucking retarded character.

Is there anygame i can play as a man losing his sanity and turning evil?
not fucking far cry 3 please
>>
>>334365519
Spec Ops The Line
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.