[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Twilight Princess (GC)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: gfs_54537_2_26.jpg (117 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
gfs_54537_2_26.jpg
117 KB, 1024x576
After a long time without using the Gamecube, i've decided to turn it on to play this game (Not Wii/WiiU ports. Just no). More funny and colorfull that i remember (Lake Hylia pls), or my nostaliga was trash. The wolfs sessions were 'kay, it could have been better IMO.

And after 6 hours of uninterrupted gameplay, i went to the internet to see what people thinks about the game, and i found that most opinions are just garbage-trow to this game.

And again, raising the question, why so much criticism for this entry?

Most of the criticism is it is not like OoT or It has a lot of OoT / OoT 2.0 and i don't get it. Some people says that this entry didn't change anything to the series, but Zelda hasn't changed that much since it began, not even today.
>>
A lot of people were extremely harsh on TP when it came out because it had a lot of very exciting trailers, and they built up these unrealistic expectation that could not possibly be matched. They were disappointed with it, and that disappointment has only further festered over time.
Nowadays, you see a lot of people calling it pure shit because they only remember their negative feelings toward it. Like a sort of anti-nostalgia.
Also, don't knock the Wii U port, it's easily the best version of the game. More optimized, better textures, little fixes here and there, gyro aiming is way more precise than the stick, etc. It's the kind of thing where I'd have to suggest anyone wanting to play it for the first time to go with that version.
>>
you made this exact same thread yesterday
>>
>>334330232
Kind of
>>
File: 1457009653203.jpg (83 KB, 1283x658) Image search: [Google]
1457009653203.jpg
83 KB, 1283x658
>>334329929
>More optimized, better textures
It unironically runs worse and they fucked up the art style of the original game. There are also zero fixes, in fact they added issues.

Nintendo didn't make it, there's no reason to be a blind fanboy.
>>
My only major complaint was I literally can not play it without getting a headache. The colors and design and bloom just mess with my head for some reason. I get a headache within 20 minutes of turning it on every time, and the buzzing soundtrack whenever the Twilight shit starts going down fucks my head even more.
>>
>>334329929
>>334331159

It's a port. Happens all the time these days. Just look at Resident Evil REmake.

And also, the GC version also have frame issues.
>>
File: 1454075641385.png (361 KB, 634x374) Image search: [Google]
1454075641385.png
361 KB, 634x374
>>334331474
>Happens all the time these days
Most remasters are actually decent, this is one of the few that does it wrong.
>>
>>334328992

I kinda liked that it built on the storytelling design that WindWaker established with more NPC interaction and character building.
Thought it was actually pretty well fleshed out.
Final boss was awesome looking but the mechanics were boring as hell. Not half as cool as the Gannondorf/Gannon fight at the end of OoT. Or fighting dorf in WW for that matter.
>>
>>334331159
There's a minor framerate drop in literally one area because of a specific kind of fog effect, but other than that, it's nothing but improvements. The load times are faster, the animations are considerably faster, and you are out of your fucking mind if you think the GC/Wii versions look better.
This isn't like WWHD where the new lighting engine makes all of the character models look weird and plasticky instead of flat and cel-shaded like they're supposed to, it's literally just improved textures and toned down bloom effects.
>>
File: 1457848639433.jpg (81 KB, 480x492) Image search: [Google]
1457848639433.jpg
81 KB, 480x492
>>334328992
>Just no
>>
File: why is this allowed.jpg (52 KB, 1100x389) Image search: [Google]
why is this allowed.jpg
52 KB, 1100x389
>>334331615
>that WindWaker established
Wind Waker was just a clone of OOT with less of everything though, NPC interactions especially. More-so if you take Majora's Mask into consideration.

And TP has more storytelling in cutscenes but it has less NPC interactions on account of it having no notable towns.

>>334331672
They changed textures, not necessarily improving them.And they added bloom and the animations are exactly the same, that was one of the main complaints reviewers had wit hthe game.
>>
>>334331672
You have the WiiU version?

On the GC, on Lake Hylia, if you watch to the cannon house from far, it lags a bit. This happends on the WiiU version?
>>
>>334332036
>They changed textures, not necessarily improving them.
You could argue that 1% of the new textures look worse aesthetically, but you really have to fucking cherry-pick, because the vast majority of TP vanilla's textures were muddy as shit.
You walk into the Temple of Time in TPHD and it's seriously mind-blowing how much better it looks.

Then again, you've been using the same images for like, what, four months now? I don't know why I'd expect you to change your tune now.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.