[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nintendo better wise up with their approach to online accounts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: digitalcomparison.png (147 KB, 1859x676) Image search: [Google]
digitalcomparison.png
147 KB, 1859x676
Nintendo better wise up with their approach to online accounts and digital games starting with the NX or they're done for.
>>
They should worry about making a good console first.
>>
>>334339817
>making sony's good sales two separate points
There's desperate and then there's pathetic, man.
>>
As a nintendo fanboy, I actually agree. I got a n3ds and couldn't link it with my nnid because it was bound to my old 3ds which I traded in.
>>
File: 1453209007470.jpg (187 KB, 530x424) Image search: [Google]
1453209007470.jpg
187 KB, 530x424
>have to rebuy ps2 games on ps4 for maybe the third time
>>
The account thing on Nintendo platforms is still the most ridiculous thing ever. The Xbox 360 had fucking accounts that let you re-download games 11 years ago.
>>
>>334339817
While Nintendo's online sucks shit this image is trying way too hard to make Sony seem like the "good guys" by comparison. Sony's pretty shit too m8.
>>
It's really surprising how badly they handled online game downloads considering they had arguably the best combination of library and nostalgia factor to leverage it back with the Wii.

Instead they were left in the dust before they even started and haven't come close to catching up since.
>>
>>334340582
I agree that the shit about sales is ridicluous but the point about accounts is completely right. Both Microsoft and Sony have had an account system for 10+ years.
>>
>>334339817
>Nintendo better wise up with their approach to online accounts and digital games starting with the NX or they're done for.
>Digital
>mattering
JA JA JA
>>
>>334340686
For older, out of print games digital absolutely matters. It's an extremely low-cost solution for the platform holders and publishers to make easy money and an inexpensive way for console owners to play titles they may have missed or enjoyed years ago.

There's no reason to not have a credible system in place.
>>
>>334340942
>For older, out of print games digital absolutely matters
backwards or you can buy em for online or anything old enough is on emulator
>>
>>334341292
It's the iTunes model, you subhuman mongrel. Most people don't have old systems [or the desire to buy one and clutter up their house] and if you offer them cheap enough in a convenient distribution method, you'll take away some of the incentive [not all] to pirate things through emulation.
>>
>>334339817
As much as I wish they would steal the ***GOOD*** stuff companies like Sony and Microsoft are doing, I highly fucking doubt it.

The only darned game they announce cross-buy support for is that stupid Mario Mini's game, but not any of the various Virtual Console titles like NES games such as Super Fucking Mario Bros 1.

At least a few indies are supporting it, but it is nowhere near the level of PSN stuff that is PS3/Vita/PS4 cross buy.

Reduce the price of VC stuff by at least 50% if you expect us to pay multiple times. My Nintendo rewards discounts you earn are a joke with 15% for titles we already have with Platinum points, or 30% of other titles we have from Gold points given from eShop purchases $5+.
>>
>>334339817
>almost steam savings
>what are emulated games for half price of their initial launch price or subscriprion streaming trash like PSNOW
>We like cross-play, but only when it's good for us. We will not allow Xbox crossplay, because 4 da playa

Sony is a bit better thna N, but you're trying too hard.
>>
>>334339817
If i was a retard i'd not see the blatant sony shilling.

I am happy to have a working brain, and fear for those that made this picture
>>
>>334339817
they dont have to because people are still willing to pay $50 for mario games. no matter how old they are.
>>
Nintendo needs to swallow their nipponesu pride and just fucking study the competition for once. They have this retarded attitude towards it where they arrogantly believe that Microsoft and Sony should always be following what they do instead of the other way around. Meanwhile their approach to online is a decade behind and their draconian pricing punishes the hardcore fans that they rely so much on for support.
>>
>>334339817
>Nintendo better wise up
oooo

tough words little man

what you gonna do if they don't "wise up"?
>>
Honestly it should be illegal to put indie games on sale and call it a good deal
>>
>>334339817
The account system certainly needs an upgrade, but all those benefits being shown all come at the low, low price of $60/year.
>>
I hate these types of posts.

like, the writing language is clearly skewed in favour of Sony. From the sounds of it, it's justly in favour but why stuff like this can't just unbiasedly point out the answers (or lack thereof) for each question without the use of sarcasm is beyond me.

I see fuck loads of comparisons like this and instantly disregard them.
>>
>>334339817
fact. nintendo classics retain more value than janky ps1 titles. they are like the kubrick films of games and you could enjoy them annually. I myself play through super mario bros 3 every birthday. Last year I completed it without taking a single hit.
>>
>>334339817
You forgot that Nintendo's online if fucking free m8
>>
File: 1460232155154.gif (411 KB, 499x281) Image search: [Google]
1460232155154.gif
411 KB, 499x281
>>334339817
>Make sure you're polite to the associate
>As if this doesn't go without saying for grown-ups
>Subtly pretending to be a literal manchild as his hail-mary/coup-de-grace

This is some high-quality bait right here.
>>
>>334339817
I agree although the last point on the Nintendo side was wrong, my first Wii U got stolen and it was pretty painless getting my digital games back
>>
>>334339817
>online stores must have -50 to 90% sales
Valve ruined this generation
>>
>>334345008
Speaking of Valve why don't they get fucking shredded on here for not even making video games anymore? When was the last time Valve released anything that wasn't just a patch?
>>
>>334343915

I make $60 in 2 hours of work. That lasts for a full year and gets me free games from PS+, as well as the discounts and online play. How's that expensive?
>>
I want a fucking $1 flash sale. It has been like over a year since the last one.
>>
>>334339817
Nintendo's online service is nonexistant, but Sony's could use some work, too.

>better activation system
>lack of account 2FA

Fix those and I'd buy a PS4.
>>
>>334345149

Valvedrones are retareded thats why

If you say something negetaive about them the thread wil be rushed by fat neckbeards defending
>MAH STEAM
>MAH GABEN
>>
File: 1404571354818.jpg (25 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
1404571354818.jpg
25 KB, 400x386
I just hacked my 3ds

now I get all the games for free
>>
>>334339817
>lmao dude what are you doing, for only $50 a year you can have a bunch of literally who games for free, why do you wanna play a mario game?

as someone who actually did a Wii U system transfer, I had to wait three excruciating days, but I'd take doing that once instead of having my account info and credit card number compromised every other year
big reason why I'm never getting a PSN+ account
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 279x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 279x288
>>334345695
>b-b-but nothing bad happened!
There are people who legit said this after the big Sony security breaches
>>
>>334345163
>I make $60 in 2 hours of work.
No you don't
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 600x338
>STOP MAKING ROMS OF OUR GAMES
>thanks for the free rom download now who wants to pay $9.99 for it?

Why is this allowed?
>>
>only 0.96 USD!
for your sake OP you better be getting paid
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.