[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quick question. Impulse bought Dark Souls 3, it's my first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
Quick question. Impulse bought Dark Souls 3, it's my first time playing a DS title, really liking it. My inexperience makes boss fights a bitch though. How can I tell if I need to keep trying to kill a tough enemy or level up some more? Is being "underleveled" even a thing in this game?
>>
>>334344748
Leveling in souls games is pretty useless, put your souls into upgrading your weapon first.
For the bosses you should try to make use of your dodge roll since enemies can't hit you while you roll.
You also made a mistake not taking the knight class as a new player.

The rest is practice.
>>
>>334344748
The trick is that if you're having difficulty with the boss, you should be able to explore some other area of the map and fight a different boss or more creatures.
>>
>>334344748
Though you can't upgrade armor in DS3, it is still true that equipment >>>> Levels. Upgrade your weapons, change around your equipment and see what works and what doesn't
You could also put your signal on the ground and get summoned to make yourself a better idea of how to beat it without losing your ember.
>>
>>334347489
>Though you can't upgrade armor in DS3

I was really surprised when I realized you couldn't. Not sure if it's an improvement or not yet, but there was always more focus on weapon upgrades anyway and it might prevent you from locking in to one set of armor.
>>
>>334344748
There's only 2 words of advice whenever it comes to these types of games

git gud
>>
I'm the same.
Basically; what I've gotten is, patience and calm.
You can't panic or get angry. At that point you'll slip up a dodge or click a button wrong and die.
I died like 3 times to Gungnir before realising the reason was because I started panicking during his second state and was struggling to see his moves.
Just started to focus entirely on dodging rather than doing damage and managed to get his combo's down easily.
From what I've seen the rest of the game is going to be similar.
>>
Why would you impulse buy the most expensive game in a series where the games have barely any differences?
>>
>>334344748
Play as a deprived. It's the only way to play.
>>
>>334350295
>all wine just tastes like grape juice
>>
>>334350569
Non drinker here, yes it does.
It tastes like alcohol and grapes, that's it.
>>
>>334351197
I guess your lack of good taste is universal.
>>
do hp build for your first character, just use elemental weapon and put all points in health and some stamina
>>
>>334352000
Nah I just don't have a "trained palate"
>>
Can someone help me? im in the undead settlement, cliff underside bonfire. I go past all the enemies, up the church elevator with the guy at the top, getting off halfway and going into that village on fire. Went through the house with the 2 witches but it just led to a ring.. seems like a dead end but i have no idea where to go now. Is it that cave area to near my bonfire? Notes on the floor said all kinds of keys and shit were needed ahead
>>
bumparoo
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.